"Hard mode" food suggestion

AquaBR.9250

1 hour ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Anyways, challenge is only part of the problem.  Hard mode will not solve the other part which is reward-centric.  Those who seek challenge purely for the sake of challenge do not require in-game rewards, as the mastery of new challenges is, in itself, the reward.

This is the best thing I've ever read about this topic.  Well put!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

What I'm referring to, regarding reward-seeking as theultimate goal, is:

(emphasis added)

(emphasis added)

The final quote seems to be edited out somewhere.

Anyways, challenge is only part of the problem.  Hard mode will not solve the other part which is reward-centric.  Those who seek challenge purely for the sake of challenge do not require in-game rewards, as the mastery of new challenges is, in itself, the reward.

Besides, the issue of challenge is not one of stats, but of player skill and the lack of new scenarios to adapt to.  This is highlighted by:

What makes the game easier is not the stats of the character, but the skill level of the player.  

Diminished stats do not make the game harder, it only prolongs the fights that the player is already skilled enough to handle.

To this, I suggest waiting for EoD as new expansions have come with new game mechanics in the open world.  At least that has been the pattern.  I do not think ArenaNet will deviate from this consistency.

Further, Mid level characters scale better than level 80 characters, in that their stats aren't reduced as much as level 80.  This has been consistently tested when I went through alts to get rid of all the birthday experience scrolls.  

For example, a level 80 warrior in all berserker stats downscaled in the starter zone requires more hits to kill a Jotun than a mid level character with level-appropriate mighty or strong gear, such as a level 35 character with all rare gear.

Back to challenge, there is no easy way for ArenaNet to constantly scale the game to match the level of player skill.  It requires new mechanics and new designs to subject the players to new combat situations.  This takes time and money.

Thanks for telling me this :) i wrote it indeed in a missunderstanding way. I dont mean the reward per hour increase, but the reward from killing a trash in 20 seconds instead of 2 seconds. And i dont mean 10 times more...but only 1,5 times would be enough....so its far faaaar less loot, but still will give a  feelibg of reward. If there are no rewards at all in whole gw2, i dont think it would be so successful. But ofc the increased reward should not be abusable. :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1