Three days of crashing

Wintersday is here and let be be honest, its great, i enjoy it. But since the update I have been crashing about 3-6 times over the course of a couple hours and running certain events (Winter Wonderland crashes instantly on hitting the portal). I am also Crashing instantly on loading the Trading post / Gemstore....I just want my gobbler.....This is upsetting as i have not seen anything that makes me think they are fixing it, as any discussions of crashing are months old and most pinned topics on the forums are from three plus years ago >.>. I have tried repair tricks, reinstalling the entire game and updating anything driver related with no change. i literally cannot play this game right now since the update and its frustrating. is anyone else having similar issues?

Edited by Haovcwagon.7829

No crashes here and I play for hours every day. However, I haven't been anywhere near the Wintersday JP.
The only crashes I had this year were when I first enabled DX11 beta, but that has settled down and has been stable for the last couple of months. If you have DX11 enabled, you could try turning it off and see if it makes any difference.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

If you have DX11 enabled, you could try turning it off and see if it makes any difference.

Yup, this would be my suggestion too. I only had problems with the game crashing to desktop when I enabled DX11 earlier this year.

It was particularly bad during the Drakkar meta in Bjora Marches; I crashed three times in one run.

Maybe DX11 GW2 is useless at snow and ice?

18 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Yup, this would be my suggestion too. I only had problems with the game crashing to desktop when I enabled DX11 earlier this year.

It was particularly bad during the Drakkar meta in Bjora Marches; I crashed three times in one run.

Maybe DX11 GW2 is useless at snow and ice?

Well, it is a Beta feature right now and with good reason. I had crashes a while ago when I first tried it. I just enabled it again to see if things changed.

2 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

So are you saying it crashes whether you use DX11 or not?

Do you have issues with any other games or programs?

BTW, just a heads-up, but this thread's probably going to end up getting moved to Account & Technical Support.

Yeah crashes weather or not DX11 is used, and no other games or programs are having issues on my Computer. Also i figured it would get moved eventually.

2 hours ago, fatihso.7258 said:

@Haovcwagon.7829 type I am Evon Gnashblade to TP search box, when list changes to small icons, go to gemstore and buy your gobbler.

that's a weird thing to have in a game haha ill have to try it.