Oh Gods! "Blade Runner" Kaineng City is real :(

11 minutes ago, Tyncale.1629 said:

I have just seen Rafe Judkins butcher my favorite Fantasy bookseries The Wheel of Time with the Amazon TV adaptation so I can not be phased anymore by Kaineng all of a sudden looking like Bladerunner.  I am ok with it.  We will have to roll with the punches. 

LOL you have reached the stage of acceptance.

On a more serious note, I do find myself saying "I've made my peace with X" much more often about GW2 these days, rather than actually being happy about stuff. Which is fine for me, of course - I just wonder how many other people share this kind of patience with the game.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love it (and I hate Blade Runner beyond its visuals). I think this is exactly where GW2 should be going. It’s never been classic fantasy and the magi tech tropes have been increasing in prominence f

I don't think most players who have been playing GW2 since launch started this game so they would be playing in a cyberpunk universe. I hate this direction. I feel 100% alienated by it, and I'm s

Latest Artwork for New Kaineng City Don't get me wrong, the original "Blade Runner" is one of my all-time favorite movies. But - and sorry to repeat myself - I don't want GW2 to be turned into a

3 hours ago, Tyncale.1629 said:

I have just seen Rafe Judkins butcher my favorite Fantasy bookseries The Wheel of Time with the Amazon TV adaptation so I can not be phased anymore by Kaineng all of a sudden looking like Bladerunner.  I am ok with it.  We will have to roll with the punches. 

I for one like that it is different from the books since if I wanted the books Id just read/listen to them again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
31 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I for one like that it is different from the books since if I wanted the books Id just read/listen to them again.

This makes me curious. I only got partway through the series. The books just kept getting bigger and bigger, and it felt like each chapter was just a revisit of another character stewing in their angst and not moving the story forward, kinda like soap operas do.

Maybe I'd find the series to be everything I initially liked without the stuff that made me abandon the books.

Edited by Gibson.4036
On 1/5/2022 at 11:32 PM, Naxos.2503 said:

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want... A fully urban map. With urban warfare, or urban conflicts at least. It's one of those environemental designs we haven't seen much of beside Amnoon, and that was very tame. I want to see dark alleys with cuthroats. I want to see gang warfare. I want to see factions forced to mingle together despite hating eachother, and sometime failing to maintain civility. 

You and me both, my friend.  Ironically, that would probably do a lot to bring at least the tone of the quests in line with the feel of GW1, for what that might be worth. 

Edited by Lyssia.4637
  • Like 3
24 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

You and me both, my friend.  Ironically, that would probably do a lot to bring at least the tone of the quests in line with the feel of GW1, for what that might be worth. 

I third this idea. GW2 cities have always failed to have a truly "bad part of town," and having a seedy underbelly to a highly urban environment would be cool. Incidentally, that kind of environment and simmering tension is sort of ageless - it works in high fantasy, current day, and cyberpunk environments as well.

• Like 5