Things I'd Like To See Change QOL Style - Class Balance/Design Stuff

Trevor Boyer.6524

6 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Dunno if you still "remember" the OP you created but...a ranger playing side node, goes and mention things "needing attention", listing : smoke screen....gale...fear ring.......yeah all factors contributing  to a lost duel due to a sudden +1, but sure let's assume that this thread was not made out of "anger", after all you even added the "token gesture" with warrior 300s trait to make it seems more credible

Dude it's the same general suggestion thread updated for current meta that you've been seeing me make for 10 years now.

You're looking way too deep into this Sherlock.

• Like 1

Honestly, I would like to see an involved developer, that would be my New Years wish for 2022.  I know they said WvW is going to get some love with the new expansion, but we need developers that will be willing to try new things and be bold about it.  Instead of making these little small tweaks here and there, get involved with the community, make some big changes and get feedback.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Honestly, I would like to see an involved developer, that would be my New Years wish for 2022.  I know they said WvW is going to get some love with the new expansion, but we need developers that will be willing to try new things and be bold about it.  Instead of making these little small tweaks here and there, get involved with the community, make some big changes and get feedback.

Pretty sure they just have to do what marketing tells them to do.

If anything, what their company probably really needs, is a more adventurous marketing team.

• Confused 1

Warrior - Agree. This applys to all classes really. These should have been addressed ages ago. Why did they add ANOTHER 300 sec cooldown in EoD? This is lazy design. Enough with this.

Guardian - I still think poison should reduce downstate healing by 66%. That would go a long way towards curbing revive power. Damage went down by 33% in the Feb Patch. This made cleaving downed bodies a lot harder to pull off. Even if you can free cast on the downstate it's sometimes not enough to stop a hand rez. Making poison a more viable countermeasure would give us something more to play around rez power. 

Most rez skills simply heal a downstate by 100% instead of simply rezzing them, so a more potent poison would decrease the effectiveness of rez sklls by an additional 33%. This is huge because it gives you more ways to play around stability + rez skill or aegic/block + rez skill outside of Swipe. 

Revenant - I'm lucky enough not to have encountered this bug often, but I can definately see why it would be frustrating. Should be fixed. 

Ranger - Whenever a ranger stuns themselves on my Static Shield, It feels... cheap? Like that interaction shouldn't work that way. Sure, it's great for me, but cmon... 

Thief - I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand this skill is extremely annoying in the right circumstances, on the other hand there's a legitimate side node thief build that is allowed to work in part because of this skill. I think thief needs work in general beyond simply nerfing them. Removing 300 sec cds from acrobatics would be a good start. 

Engineer - Recently made the swap from Big boomer to Flashbang myself just to try it out. It's preeeety dumb. I wouldn't mind replacing this grandmaster with something else. Maybe you could roll Grenadier, and the previous trait that made bomb fuses shorter into this trait. Call it "Master Bomber"

Necro - This class is why I took a long haitus from PvP and I don't intend on returning so long as they're in the state they're in. 

Elementalist - Actually disagree on this one. I think Unblockable CC has a place in this game. It could use a better tell though. It has an appropriately long wind up, but the animation is easy to miss. Some wind particle effects around the caster would help with this. Make it look like they're conjuring up a gale to blow over their foes. 

Mesmer: I'm not sure what RNG you're talking about. Are these well documented issues? Are we talking about RNG as in skills randomly not working (Blinking in place) or RNG in the literal sense? Such as with the random boons on Chaos Aura?

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, Morwath.9817 said:

You realize, you can buff other ways than by buffing damage? For example, if you would want to have Berserker on Reapers level, you could give him pulsing resistance in berserk mode, so he could not be blinded, immobilized, weakened, feared etc. While it wouldn't make Berserker suddenly do more damage, nor his defences against damage would change, he would be much viable than now.

dont forget giving them 50% damage reduction in berserk mode, a second health pool in berserk mode, and chill blind weakness & boon corrupts

7 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

dont forget giving them 50% damage reduction in berserk mode, a second health pool in berserk mode, and chill blind weakness & boon corrupts

I prefer frequent baby steps balancing rather than swinging hammer once a while. So, no. I haven't forgotten about anything.

Edited by Morwath.9817

4 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

anets "frequent" or the real definition of frequent?

Seasonal. 

Seasons last enough to gather data and prepare somekind of balancing patch either to fix whats broken or just to shake metagame a little.

Offseasons give enough time to playtest such changes, and potentialy do more fixes before starting next season.

Edited by Morwath.9817

1 hour ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Seasonal. 

Seasons last enough to gather data and prepare somekind of balancing patch either to fix whats broken or just to shake metagame a little.

Offseasons give enough time to playtest such changes, and potentialy do more fixes before starting next season.

They haven't done anything meaningful in a really long time actually.