Does this game still run poorly.

Just checking in to see if it still struggles or did they upgrade the game's engine to perform better. Last I played was after the dx11 addition so that's not what I'm asking about. I've been playing other games just fine so I know it's GW2 that has issues. I have already in the past done all the things that videos like this talk about. They all say the same things.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jin.8501 said:

Well now, that is a faceless lie if any. Thx, made my morning and probably the day as well 

Well if you're coming in to GW2 today with something like a new 12700K/RTX3090 it is a rather different experience than if you did it with at launch with an aging 750/GTX280, I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't this like the trick question, "do you still beat your partner?"
GW2 has never run poorly for me either and my computer is over seven years old. I'm discounting the period where Sandswept Isles/Thunderhead Peaks had lag issues, as that seems to be a specific issue, long since resolved.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

It also depends on what you consider to be running poorly. I was going to say the game runs fine for me, then just out of curiosity I checked my FPS and apparently I was getting 28, which I know some people would consider to be unplayable (I honestly didn't notice). Weirdly if I turn the camera slightly it jumps up to 65. I'm in DR so I guess it's something to do with the amount of snow (and possibly the amount of players) on screen.

For me the games performance has varied massively over the years, but that's because of my computer. I've had two occasions when the graphics card died and I had to resort to using the CPU's onboard graphics (at least one of which I had to turn everything down to minimum to run it at all), then replacement graphics cards, at least two upgrades (to the point where I'm not sure it really counts as the same computer) and weirdly also times when just cleaning the dust out the fans has made the game run better.

There's been two occasions I remember when there were problems not related to my PC. One was in about 2014 and turned out to be BT throttling one of the ports used by the game (meaning it affected many but not all players in the UK, but no one else) and one when PoF maps were having issues for everyone, but that got fixed a while ago.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Jin.8501 said:

Well now, that is a faceless lie if any. Thx, made my morning and probably the day as well 

You would know that I'm lying because you're always there, looking at my screen each and every time I play GW2 and know that it runs poorly?

Glad to know I made your day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Since November 14th? Pretty sure nothing has changed. But you could log in and figure it out pretty fast I am sure. 

I could, but I get anxious at all the downloading I have done this month. I downloaded battlefront 2 which was really big. I have mental health issues and don't know why downloading so much makes me worry. I still have 289gb free space on my harddrive, but I for some reason get anxious when it gets below 400gb. I am not sure why I start to feel so badly about such things.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1