Erro 80808

4 hours ago, Peacekid.1463 said:

same thing on mine cant purchased too so sad seems this geforce is big issue

What does the graphics card and its driver have to do with anything? :classic_huh:

On 12/23/2021 at 3:08 AM, Bronkes.1865 said:

Good night. Since the last update you had in the store, I'm not able to make my purchase, it's giving an error 80808.

Contact support. I used to have the same issue a couple of weeks ago, they solved it.

Error 80808: "Your purchase attempt was prevented due to our general security checks and purchase limits. Please contact Support for assistance."

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:37 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

What does the graphics card and its driver have to do with anything? :classic_huh:

Contact support. I used to have the same issue a couple of weeks ago, they solved it.

Error 80808: "Your purchase attempt was prevented due to our general security checks and purchase limits. Please contact Support for assistance."

I contacted support and they have been no help other than telling me to buy at a retailer which isn’t an option saying it was blocked due to seeing it as a high risk transaction yet a long time has passed and it’s still blocking me and they refuse to do anything about it

• 3 weeks later...
On 27.12.2021 at 09:49, Mageraah.8572 said:

Я связался со службой поддержки, и они не помогли мне, кроме того, что сказали мне купить у розничного продавца, который не является вариантом, сказав, что он был заблокирован из-за того, что рассматривал его как транзакцию с высоким риском, но прошло много времени, и он все еще блокирует меня, и они отказываться что-либо делать с этим

All the same. Support gives the same answer. Sounds crazy, how can my payment be insecure? (Master Card)

Try buying gem cards at one of the authorized resellers and then redeeming the gem code in-game.

Here are a list of authorized resellers in Europe. The sale is over, but many still offer gem cards at the regular price. These are digital gem codes, you usually get them withing an hour.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-20-off-guild-wars-2-gem-cards-in-europe/

I recently came back to the game after a 3-year hiatus, and i'm dealing with the same error 80808 other people seem to be running into.

Customer service also told me to either "attempt your purchase at a later date" or try an online retailer instead. Problem is: i'm trying to buy the Ultimate edition for the (effectively) half-off gems, but none of their retailers offer the Ultimate edition.

If an error this common is driving people to consider alternative purchasing methods, they could at least offer the same products/editions across all of their retailers.

This error has been a permanent feature for my account since the migration of their payment processing systems (about 2 months by now).  Every time I submit a ticket, I get a word-for-word automated response saying:

"It looks like your purchase attempts were caught in our general security checks and purchase limits. I was able to override these purchase restrictions so please try making your purchase(s) once again. If you continue to experience any issues when making a purchase now or in the future, please let us know."

I'm assuming there's a time limit on these fixes, because if any more than a few hours passes the error returns and a new ticket must be submitted.  I feel like I'm essentially asking support for permission to spend money with their own company, and frankly I'm over it.

• Like 1

At least you get to have your blockage overridden - support straight-up doesn't offer that as an option to me, or apparently to a lot of other players here.🤪

Has there ever been an official word/update on this issue...?

Never woulda though an issue as rudimentary as this would exist in 2022...Yet again reminding the player base that GW2 is still, in many ways, stuck in 2012.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue. I cant buy an addon and probably will miss prepurchase bonuses. I cant rly blame anyone, except the dumbness of situation itself. And im kinda furious about the discomfort that i expirience by trying to buy an addon for one of my favorite game.

Edited by enginerus.8754

55 minutes ago, enginerus.8754 said:

I have the same issue. I cant buy an addon and probably will miss prepurchase bonuses. I cant rly blame anyone, except the dumbness of situation itself. And im kinda furious about the discomfort that i expirience by trying to buy an addon for one of my favorite game.

Have you tried purchasing from an Authorized Retailer?  https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#UnitedStates-physical

(Choose the country in the drop-down menu.)

• Confused 1

On 1/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, Scherzo Tarantula.2093 said:

This error has been a permanent feature for my account since the migration of their payment processing systems (about 2 months by now).  Every time I submit a ticket, I get a word-for-word automated response saying:

"It looks like your purchase attempts were caught in our general security checks and purchase limits. I was able to override these purchase restrictions so please try making your purchase(s) once again. If you continue to experience any issues when making a purchase now or in the future, please let us know."

I'm assuming there's a time limit on these fixes, because if any more than a few hours passes the error returns and a new ticket must be submitted.  I feel like I'm essentially asking support for permission to spend money with their own company, and frankly I'm over it.

Same...   zero support and trying to submit a ticket it just loops ..  

Been playing since 2012. Bought the first 2 expansions 2 years ago with no issues. Last bought gems many months ago with no issues.

Now when I tried to purchase EOD, I get this 80808 error.

If there are no solutions to this I guess I just have to abandon this game. Such a pity as I really like this game.

When I was getting this error, I tested multiple browsers, disabled addons, adblockers and my pi-hole. Tried in game too, so I knew it was something else. What you have to do is contact support because it is something on the lines of, "your purchase attempts were caught in our general security checks and purchase limits" - or at least in my case it was, so if it was the same case for anyone else, the customer support person should be able to get it settled once they get in contact with you. I hope you people are able to get it sorted as I did.

Yes I contacted support before I even answered in this thread, no response yet.

It would've been great if they notified me when putting be on some kidn of block list...I mean I've been playing GW since 2005 and GW2 since 2012...my account was never hacked and has more than  10k hours on it...so it seems kind of fishy they would rate it as 'suspicious'^^

I was having problems buying the expansion for my daughter and was getting the error code 80808. I was able to purchase the expansion from Amazon and add the code to her account and now she is active and good to go in Cantha. Hopefully this helps some people frustrated that they cant play today.

44 minutes ago, Misskarma.8059 said:

I was having problems buying the expansion for my daughter and was getting the error code 80808. I was able to purchase the expansion from Amazon and add the code to her account and now she is active and good to go in Cantha. Hopefully this helps some people frustrated that they cant play today.

ty for that. ive read several people saying that it could work that way but i somehow wanted to give arena the full support and buy it directly from them. but honestly ... if a company is releasing a long anticipated expansion - which is probably going to be the main money income for this year - one would assume they would be able to fix this problem in no time. meanwhile im waiting for more than 12 hours for this problem to be fixed and while reading through the forum people are waiting for a solution from arena side for far longer than that.