Bug or game mechanic I don't understand

kiyana.4831

So a few times recently I have been in wvw claiming a camp and someone comes along and kills me and instantly claims it for themselves. For example. I am blue team, I am claiming a green camp, I am only a tick away from claiming it. Red guy swoops in and kills me. The camp is instantly claimed for red with no waiting. Does anyone know what is going on here. Is this a bug or a mechanic I do not know about. This has happened several times.

4 hours ago, kiyana.4831 said:

So a few times recently I have been in wvw claiming a camp and someone comes along and kills me and instantly claims it for themselves. For example. I am blue team, I am claiming a green camp, I am only a tick away from claiming it. Red guy swoops in and kills me. The camp is instantly claimed for red with no waiting. Does anyone know what is going on here. Is this a bug or a mechanic I do not know about. This has happened several times.

It’s a mechanic..  It’s really fun when you get to be the one who actually caps it.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, kiyana.4831 said:

It is a mechanic.
After you've killed npcs, you(blue) start to "tick" for capturing xyz(green) objective, but when Enemy(red) comes and fights on point, it becomes "contested", thus holding off your capturing process. If you die somehow to that enemy, he'll "continue" from where it stopped ticking to capture said objective(green), but it'll be toward his team(red).

It's like someone else took over your progress and continued until it was finished.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

It is a mechanic.
After you've killed npcs, you(blue) start to "tick" for capturing xyz(green) objective, but when Enemy(red) comes and fights on point, it becomes "contested", thus holding off your capturing process. If you die somehow to that enemy, he'll "continue" from where it stopped ticking to capture said objective(green), but it'll be toward his team(red).

It's like someone else took over your progress and continued until it was finished.

My favorite part is when an enemy is on the point as a Mesmer… And when they invis, or blur (or whatever that mechanic is called) and because they no longer count towards capture credit, you can cap it even while they are fighting you.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1