Are Warrior Mains Masochistic?

I'm going to be explicit here and use a reference from some mediocre and over-saturated anime called 'Dragonball'. Playing warrior at times feels like Piccolo with weighted clothing plus little Gohan chewing on his leg. I have years of experience so I don't mind it as much, but I can empathize with newer players struggling and switching to rev, or engi, for example.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...

I'm bumping this thread because I played core warrior, SB and B exclusively for one week last year before the final release of Bladesworn. 

Warriors class sucked donkey peen for the longest time and to those who complain about the EoD build, pls get gud. Before Bladesworn, warriors had crap sustain, crap damage, easy to avoid combo set-ups with long CDs, no damage on CC that rendered hammer useless, harder to land attacks. It sucked and when I played it for a week, I just trolled and stalled far by kiting which is weird AF for a class that's supposed to lead and do damage. 

This is in response to the Bladesworn threads that want it nerfed. Let the warriors (and me) have some fun. Warrior mains that stuck with their class thru thick and thin are some of the best and most reliable players in PvP. 

Edited by greedywholesome.9081
  • Like 1

It's a bad class by not being as busted or unavoidable as almost every other class. Boons? Not many. Passive conditions and aoe? Nah. Multihit attacks that last more than one dodge? A few but nothing meta. (See Rapid Fire, Unrelenting, Primordial, ect.) See the thing is warrior is bad because of its basic design. Unless the design is changed or it gets big buffs it will always be bad. But if it gets buffs it becomes overwhelming very quickly. Now let's talk BS.

BS is being carried by it's bad design. It's not limited by the things that make every warrior spec fair to fight provided you understand their abilities. First BS isn't shackled to discipline to properly function. Dragon Trigger has almost no counterplay options outside of protection/weakness/a lucky dodge by having access to stability, aegis, stun, unblockable, unblindable, mobile, burst damage. BS isn't punished for holding onto dragon trigger past their initial flow expenditure. Because it isnt shackled to discipline it takes two sustain lines that were balanced around discipline except both of these also function as damage lines for the same reason. Outside of all of that the primary source of damage for BS after Dragon Trigger is fast ranged attacks which cures warrior of it's melee only syndrome. It completely deviates from what makes warrior an underperformer and it's going to get the whole class nerfed even further mark my words. 

Edited by Tycura.1982

10 hours ago, Tycura.1982 said:

It's a bad class by not being as busted or unavoidable as almost every other class. Boons? Not many. Passive conditions and aoe? Nah. Multihit attacks that last more than one dodge? A few but nothing meta. (See Rapid Fire, Unrelenting, Primordial, ect.) See the thing is warrior is bad because of its basic design. Unless the design is changed or it gets big buffs it will always be bad. But if it gets buffs it becomes overwhelming very quickly. Now let's talk BS.

BS is being carried by it's bad design. It's not limited by the things that make every warrior spec fair to fight provided you understand their abilities. First BS isn't shackled to discipline to properly function. Dragon Trigger has almost no counterplay options outside of protection/weakness/a lucky dodge by having access to stability, aegis, stun, unblockable, unblindable, mobile, burst damage. BS isn't punished for holding onto dragon trigger past their initial flow expenditure. Because it isnt shackled to discipline it takes two sustain lines that were balanced around discipline except both of these also function as damage lines for the same reason. Outside of all of that the primary source of damage for BS after Dragon Trigger is fast ranged attacks which cures warrior of it's melee only syndrome. It completely deviates from what makes warrior an underperformer and it's going to get the whole class nerfed even further mark my words. 

Yeah it's pretty dumb how the whole ammo system plays in this as well. Anet makes an explosion spec for warrior and chooses not to promote that synergy, instead making it an ammo spam spec with tactical reload for quick buffs...hmmm doesn't sound very solid to me.

Also they hope that they can fix warrior's issues by not redoing our lines like defense and frontload BsW with tactics healing for sustain and load all the possible offensive utility in unyielding dragon to make those pesky warrior mains shut up!

On 12/20/2021 at 3:16 PM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

In my very humble opinion, as one who plays power mesmer, holo, weaver (maurader, avatar, condi), power rev.... you seriously need to be crazy or masochistic to play such a castrated class. 

Tried playing spell breaker and my biggest contribution is to "bait" a couple opponents on a side node. Unlike weaver where I can actually kill things, my goal is to simply annoy and waste opponents' effort. 

It does OK vs ranger and necro I guess but this class, ugh, needs a buff...and it's not even my main. I played it coz I know it's one of hardest to play. If you say otherwise, you're lying. 

You played it because it's one of the hardest to play? There is a difference, it's not meta because can be outplayed very easily. If you face a good thief you won't be able to cast a single heal, if you get caught by a good rev he can drop you to 20% in a matter of a second. 

The class is super easy to play, if not the easiest of all game, it's just not effective in the meta due to the high telegraph, mediocre damage after the CC damage skills nerfs.

People forgot after PoF launch spellbreakers able to 1vs3 on sidenodes landing 10k full counters followed by 10k arc slices, but that was normal right?

I know it's been years that war fell out of meta, but right now with bladesworn you have a prettu solid viable build, same with untamed, it's not meta or broken, but you can do good if you invest time in learning it, definitely viable, I did reach plat with my untamed account and also on a bladesworn.

We will see tomorrow if they will nerf shout healing that everyone is crying about.

For now just enjoy it.

• Confused 2