Please give us the option to "lock" Eternity's appearance

Akawir.6127

The title pretty much says it all. It would be so awesome, if we were able to "lock" the appearance of Eternity to either "day mode" or "night mode"!

I know that the swapping of the greatswords appearance depending on the time of day is a core feature of this legendary, but it never hurts to give the players more options to create great looking fashion designs does it not? The people who want their Eternity to continue to swap betwenn day and night could just leave it so and all others could pick the appearance they want to stay.
Why do I want this for the community? Well, e.g. right now I have a (in my opinion) rahter cool looking archangel look on one of my characters. It loosely represents the character Auriel from Diablo.

https://i.imgur.com/f4wPGAn.jpg

As you can see on the picture, the whole theme is heavily inspired by "light" and bright colours. Eternity fits perfectly into this but ONLY in its "day appearance". It is just annoying that when the server time shifts to night, my greatsword switches to the not at all fitting Twilight look.
To solve this I COULD switch to my Sunrise, but a) this is annoying to do and more importantly b.) Sunrise does not have all of the same awesome effects that Eternity has (such as the better footfalls and the gemstone on the pommel)

Arenanet really did the community a great service with adding the option to toggle Aurora, Vision etc. Now it would be awesome to add such a toggle for day mode and night mode to Eternity!
Please add this Arenanet!

Edited by Akawir.6127
  • Like 2
  • Confused 8

2 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I'm not that well-versed in it, as I actually don't find this Legendary all that appealing, but .... don't you unlock both skins when you crafted this? Or do you only get the eternity skin in the end?

Correct. If you add Eternity to your wardrobe / armory, you automatically get the appearances for the other two weapons.

So yea, OPs solution is to just transmog your weapon to either Twilight or Sunrise. If you have Eternity it would be assumed you also have a legendary great sword, so the appearance change is free anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

Correct. If you add Eternity to your wardrobe / armory, you automatically get the appearances for the other two weapons.

So yea, OPs solution is to just transmog your weapon to either Twilight or Sunrise. If you have Eternity it would be assumed you also have a legendary great sword, so the appearance change is free anyway.

There is a slight difference. The Eternity version of the two weapons have a glowing pommel but adding a toggle is a stupid solution anyway. It would be simpler to just add two additional skins to the wardrobe than writing code to support a single item.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Akawir.6127 said:

The title pretty much says it all. It would be so awesome, if we were able to "lock" the appearance of Eternity to either "day mode" or "night mode"!

Woot?! But that's what the skins of the two swords that Eternity was made of are for. :classic_huh: They even have the prettier footfalls as well.

So use those skins instead of Eternity's. After all, legendary equipment no longer consumes any transmutation charges.

13 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

There is a slight difference. The Eternity version of the two weapons have a glowing pommel [...]

Okay, that is true. The pommel looks gorgeous.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2