Are Elementalists supposed to be "Mages"?

greedywholesome.9081

6 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Dmg + more dmg is not 2 different things even if they are different condi dmg types. If your water skills are not out healing other classes skill that are also healing (maybe not a burst vs speed but a healing per sec) or is your water skills are not cleaning per sec more then other classes there is something wrong with the balancing. On thoughts line of thinking

No, but the quantity of CC, barrier and healing is stronger then other proffessions in a full DPS build. 

Maybe the big reason u arent getting this catagorized caster is due to opinon alike this from people trying the game.

im NGL.. when u look at elementalist and the Peaks of the proffession and even the Devs point of view (I.E Cmc who holds D/D Cele Ele as the best Specc to ever exist including all the Elites we currently have) may show why we've delved away from it.

Also on your Lore factor.

Elemental channeled magic is generally a Weaker Magic.

The Wizard, Bends Arcane Magic into the Elements, which means as the Wizards power grows so does the Magics potiental this is because the Wizard himself is Magic he Possesses Magic so it can be Practiced.

the Elementalist Channels the Four Elements. I.E he does no Possess the magic, He simply uses Magic from the grounds around him, which means the more powerful a Elementalist gets does not directly mean the magic also grows stronger. their "Growing strength" is generally Depicted through how they use it. I.E in WoW Elementalist Shamans grew to instant casting Elemental magic in areas, Overloading Elements which fired several elements at the same time.

Elementalists Strengths are depicted as Simply. the Magic isnt getting Stronger as the Elementalist grows. the Efficency at how the Elementalist is able to use it however is getting Stronger. Elementalists Ascended from orginally having to actually Cast magic through magical weapons as to enhance its combat with magic as it was able to Directly Use Magic Instantly. or Instantly summon Elemental attacks through Combat rather then Ramp up.

same in World of Warcraft

the Shamans magic is Never shown to be as strong as the Mages, everytime they roll out a kitten caster its ALWAYS a Mage and Never a Shaman. we saw the only time a "Shamans" true strength being the same moment the Elements Ripped their gift away from him.

Elemental Catagory magic. Tends to actually be Weaker. and in all games is Shown to be More a Jack of All trades that Has no huge explosion or Massive effects and tend to be more focused on Multiple schools of Magic and Abilities closer to Weather (I.E lightning.. Rain.... Earthquakes etc etc)

and also shown in Less "Generic mage" Gameplay looks.

I.E The Enhancement Shaman, Elemental Shamans being more surrounding Instant casts etc etc, Everquest 1s Shaman which ironically wields a Melee Weapon and is used more for its DoTs Debuffs and buffs the list kinda goes on even in Everquest 2. Defiler and Mystic use Spears, Doubling down on this their Elemental Catagory the Druid (Warden / Fury) Warden was a Melee Option. Fury was more ranged based but still wielded a Melee Weapon. and were both weaker then both Wizard and Warlocks.

Elementalist by lore were never set up to be the big Nukers and Large scale magic users. because they never adopted the Proper Wizard Lore and never were described to be.

as much as Anet seem clueless on things, i dont think driving Elementalist melee was one of those times.

Look at virtuoso. its a Ranged caster and it got Immediate backlash.

bladesworn got cast times, It got immediate backlash.

i think a large reason to why we saw Elementalist retracted from the staff gameplay was because how popular Cele Dagger ele got, and the backlash to Tempest Not being a Sword wielder. this games Overall sells because of its combat system. and Designing proffessions that directly do not play into that strength has time and time again driven backlash from the community. because without the combat System GW2 is inferior to multiple other options on every level.

I think u underestimate how Popular a Melee Mage is. i also think your Comparing Elementalist to the Traditional Arcane Based magic which Elementalists simply are not, Elementalists Channel the Four Elements of Nature to direct attacks. they do not bend Arcane Magic to create the Elements. which means the Power comes from around them. not through them which means the magic can only grow as strong as the enviroment around them.

in a World where Magic is being Eaten at rapid rates by Elder dragons meaning the enviroments are often Low in Magic or the Magic is being drained to a Specific point, Which would mean. by Lore it'd only make sense if the Elementalists magic was "Weakening" and they have to drive towards More Melee Focused Combat.

Elementalist, even in its caster Days were closer to a Shaman or a Druid from other games then a Mage im afraid. Elementalist has always been compared to the Shaman from a Outside perspective. there was a phase where gw2 was heavily discussed among WoW Playerbase onm forums and More.. and Elementalist was always compared directly to its Shaman and never the mage for good reason.

Elementalists share almost nothing in common with the typical Mage, they have a far Larger link to the Shaman. because in modern MMORPGS typical Mages are shown to be of a Direct school of Magic. I.E Fire mage. Ice Mage, Arcane Mage, Chloromancer (Plant based mage) whereElementalists double down is a Focus on Channeling multiple Element based magic. Closer the Shamanistic Concept.

i think "Magic" is portrayed in GW2 in likely one of the best fashions i've seen today. because its not Convuluted by this concept of "HUUUUUUUUGEEE HITS" I.E WoW. u see Khadgar litterally obliterate a Enemy with one strike which they have to scale out the PoV to see the length of. yet among actual combat Never use the same abilities. because Mages in WoW lore are depicted to be Insanely Overpowered. while the gameplay shows them to be Extremely Watered down comparitively.

GW2 does Magic in a Theme where its often Channeled and Not Casted, which means the Magic is coming from the surrounding area and Not from the Character itself, which means the Magic is Far more controlled and Less able to get out of control as it has a Direct Lore reason to why it isnt getting more Powerful.

Elementalists evolution of gameplay Lore wise can simply be explained here.

Elementalists Cannot make their magic stronger, they Channel the Elements, however they're Growing strength is the ability to become more efficent with the Elements. they've learnt past having To cast Abilities through magical weapons such as the Sceptar and Staff and can now Use elemental Magic on Demand Through combat. i.E igniting their blade Instantly upon a Attack. Instantly changing his skin to stone..

Same as Elemental Catagory magics Strengths are depicted in every game, because not every form of magics "Growth" Can just be "the numbers get bigger". otherwise different Magic wielders would all end up homogenized into the same thing and multiple types would cease meaning of existance.

to ur Direct message here though.

U pulled only Damage from that huge list. Actively deciding to Ignore its Healing, Barrier and Various types of CC appliance isnt a Strong argument. Elementalist has More CC Abilities, More Healing abilitie sand More barrier abilites then the vast Majority of Full DPS BUilds thats Factual. and this is what ur missing here.

Weaver is being played in full viper gear I>E No Healing power stat, No Self Defensesand No hybridization to take advantage of the fact Weavers have both conditional and Power damage in its 1 Weapon unlike other choices which do not.

For a Warrior to output condi damage it has to physically change the weapons its wields. and it'll lose its Power Options doing so. for the Elementalist thisis not the case. We hold onto a fullPower kit simultaniously.

Therefore its very relevant to the discussion. as a Power Weaver has MORE healing, MORE barrier MORE Evades, MORE access to Defensive boons such as Regen as For example a Power Berserker. or a Power Holosmith.  because these other proffessions have to physically Lose one side of things to gain the others. while elementalists hold onto their hybridization because of the way Elementalists Kit works.

and this is what im stating.

if Elementalist Was Equalised to other Pure DPS options. it'd make other Pure DPS Options irrelevant. Just like tempest did back in HoT. The fundamental design of Elementalist means its Either Behind the crowd or Above the crowd due to the quantity of Extra things its Kits carry because every Weapon they get ALL hold Power Damage, Conditional Damage, Protection, Regeneration, Healing, Evades ontop of Several types of CC.

When Staff Ele was a thing back in core. it Dominated over other proffessions.

When Tempest was a thing in HoT it dominated over other Proffessions.

the 2 moments you refer back to is When other Proffessions felt exactly how you do now because they were entirely outclassed. and im afraid Elementalist do not have a Entitled "Claim" to being stronger then every other proffession.

Which suprises me to why they havent tried to do a Ele Elite without Attunements. but then again i imagine the backlash would be HUUUGE given the fact Elementalists Attunements are a Large unique Selling factor in themselves. it'd also liklely make Trait lines incredibly difficult to work around as they directly tied to the attunement system.

The problems Weaver has now. its the Same problems every Pure DPS build has right now, Support Options do too much Damage and boons have too much of a  control over the meta to make space for such a Role to exist consistently. due to the fact raids require 15k DPS odd to actually clear within enrage timers while we have RR Renegades doing 36.5k DPS while having alacrity uptime and Quickness Firebrands doing Insanely high DPS While adding Quickness Stability and Aegis to their teams is why Weaver lacks a Role in PvE Content right now.

the changes Required to make the games balance morehealthy lays in that. Not in the Elementalist. we need to see Support builds DPS Loss Increased and More DPS Losses required to retain these boons uptime, We act as if weavers the only pure DPS that doesnt get used, which isnt true its ALL Of them. barely any of the Pure DPS Options in the game are actually used or are popular. Most people use these builds that bring both DPS and Utility simultaniously and they dont do as much Damage as a Weaver however they at the same time carry a higher Win Statistic due to being Safer to play, Carry Defensive Weight and offer Extra things such as boons and sustain simultaniously.. in a game that demands no where NEAR the proffessions current DPS potiental

the fact every proffession carries a Auto attack build (including Elementalist) that can clear every Raid, CM and Fractal in the game is Enough proof to this being the current problem realistically. and as a Example Ele carries a Air Auto attack build that does over 25k DPS, Herald has one that does 30k even. this are insanely higher numbers considering these fights require a team doing 15k DPS Average.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

@Daddy.8125

Good wright up.

Just keep in mind weaver is the most power creeped ele class atm. Even after EoD its still very much power creeped. At the same time its is the least "ele" of the ele classes too as the swap timing is so different that it plays like a comply different class.

I wouldn't really say weaver is the least alike ele. Weaver is the most complex you could likely make weaver without giving it even more bars realistically. 

But it's defintly a magic based fighter for sure realistically. 

And yes weaver is the most power creeped ele, like catalyst will be the next most power creeped Ele. Ele continously gets power creeped because it's prior iteration gets outclassed so quickly due to core issues. 

Weaver swap times don't make it less ele, it's just a ele which has reached a point it can dual element and quickfire several elements faster it's character progression although the power creep is a overall negative. 

That is caused because every elite. Is core+  litterally. 

Tempest weaver core and catalyst are all basically identical on a simple stand point. 

- they all use the same 4 attunements. 

- they are basically use the same traitlines. 

- they all do power, Condi, healing, protection at the same time. 

It's just which pumps the higher DPS ultimately becomes the choice tempest has a slight exception as it actually fills a roll core and weaver cannot fill. 

Support. 

But throughout HoT it was still the DPS build of choice. 

Elementalist has never strayed from core design. They just add a twist to it realistically, and while weaver imho is one of the best elites the company has ever launched. It leaves elementalist filling the same role again and again which means it never makes up for what it's weak at. 

I wouldn't say it plays like a completely different proffession I honestly didnt rly see much cycling from core to tempest to weaver. Their all the same with a different twist on the mechanic. 

Core is first, the jack of all trades, 10 second CDs on attunements. 

Tempest rewards staying in the same attunement for a longer period of time. 

Weaver rewards changing attunements more frequently and punishes you harder for not picking the correct attunement 

And that's that general bases of all 3s mechanics 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I wouldn't really say weaver is the least alike ele. Weaver is the most complex you could likely make weaver without giving it even more bars realistically. 

But it's defintly a magic based fighter for sure realistically. 

And yes weaver is the most power creeped ele, like catalyst will be the next most power creeped Ele. Ele continously gets power creeped because it's prior iteration gets outclassed so quickly due to core issues. 

Weaver swap times don't make it less ele, it's just a ele which has reached a point it can dual element and quickfire several elements faster it's character progression although the power creep is a overall negative. 

That is caused because every elite. Is core+  litterally. 

Tempest weaver core and catalyst are all basically identical on a simple stand point. 

- they all use the same 4 attunements. 

- they are basically use the same traitlines. 

- they all do power, Condi, healing, protection at the same time. 

It's just which pumps the higher DPS ultimately becomes the choice tempest has a slight exception as it actually fills a roll core and weaver cannot fill. 

Support. 

But throughout HoT it was still the DPS build of choice. 

Elementalist has never strayed from core design. They just add a twist to it realistically, and while weaver imho is one of the best elites the company has ever launched. It leaves elementalist filling the same role again and again which means it never makes up for what it's weak at. 

I wouldn't say it plays like a completely different proffession I honestly didnt rly see much cycling from core to tempest to weaver. Their all the same with a different twist on the mechanic. 

Core is first, the jack of all trades, 10 second CDs on attunements. 

Tempest rewards staying in the same attunement for a longer period of time. 

Weaver rewards changing attunements more frequently and punishes you harder for not picking the correct attunement 

And that's that general bases of all 3s mechanics 

Weaver gets too many "free" effects that kind of removes the weakness of being an ele class. The mages light of the eles. Why dose weaver get barrier on duel skills why dose weaver get +120 per atument? If you want to get down to it weaver has the most healing power and out going healing of the eles (no one runs it as support but it still has these things).

There is nothing to say weaver is not a jack of all triads there nothing to say tempest is not a jack of all trades there is nothing  to say all classes at this point are jack of all trades. Its just not a real point of balancing any more. Its just an excuse we tell our self.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Weaver gets too many "free" effects that kind of removes the weakness of being an ele class. The mages light of the eles. Why dose weaver get barrier on duel skills why dose weaver get +120 per atument? If you want to get down to it weaver has the most healing power and out going healing of the eles (no one runs it as support but it still has these things).

There is nothing to say weaver is not a jack of all triads there nothing to say tempest is not a jack of all trades there is nothing  to say all classes at this point are jack of all trades. Its just not a real point of balancing any more. Its just an excuse we tell our self.

Well tbh if you want the honest truth I'd imagine it was because. 

During Core elementalist was overpowered and used staff for alot of it so didn't need it during the build of that proffession. 

During HoT tempest was extremely bunker in spvp alone and in PvE it became the top DPS option entirely. 

And now we are in PoF so many proffessions got handed boons out the whazzoo and everything else Anet would forced to hand weaver all these effects to prevent it just being completely redundent. 

So going back and implementing these at core and reworking it would overshadow new elites and may damage sales as elementalists could effectively just not buy the expansion if core ended up meta in say WvWvW or spvp 

You have to remember this is what happens when game wide power creep happens. They end up bolting on these things to everything else to have a remote chance v what they created. 

Firebrand, scourge, reworked scrapper, renegade, even soulbeast was a major power creep to drop on the balancing team. 

If weaver didn't get these effects and it went to core, weaver would of become redundent entirely and spvp players and WvWvW players would just not pay out for it. Atleast prior the WvWvW mount . 

You have to remember because gw2 decided to be F2P with microtransactions. Any modification to the core proffessions or game is a net loss for the company. 

Hence why I still state to this day, the people who were driving for f2p options in mmorpgs killed mmorpgs. There ain't no recovery. 

Gw2 is locked into a model it can barely offer prestige. Because subscription ideas went out the window during the era gw2 was coming out. 

And gw2 had no option to try compete as sub based games barring WoW and FFXIV were falling out the sky. So here we are. In a game where everything new has to be flashier, better and cooler to continously get the money to fund the game. 

Gw2 model is a double down doom

No new level cap. 

No new gear

No verticle progression. 

No new proffessions / races

They are locked into selling elites which sell options, if those options are weak the expansion sales will be hit. Alike we are seeing with EoD many are refusing to buy which means they will likely end up power crept to get people to buy them. 

It's why I wish they did a year with no new elites and . Advanced players to level 90 because then the games secured to sell because the level difference will force sales. Even if they auto level your gear to 90 with you. 

Then they can dedicate their entire balancing time reworking what exists in the game already 

And see more things brought to core with elites having the emphasis on different mechanics / elements to deliever a new playstyle. 

Right now there's no way their teams big enough to deal with core players at the same time as new elites. 

And if they launch a new proffession instead of elites thats still a entire proffession + 3 elites so it would be too consuming also. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

No, but the quantity of CC, barrier and healing is stronger then other proffessions in a full DPS build. 

Maybe the big reason u arent getting this catagorized caster is due to opinon alike this from people trying the game.

im NGL.. when u look at elementalist and the Peaks of the proffession and even the Devs point of view (I.E Cmc who holds D/D Cele Ele as the best Specc to ever exist including all the Elites we currently have) may show why we've delved away from it.

Also on your Lore factor.

Elemental channeled magic is generally a Weaker Magic.

The Wizard, Bends Arcane Magic into the Elements, which means as the Wizards power grows so does the Magics potiental this is because the Wizard himself is Magic he Possesses Magic so it can be Practiced.

the Elementalist Channels the Four Elements. I.E he does no Possess the magic, He simply uses Magic from the grounds around him, which means the more powerful a Elementalist gets does not directly mean the magic also grows stronger. their "Growing strength" is generally Depicted through how they use it. I.E in WoW Elementalist Shamans grew to instant casting Elemental magic in areas, Overloading Elements which fired several elements at the same time.

Elementalists Strengths are depicted as Simply. the Magic isnt getting Stronger as the Elementalist grows. the Efficency at how the Elementalist is able to use it however is getting Stronger. Elementalists Ascended from orginally having to actually Cast magic through magical weapons as to enhance its combat with magic as it was able to Directly Use Magic Instantly. or Instantly summon Elemental attacks through Combat rather then Ramp up.

same in World of Warcraft

the Shamans magic is Never shown to be as strong as the Mages, everytime they roll out a kitten caster its ALWAYS a Mage and Never a Shaman. we saw the only time a "Shamans" true strength being the same moment the Elements Ripped their gift away from him.

Elemental Catagory magic. Tends to actually be Weaker. and in all games is Shown to be More a Jack of All trades that Has no huge explosion or Massive effects and tend to be more focused on Multiple schools of Magic and Abilities closer to Weather (I.E lightning.. Rain.... Earthquakes etc etc)

and also shown in Less "Generic mage" Gameplay looks.

I.E The Enhancement Shaman, Elemental Shamans being more surrounding Instant casts etc etc, Everquest 1s Shaman which ironically wields a Melee Weapon and is used more for its DoTs Debuffs and buffs the list kinda goes on even in Everquest 2. Defiler and Mystic use Spears, Doubling down on this their Elemental Catagory the Druid (Warden / Fury) Warden was a Melee Option. Fury was more ranged based but still wielded a Melee Weapon. and were both weaker then both Wizard and Warlocks.

Elementalist by lore were never set up to be the big Nukers and Large scale magic users. because they never adopted the Proper Wizard Lore and never were described to be.

as much as Anet seem clueless on things, i dont think driving Elementalist melee was one of those times.

Look at virtuoso. its a Ranged caster and it got Immediate backlash.

bladesworn got cast times, It got immediate backlash.

i think a large reason to why we saw Elementalist retracted from the staff gameplay was because how popular Cele Dagger ele got, and the backlash to Tempest Not being a Sword wielder. this games Overall sells because of its combat system. and Designing proffessions that directly do not play into that strength has time and time again driven backlash from the community. because without the combat System GW2 is inferior to multiple other options on every level.

I think u underestimate how Popular a Melee Mage is. i also think your Comparing Elementalist to the Traditional Arcane Based magic which Elementalists simply are not, Elementalists Channel the Four Elements of Nature to direct attacks. they do not bend Arcane Magic to create the Elements. which means the Power comes from around them. not through them which means the magic can only grow as strong as the enviroment around them.

in a World where Magic is being Eaten at rapid rates by Elder dragons meaning the enviroments are often Low in Magic or the Magic is being drained to a Specific point, Which would mean. by Lore it'd only make sense if the Elementalists magic was "Weakening" and they have to drive towards More Melee Focused Combat.

Elementalist, even in its caster Days were closer to a Shaman or a Druid from other games then a Mage im afraid. Elementalist has always been compared to the Shaman from a Outside perspective. there was a phase where gw2 was heavily discussed among WoW Playerbase onm forums and More.. and Elementalist was always compared directly to its Shaman and never the mage for good reason.

Elementalists share almost nothing in common with the typical Mage, they have a far Larger link to the Shaman. because in modern MMORPGS typical Mages are shown to be of a Direct school of Magic. I.E Fire mage. Ice Mage, Arcane Mage, Chloromancer (Plant based mage) whereElementalists double down is a Focus on Channeling multiple Element based magic. Closer the Shamanistic Concept.

i think "Magic" is portrayed in GW2 in likely one of the best fashions i've seen today. because its not Convuluted by this concept of "HUUUUUUUUGEEE HITS" I.E WoW. u see Khadgar litterally obliterate a Enemy with one strike which they have to scale out the PoV to see the length of. yet among actual combat Never use the same abilities. because Mages in WoW lore are depicted to be Insanely Overpowered. while the gameplay shows them to be Extremely Watered down comparitively.

GW2 does Magic in a Theme where its often Channeled and Not Casted, which means the Magic is coming from the surrounding area and Not from the Character itself, which means the Magic is Far more controlled and Less able to get out of control as it has a Direct Lore reason to why it isnt getting more Powerful.

Elementalists evolution of gameplay Lore wise can simply be explained here.

Elementalists Cannot make their magic stronger, they Channel the Elements, however they're Growing strength is the ability to become more efficent with the Elements. they've learnt past having To cast Abilities through magical weapons such as the Sceptar and Staff and can now Use elemental Magic on Demand Through combat. i.E igniting their blade Instantly upon a Attack. Instantly changing his skin to stone..

Same as Elemental Catagory magics Strengths are depicted in every game, because not every form of magics "Growth" Can just be "the numbers get bigger". otherwise different Magic wielders would all end up homogenized into the same thing and multiple types would cease meaning of existance.

to ur Direct message here though.

U pulled only Damage from that huge list. Actively deciding to Ignore its Healing, Barrier and Various types of CC appliance isnt a Strong argument. Elementalist has More CC Abilities, More Healing abilitie sand More barrier abilites then the vast Majority of Full DPS BUilds thats Factual. and this is what ur missing here.

Weaver is being played in full viper gear I>E No Healing power stat, No Self Defensesand No hybridization to take advantage of the fact Weavers have both conditional and Power damage in its 1 Weapon unlike other choices which do not.

For a Warrior to output condi damage it has to physically change the weapons its wields. and it'll lose its Power Options doing so. for the Elementalist thisis not the case. We hold onto a fullPower kit simultaniously.

Therefore its very relevant to the discussion. as a Power Weaver has MORE healing, MORE barrier MORE Evades, MORE access to Defensive boons such as Regen as For example a Power Berserker. or a Power Holosmith.  because these other proffessions have to physically Lose one side of things to gain the others. while elementalists hold onto their hybridization because of the way Elementalists Kit works.

and this is what im stating.

if Elementalist Was Equalised to other Pure DPS options. it'd make other Pure DPS Options irrelevant. Just like tempest did back in HoT. The fundamental design of Elementalist means its Either Behind the crowd or Above the crowd due to the quantity of Extra things its Kits carry because every Weapon they get ALL hold Power Damage, Conditional Damage, Protection, Regeneration, Healing, Evades ontop of Several types of CC.

When Staff Ele was a thing back in core. it Dominated over other proffessions.

When Tempest was a thing in HoT it dominated over other Proffessions.

the 2 moments you refer back to is When other Proffessions felt exactly how you do now because they were entirely outclassed. and im afraid Elementalist do not have a Entitled "Claim" to being stronger then every other proffession.

Which suprises me to why they havent tried to do a Ele Elite without Attunements. but then again i imagine the backlash would be HUUUGE given the fact Elementalists Attunements are a Large unique Selling factor in themselves. it'd also liklely make Trait lines incredibly difficult to work around as they directly tied to the attunement system.

The problems Weaver has now. its the Same problems every Pure DPS build has right now, Support Options do too much Damage and boons have too much of a  control over the meta to make space for such a Role to exist consistently. due to the fact raids require 15k DPS odd to actually clear within enrage timers while we have RR Renegades doing 36.5k DPS while having alacrity uptime and Quickness Firebrands doing Insanely high DPS While adding Quickness Stability and Aegis to their teams is why Weaver lacks a Role in PvE Content right now.

the changes Required to make the games balance morehealthy lays in that. Not in the Elementalist. we need to see Support builds DPS Loss Increased and More DPS Losses required to retain these boons uptime, We act as if weavers the only pure DPS that doesnt get used, which isnt true its ALL Of them. barely any of the Pure DPS Options in the game are actually used or are popular. Most people use these builds that bring both DPS and Utility simultaniously and they dont do as much Damage as a Weaver however they at the same time carry a higher Win Statistic due to being Safer to play, Carry Defensive Weight and offer Extra things such as boons and sustain simultaniously.. in a game that demands no where NEAR the proffessions current DPS potiental

the fact every proffession carries a Auto attack build (including Elementalist) that can clear every Raid, CM and Fractal in the game is Enough proof to this being the current problem realistically. and as a Example Ele carries a Air Auto attack build that does over 25k DPS, Herald has one that does 30k even. this are insanely higher numbers considering these fights require a team doing 15k DPS Average.

Probably the most detailed and well thought out reply I have read in a while😅

• 3 months later...
On 12/24/2021 at 5:25 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

You can play staff as DPS in WVW.
In PVE staff is balanced to be lower sustained damage than scepter which is in turn generally lower sustained DPS than dagger. As such it is generally ran as a support weapon in PVE.

lol and die. you can play staff ele as part of a big group and stay with that group only. mostly guessing where groups are and trying to aoe them. But if you wander alone or have to run back to a group, you are toast in the open field. Best eles are sword based atm. not mage like at All. Waiting on Ashes tyvm

• Like 2