40 slot legendary bag!!!

I 'd endure another gift of craftsmanship if the bag had the feature of choosing slot by slot the type of bag that each specific slot can correspond to (including choosing for specific lots to be shared ones!) - that could potentially be pretty good for micromanaging your inventory for long farming runs, TP, Mystic Toilet runs, tagging on EBG, etc. That'd mean you are in possession of 40 slots of arbitrary bag type for all characters the moment you make the character - it's a pretty big QoL I'd say.

Couple thoughts on this. In keeping with the ascended/legendary relationship everywhere else, I would expect no larger than 32 slots if ANET were to actually adopt this idea. 

Secondly, the idea as presented remains distinct and unique from shared inventory slots, which is good because it won't cut into existing utility/QoL product sales.

Finally, like with how the legendary armory sets up to encourage purchasing equipment templates, legendary bags that would be usable by all characters might encourage more people to unlock additional bag slots if they knew there would be an immediate 32slot bag available for them to use. 

I'm just gear junky enough that I would probably make a full set over time just because. But then I'm the same idiot that for the same lack of logical reason will end up making legendary breathers if ANET ever releases them (please!!) 🙂

• Thanks 3

I just want methods to get 32 slot bags without paying 261.9g gold each for them (according to https://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/12227).

There's no way in hell I'm spending that much money just for a 32 slot bag, let alone more, for other characters. I'm not rich you know! I think if there will never be other ways, or no more free ways of obtaining them, I'll just stick with the 20 slot halloween pails.

I would much rather support the idea of 'achievements' that give 32 slot bags as a reward, similar to the 'return to' achievements, where they don't require gold, but rather, time and effort.

Edited by Zaoda.1653

17 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

I just want methods to get 32 slot bags without paying 261.9g gold each for them (according to https://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/12227).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reinforced_Boreal_Trunk

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Special:RunQuery/Base_ingredients_query&Base_ingredients[item]=Reinforced Boreal Trunk&Base_ingredients[id]=13293&Base_ingredients[quantity]=1&_run

Here, 152 gold instead 😉 (the other 32 slot bags are closer to 230 gold afaik)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Legendarys ‘can’ kill the game (all account wide things) some weeks ago someone in the guild wanted unlimited gathering tools shared with all characters. I once bought a set for 3500 gems or something. If you buy it for 1 character or for 10 characters. 35k gems if you want it on all characters. That’s a lot of money that Anet misses when it become account wide. 

i don’t have to explain this, but account wide items is a 1 time gold sink. And this also kills your content. Now if you want something new you have to grind for it. But imagine if you can just swap to something different what you like. You have no new goal. This way you always have instantly what you want. So the game can get bored. Yes the collection and gold for legendary armor can be a long time. But 1 year for full legendary gear + trinkets for all 50+ (example) characters on that account versus 

gearing up 50 characters with ascended gear. 

but on the other side. Anet doesn’t earn money from rich players. (With much gold) Rich players want everything legendary (and yes I understand) so maybe it makes not much of a difference. Only thing is you cut in your own content. 

• Confused 1

On 1/11/2022 at 11:45 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

What happens when people fill up their 40 slot bags?

This is more about introducing a bag that functions differently as opposed to just holding more. In fact, aiming for 32 slots would probably be a better bet than 40, since legendary gear is, statwise, the same as the next tier down and so, for a bag, having the same slots as an ascended bag makes sense - it's really the flexible filter-changing and entrance into the armory that'd make it legendary.

Do we then ask Anet for 80 slot bags?  100 slot bags?  When does it end?

I suppose it ends with the reasonable need - probably whatever criteria ArenaNet took into account when they first introduced the 32-slot bags. If the average character with completely maxed bag slots is still running up against storage issues (even with something like a legendary bag in play), you might then see requests for additional purchasable bag slots per character and/or a class of bags larger than whatever the current maximum is at the time.

However, I think most people's on-hand storage needs can be sufficiently met with the amount of bag slots and 32-slot options we have, which is why the request is for a bag that works better, not bigger.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

already have maxed out bag slots with 32 slot bags. Dont care about the cost i have a principle when playing rpg / mmo ALWAYS max out inv slots and ammo pouches if applicable.

so with 32 slots already in game a legendary would need to up its game. make it unique equiped and be 50 slot.

• Confused 3