Anet needs to move away from Open World design and make new dungeons.

Dromar.1027

2 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

And I guess it was just conspiracy theory by non raiders to stick it to raiders?

Nope, it doesn't have to be consipiracy theory for random players to make stuff up.

You literally did it earlier with your statements for which you have 0 proof but your own anectdotal experience while placing blame at an entire part of the player base showing perfectly how these things develop. 

Add enough of disgruntled or unhappy players together making stuff up, and you can beat any conspiracy theory twice over.  Like the one where snowcrows benchmarks are needed for raids.

If the content is challenging enough, it will draw scrutiny by simple reasoning that certain rewards are locked away from players.

Or maybe it had some truth to it? How come fractal CMs do not get so much negativity as raids do, even though in fractal CM one person contribution is way more important than in raid?

Says who? Fractals and not even only CMs have seen their shate of complaints. Sunqua, even normal mode, sees regular complaints. So does Sirens Reef, which used to be skipped (not sure what the current pug approach is since I stick to guildies mostly by now) by large parts of the T4 pug groups.

That is without even getting into the large differences in difficulty both in how the content is setup as well as how the reward structures are desgined.

I have to applaud you though. You are giving a great representation of how assumptions, paired with lack of experience and data as well as a motive, can result in great propaganda. I doubt this could have been demonstrated better than with such a live example.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

And I guess it was just conspiracy theory by non raiders to stick it to raiders? Or maybe it had some truth to it? How come fractal CMs do not get so much negativity as raids do, even though in fractal CM one person contribution is way more important than in raid?

Have you heard of the chinese robber fallacy? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

And I guess it was just conspiracy theory by non raiders to stick it to raiders? Or maybe it had some truth to it? How come fractal CMs do not get so much negativity as raids do, even though in fractal CM one person contribution is way more important than in raid?

Fractals are fluid.  They reset daily therefore more groups can and will form and do them.  Also there've been a multitude of salty people expecting a hard carry complaining about both raid and fractal LFGs.   Meanwhile, raids reset weekly which means groups taper off after the first three or so days.  There's also this stigma against raids when they were announced.  So many people were just vocally against them on the forums, on reddit,  tc. People raised a huge stink about them, when the reality is this: Most  groups tried to help people who were underperforming, they'd give people a  chance at killing a boss, but, thanks to the tools available for the players, they're able to see  people who aren't performing up to a minimum standard for their role. (EG,  DPS players doing less damage than the support/tank, supports giving little buffs/boons, Tanks dying on pulls.)  People get miffed about asking them to ping their build in strikes. Asking for basic levels of competency is seen as toxic, it has been since dungeons had a meta developed for it.

Also, there was, at no point in time, anyone preventing the people who wanted to get into raids from making their own lfg.  Something I tried to do several times in that same timeframe you described as raiders  killing their own game mode.  It's how I got into raids on my alt account too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I have to applaud you though. You are giving a great representation of how assumptions, paired with lack of experience and data as well as a motive, can result in great propaganda. I doubt this could have been demonstrated better than with such a live example.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make here, but negative outlook to raids get out of GW2 community into deterrent for new players. I am stating nothing but facts, on how vocal part of community sees raids. I don't give two cats on your point, or reality. I did raids to get my PvE leggy armour set and forgot about them. And moving to instance favoured system over open world would be shooting oneself in a foot as Anet is incapable to provide decent instanced content besides fractals and 2 raid wings (5 and 7).

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 1/12/2022 at 10:53 AM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

I have no idea what point you are trying to make here, but negative outlook to raids get out of GW2 community into deterrent for new players. I am stating nothing but facts, on how vocal part of community sees raids. I don't give two cats on your point, or reality. I did raids to get my PvE leggy armour set and forgot about them. And moving to instance favoured system over open world would be shooting oneself in a foot as Anet is incapable to provide decent instanced content besides fractals and 2 raid wings (5 and 7).

Yes ... an important point. The moving to instanced content is the LAST thing Anet should be doing until they can demonstrate there is a sustainable business model that supports it ... and that includes their ability to provide a consistent instanced content experience to players. 

While I believe Anet could be capable of providing that experience (and they think so to), it remains to be seen their business supports that direction.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yes ... an important point. The moving to instanced content is the LAST thing Anet should be doing until they can demonstrate there is a sustainable business model that supports it ... and that includes their ability to provide a consistent instanced content experience to players. 

While I believe Anet could be capable of providing that experience (and they think so to), it remains to be seen their business supports that direction.

We don't know what the business model looks like sans instanced PvE either, though.  Nobody is suggesting 100% focus to the complete exclusion of other game modes.  In fact, I'd say one of ANet's biggest problems is their habit of neglecting or outright abandoning game modes.  For instance, fractals seem reasonably popular, but since they get barely any development I doubt they're as popular as they could be.  Would putting some resources toward pushing out a new fractal more than once every 1.5 years produce more of a gain than those resources applied to yet more open world/story?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

We don't know what the business model looks like sans instanced PvE either, though.  Nobody is suggesting 100% focus to the complete exclusion of other game modes.  In fact, I'd say one of ANet's biggest problems is their habit of neglecting or outright abandoning game modes.  For instance, fractals seem reasonably popular, but since they get barely any development I doubt they're as popular as they could be.  Would putting some resources toward pushing out a new fractal more than once every 1.5 years produce more of a gain than those resources applied to yet more open world/story?

We don't, but based on the last few years, Anet probably has a pretty good view of what the business model looks like if they make little to no more instanced group content. 

In otherwords, Anet probably concludes it's worth another kick at the can, because they are doing it, but they still need to prove to themselves this is the right direction if they want to move more significantly in that direction. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

After every new fractal there is wave or tears on how new fractal is hard or broken, or how some class is OP, because fractals run it. I'd love getting new fractals every 6 months or so, but if it leads to more lazy design like Ai and Sirens reef with AoE spam,or boss constantly moving for the sake of moving like Ai or Deepstone, or it arbitrary having two phases just for the sake of having two phases in CM (lets be honest, it could have been phase 1 with shades added in between the phases), like Ai, I'd be happy with one every year or so. But in general I much more prefer good open world maps where you can join event trains with other people, or even with guild and not just 5/10 people

• Confused 2

After every new fractal there is wave or tears on how new fractal is hard or broken, or how some class is OP, because fractals run it. I'd love getting new fractals every 6 months or so, but if it leads to more lazy design like Ai and Sirens reef with AoE spam,or boss constantly moving for the sake of moving like Ai or Deepstone, or it arbitrary having two phases just for the sake of having two phases in CM (lets be honest, it could have been phase 1 with shades added in between the phases), like Ai, I'd be happy with one every year or so. But in general I much more prefer good open world maps where you can join event trains with other people, or even with guild and not just 5/10 people

Well, right now we're talking a new fractal every 1.5-2 years, so even 1 per year would be an improvement, but still way too slow to call any game mode "supported".  Open world/story is my jam, too.  But the fact is I also do plenty of WvW, some fractals and strikes, a little PvP now and then, etc.  If they don't support all this other stuff (and what they've been doing the past few years counts as practically zero support in my book!) I'm going to find another game and I expect I am not alone in that.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

WTF.  Ai is a wonderfully designed boss.  You're supposed to survive the dashes and DPS her when she stops.  It encourages movement.  What do you want?  More DPS golem bosses where you can brain afk your rotation while the firebrand gives you perma stab+aegis?

Deepstone is fine, sans the maze.  That part could be removed without issue.

28 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

What do you want?

The wind phase needs to be fixed, so it doesn't bug out after wipes. Her HP needs to be scaled so that T1 and T2 no longer have this needlessly overblown HP pool that absolutely does not belong into these tiers. And that are just two issues I've seen from the handful of attempts I made. Other people with more extensive testing might have found even more issues.

In theory, it's a nice boss with varied phases. But practically, if suffers horribly from Arenanet stopping to properly adjust it less than a month after they pushed it out.

Edited by Fueki.4753

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Fix the wind phase, so it doesn't bug out after wipes.

Properly scale her HP so that T1 and T2 no longer have this needlessly overblown HP pool that absolutely does not belong into these tiers.

And that are just two things people have issues with.

In theory, it's a nice boss with varied phases. But practically, if suffers horribly from Arenanet stopping to properly adjust it less than a month after they pushed it out.

Ah yes, bugs hindering the experience, not the actual fight itself which is fine.

5 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

What do you want?

Not DPS golem jumping around arena. Harder mechanics on same HP pool, or smaller HP pool on same movement. Doing same dance every day for 10 minutes is not fun, on top of movement being RNG heavy in second phase - will it move, or do we have to CC and dodge fears? Does it make long dash or short? Does it bug out for 6th time today, because DPS timing was weird for boss? Hell, even fixing bugs would be better than nothing, i have lost count on how many times during shade CC phase Ai just dashes around like it wasnt phasing, or infinite laser disco during phase into shade phase. Or just straight up doing nothing standing in the middle (that one i like, at least its not as annoying).

• Confused 2