Engi Weapon Wishlist

Lynx.9058

We're in dire need of additional weapon options at this point.  Rifle is our only power weapon, and half the attacks aren't even damage oriented.  Pistols are really for condition builds only, but offhand pistol has 1 attack that does no damage at all, and one that is short range and can't hit targets slightly above or below your level of elevation.  Shield is purely defensive, and there are no other mainhand or offhand options available outside of elite specs.

I'd like to suggest the following:

Axes: Mainhand and Offhand

Axes are a tool as much as a weapon, and as such are about the only actual weapon I think would fit the engineer theme.  These should be added as a power damage melee/semi-ranged option:

Axe 1: Chain melee attack, inflicts vulnerability

Axe 2: Spinning attack, inflicts vulnerability on all nearby targets.  Whirl Finisher.

Axe 3: Thrown attack, 900 range, hitting a target with this attack activates a follow-up:
Axe 3 Follow-up: after hitting a target with axe 3, pressing the button again pulls the target to you and applies cripple.

Axe 4: Throws your axe into the ground at your feet to act like a lightning rod, creating a lightning field and damaging nearby enemies.

Axe 5: Your axe  magnetically levitates and spins around you, damaging nearby enemies and blocking projectiles.

Torch: Offhand

An alternative to pistol offhand for condition builds.

Torch 4: Your torch becomes a thermal lance, dealing piercing damage to enemies in a line and applying burning to all targets hit (300 range)

Torch 5: You spin and set the ground around you on fire, creating a fire field that applies stacking burning to foes that remain inside it.

• Like 2

Tool kit axed. Mace added to core. Tool kit already is literally mace + shield, basically.

They designed themselves in a corner on release, when they gave engie 5 utilities per type, instead of 4, and then added 4 with each new e-spec. Some utilities never should have been skills; and a skill type is obviously missing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dracomet.3648 said:

Crossbow.

no not a short/long bow

a crossbow.

Do you think we ever get a new weapon type? I dont think so.

Your dream of a crossbow even got killed when they added Ebonhawke_Crossbow_Pistol_Skin tbh.

Sorry but stop dreaming.

(Not saying it wouldnt be nice)

Edited by SeTect.5918

1 hour ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Do you think we ever get a new weapon type? I dont think so.

Your dream of a crossbow even got killed when they added Ebonhawke_Crossbow_Pistol_Skin tbh.

Sorry but stop dreaming.

(Not saying it wouldnt be nice)

I mean... they could always add a special class-specific weapon like the gunblade from bladesworn... though a crossbow might be a bit... unimpressive for an elite spec weapon.

9 hours ago, Adrianna.3092 said:

I mean... they could always add a special class-specific weapon like the gunblade from bladesworn... though a crossbow might be a bit... unimpressive for an elite spec weapon.

Yea tho he said: "no not a short/long bow. A crossbow"

So i think s/he meant a new weapon instead of a "kit" but i could be wrong.

I know the main issue we have is limited offhands (the whole two options we have), but I've been thinking lately that mainhand use of offhand weapons could be a cool feature for engineer and maybe even some other classes with limited options.

Mainhand torch, mainhand warhorn, mainhand focus?