New Ingame Gem Purchase Screen

Hi folks, I may just be being paranoid but I'm seeing a new set of screens ingame when trying to purchase gems. The game also seems to have lost my stored card details and is asking me to enter them in to this screen new ingame gem purchase screen The screen itself looks nothing like the other guild wars windows/screens.

I just wanted to check if this change in UI/screens is legit before I entered my card details and submit...

On 12/14/2021 at 9:03 PM, dislocated.4673 said:

Hi folks, I may just be being paranoid but I'm seeing a new set of screens ingame when trying to purchase gems. The game also seems to have lost my stored card details and is asking me to enter them in to this screen new ingame gem purchase screen The screen itself looks nothing like the other guild wars windows/screens.

I just wanted to check if this change in UI/screens is legit before I entered my card details and submit...

As for leggit, yes. I have purchased Gems through this new UI and Gem where added the very moment purchase went through to my account after confirmation (authorisation - 3D Secure) from International Debit card from my Bank.

Just make sure that the information you add to your account which will be later saved (there is no way to opt out) is exactly as what is written on your card to avoid potential problems (same if you use any other payment method).

8 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

According to the Knowledge Base, you can opt out of saved information:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230515368-Managing-Payment-Information

(I don't know if it is true, I've not tried.) 

As far as I can tell from that page it looks like that information (CS Help and Knowledge Base - there is no date from when that page where made or if that is still valid ) could be from when Digital River Inc. where still payment operator.

I didn't see any other button or something that I could choise to tick or untick to continue with purchase that would let me pass without adding/saving credit/debit card information and I have bought Gems two time since Arena Net changed their payment operator.  On the old system there where some option for opting out from permanently saving Debit/Credit card information (tick).

Logged in to check if there was any option to remove that information and there where no button or any other instruction for being able to remove that information. With that informtion stored it is only three digit (CVV) that needs to be filled in to start buying payment transaction. No other changes can be made from that UI today.