Most Satisfying Kill

choovanski.5462

what's the most satisfying class/build to kill, and how?

what fills you with joy, and laughter to see their bodies hit the floor?

for me, it's always going to be a p/p thief killed by reflecting their unloads back at them. bonus points if it's not the first time you kill them with reflects that match. if they send trash talk, it's basically my birthday.

hbu?

Every kill is satisfying to me. I am really bad and inexperienced at PvP. I only tried it a handful of times. So everytime I manage to kill someone else I am surprised and happy :D (it's definitely not skill...I am too panicked while playing against others players. It makes me nervous) xD I need to calm down and learn how to play PvP :P

But one time two people chased me and I was able to kill one of them and the other one ran away. THAT was really satisfying for a PvP newbie like me :D (I guess they were new too hahaha)

edit: Oh, and one time the game said "Myrdreth is on a rampage!" and I was so happy about it and felt like a total badass xD (of course I got killed very quickly afterwards, but pssst! Don't tell anyone!)

Whatever class and build is being worn by the person who whispers me how bad I am right after I've killed them 1v1, then comes right back at me to die a second time. I mean, they're not necessarily wrong, seeing as I'm a mediocre PvPer on my best days, but I'm also kind of thinking "Maybe you should aspire to bad?" when I drop them the second time.

@"Myrdreth.6829" with enough practice you can get some great streaks. i'm very strong on warrior, engineer & guardians pretty trash on everything else.here's a vod of me playing warrior pre nerfs. goes to show that you can play pretty awfully mechanically & still get a good kd. like, i am just whiffing constantly, it's like i've been lobotomised. very unusual gameplay from me. i think i might be drunk lol.

normally i find three things are important:

1 basic class knowledge. you want to know the common meta battle & fotm builds. have an idea of what other classes will try to do, & what skills they use. ideally you should read builds, practice 1v1s with voice chat feedback, & play regular games. should take about a week to get the basics down.2 sick move. you should know how to do at least one totally sick move that dominates the opponent (only exceptions are full support builds). this should ideally 100-0 them if you can pull it all off. normally its a cc > damage sort of thing, but some classes like ranger pre-buff so it can get complex. ideally you want to have other cool combos that your opponent does not want to eat. this is to you know, kil, them- but also force them to burn cooldowns. like, ill open w bullscharge to draw out stunbreaks & condi clear, then headbutt into hammer cc, into mace berserker f1 s-am. this combo has a ton of lockdown & generates 40 stacks of confusion plus a ton of other condis & damage. you will not survive it. you should ideally have a similar unsurvivable combo you are allway trying to pull off. because the enemy will slip up & die.3 effective cooldown use. have a way to avoid death. defensive utilities are on the whole much better than offensive ones. practice cooldown management so you die less. this takes ages, but it's very rewarding.

@ choovanski.5462Thanks for the tips :) I think I have tip number 3 almost down. And I know my own class relatively well(I think...at least in PvE sob). But knowing and understanding the OTHER classes is my biggest problem at the moment. I am always surprised when they do something and I am like "What did he/she do NOW?! Whut? What was THAT?"

I have great respect for PVP players. It's awesome to see someone play who has skill and knows what to do(some videos on youtube seem insane to me. So much skill, phew!) :) They not only know their own class very well but they can anticipate what the other player is doing as well. It still boggles my mind.

Archived