Wrong Order unlocked

I have been playing through the game with a friend and at the end of Chapter 3 I chose the Order of Whispers and he chose the Vigil. When we had our meetings with Destiny's Edge at Lion's Arch we did the conversation through his character and at the end of it I selected to class as having completed the quest. However, on coming out of the conversation I received the next step of the main quest telling me to go see General Soulkeeper as a member of the Vigil. So it seems that I have inherited his Order choice as well? Is there anything that can be done about this?

You will do several missions with several of the orders. After that you get a message where you can make a definitive choice for one of the orders. I think the warning text is in red.

So, if you did not make a final choice yet, just continue the trials with the orders and you will get to make a final choice soon. If you chose the wrong order in the final choice, there is no option to undo this. Except for making a new character and trying again from the beginning.

• Thanks 1

Don't worry, in the long run you will make more than one char, and you will want to join any of the orders anyway as they give you different story side-arms.

In fact, to play the story together with your friend you both need to be the same order, otherwise you would get different stories for while (30 lvl, if I remember right).

The Personal story has a lot of side-arms: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_story

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 1

We brought this up with a dev, and they said it can't be fixed, as its an intentional design decision.

When playing with a friend if you join them for the mission where they chose their Order, it also becomes your Order for a whole story chapter, after which you'll return to the Order you chose. The dev said without this, the storylines wouldn't progress properly anymore when the stories eventually merge (e.g for Orr).

There's no way to undo this, you just have to live with it.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 1