Installer not doing more than about 2000 MBs, then stops

On Windows 7 64 bit.  Reinstalled a new HDD and had to download a new install of GW2.  After getting through most of the install to playable, the launcher will no longer download more than about 2000 MBs.  I have about 150,000 MB left...  It will download some, but I never get progress on the bar and it will only go down by 2-3k each time I launch it...

I have done several things to fix this:

• cleared data cache
  • addressed windows network throttling
  • re-labeled Gw2.exe file
  • Repaired Gw2

Wondering what else I can do?  

19 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

There's a bug with the patch servers that can cause them to host corrupted files, resulting in GW2 getting stuck. You can fix it by using the primary server: https://imgur.com/a/8HA67lK

Are you sure that you posted correct picture as it only show how to set Command Promt to Run as Administrator. I would expect some kind of IP adress instead to get to one of those Primary Servers.

7 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Are you sure that you posted correct picture as it only show how to set Command Promt to Run as Administrator. I would expect some kind of IP adress instead to get to one of those Primary Servers.

It's an album of 3 pictures plus descriptions, showing how to find and set the current IP (it changes frequently). Alternatively, here's the full text version.

• Like 1
On 12/17/2021 at 6:22 AM, Healix.5819 said:

There's a bug with the patch servers that can cause them to host corrupted files, resulting in GW2 getting stuck. You can fix it by using the primary server: https://imgur.com/a/8HA67lK

Checked this morning and this completely resolved it!  Thanks for posting this, and the effort for all of the really nice screenshots and clear command lines!

And thank you for taking the time to simply reply and post the link.  Super good of you!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

• Like 1