Erro 80808

On 2/28/2022 at 3:25 PM, Keal Mindblaster.5783 said:

Yes I contacted support before I even answered in this thread, no response yet.

It would've been great if they notified me when putting be on some kidn of block list...I mean I've been playing GW since 2005 and GW2 since 2012...my account was never hacked and has more than  10k hours on it...so it seems kind of fishy they would rate it as 'suspicious'^^

Yea this is definitely a new problem for me too. I bought gems just a couple months ago without any problems, so whatever they've done recently is what's causing it.

Someone said they migrated to a different payment service- in that case, that service is losing them a lot of money. It's really poor timing for it to happen during an expac release.

I just discovered it was my VPN that was tripping their automated security. Try disabling it when you buy gems and see if that fixes it.

Kind of a questionable security 'feature', considering more and more people are using VPNs now. Makes me wonder how much money they've lost because of it.

Edited by Anubis.4619

• 1 month later...

This is getting rather annoying, when i first made my account to play the game and tried to purchase the expansion packs to get the full experience out of GW2 i got hit with the 80808 error, contacted support, got told "yeah it got caught in the general security/purchase limits thing, i'll remove that tag and you'll be able to buy what your after" and then started playing once i paid for the stuff, bought some gems for a few keys to keep me going as the Black Lion chests started appearing and that was it until today...Today i try to buy gems again to get more keys to clear a small backlog of Black Lion chests and guess what i get hit with? The 80808 error AGAIN!

I have no VPN, no AV that is active when playing GW2, a current credit card so i'm rather perplexed that my account got hit with what basically purchasing restrictions not once but TWICE for a legitimate account that since installing has seen nearly daily play time put into it...If this is a security feature of the store then it's a garbage one if it can be tripped over NOTHING.

Yeah I'm a regular gems purchaser, I have been buying them maybe once or twice a month for the last year, but the last two times (one of them being tonight) prompted me to contact support.

I've read that from now on, because of some purchase limits or security check, I may be only allowed one purchase at the time before the next 80808 error, requiring CS intervention everytime. No clue what exactly changed and why it's happening now but it is what it is.

It literally killed my will to purchase gems now knowing I may have to contact support. 

RIP impulse purchases I guess? lol

Edited by NickChabby.8907
  • Haha 1

Gonna add my voice to those already in this thread.  As a player returning after a long hiatus, telling me I'm not allowed to give ANet my money isn't exactly the most conducive way to get me to buy new content/cosmetics.  Especially when I come to the forums and find out that even regular purchasers are running into this error.

I haven't a clue what's causing this on the back-end, but for a game that's pretty much funded by store purchases, this is something that should be a high priority fix.  Submitting a ticket for every purchase should NOT be the go-to solution.

• Haha 1

I'm not getting this error specifically, but I did get the "We are currently reviewing this purchase attempt" email, which I know is not directly due to Anet...but come on. This is ridiculous. They survive on Gem purchases, so they pick a transaction processing company that puts a bizarre wall up and delays the purchase? 

That's ridiculous.

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...

Bumping the old thread, since I have same issue.

The problem is that I can't even login in support page. Whenever I click "login" I just get redirected to main support page.

So there is no way for me to contact support team and ask them to lift purchase restrictions with this annoying error 80808.

Guess I won't be purchasing any gems during this March sale or at all.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, RohanKZ.8137 said:

Bumping the old thread, since I have same issue.

The problem is that I can't even login in support page. Whenever I click "login" I just get redirected to main support page.

So there is no way for me to contact support team and ask them to lift purchase restrictions with this annoying error 80808.

Guess I won't be purchasing any gems during this March sale or at all.

From the front page of the Knowledge Base:  Trouble logging in?

Refers you to send an email to 'support@arena.net'.