GW 2 Long Overdue Fixes

Cynova.1236

Anet Devs, since you're not adding anything relevant or exciting in EoD and over-charging for it, can you at least use some of the money gained from it (assuming you actually make any profit from it) and fix these longgggggg overdue and actually necessary QoL fixes:

1 - Extremely long and unnecessary aggro duration - When you kill an NPC in the PvP lobby and it's been dead for a good 15 seconds and nothing else is aggroed but you are still in the combat stance... does that make sense to you? Letting the NPC's finish themselves off is also not a trade off for this. That needs to be fixed too

2 - Ability to skip mission dialogue - You might love hearing the verbal diarrhea you write over and over but for players that need to get going and have suffered through it once, it needs to be skippable

3 - Rev utilities rarely remain in the same position when builds are swapped in PvP. Why have you done nothing for this let alone still not touch it even to this day?

4 - Transmutation Charges are the most outdated and unnecessary thing in any game ever. And when you have Quaggans in your game that is saying something. Transmutation Charges needed to go... about 6 years ago. Time to come into 2022, Anet

5 - Why the fudge is there no option to kill your character off when in the downstate? When the enemy takes its time finishing you off and you can't heal because one hit puts your downed heal in recharge it's beyond ridiculous. Why the fudge are downed skills even on such long recharges at all before you even use them? Just pointless. Log Out to Character Screen has become the go-to option to deal with the aggro and downed state nonsense and it shouldn't be

6 - Fix the Trading Post speed. It was all fine and dandy and then you fudged it up around PoF time and never bothered to fix it

There's infinitely more stuff that hasn't been touched but we all know just 10 percent of this is asking far too much of you. Instead of going on yet ANOTHER vacation, you could have used this time to actually fix some issues in the game.

You barely put anything into EoD, the least you could do is fix annoying issues such as these. At least put some worth into all that mount skin and lootbox money you took.

Edited by Cynova.1236
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 4

• Cynova.1236 changed the title to GW 2 Long Overdue Fixes

1 and 6 are the only ones I can see myself agree with you on.

It seems like you don't like the story aspect of the game and you are downed a lot. Those are you problems.

What do you propose in place of Transmutation Charges? It's a gem store item, it wouldn't be replaced with anything but another gem store item.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Cynova.1236 said:

Anet Devs, since you're not adding anything relevant or exciting in EoD and over-charging for it, can you at least use some of the money earned from it (assuming you actually make any profit from it) and fix these longgggggg overdue and actually necessary QoL fixes:

1 - Extremely long and unnecessary aggro duration - When you kill an NPC in the PvP lobby and it's been dead for a good 15 seconds and nothing else is aggroed but you are still in the combat stance... Letting the NPC's finish themselves off is not a trade off for this. That needs to be fixed too

2 - Ability to skip mission dialogue - You might love hearing the verbal diarrhea you write over and over but for players that need to get going and have suffered through it once, it needs to be skippable

3 - Rev utilities rarely remain in the same position when builds are swapped in PvP. Why have you done nothing for this let alone still not touch it even to this day?

4 - Transmutation Charges are the most outdated and unnecessary thing in any game ever. And when you have Quaggans in your game that is saying something. Transmutation Charges needed to go... about 6 years ago. Time to come into 2022, Anet

5 - Why the fudge is there no option to kill your character off when in the downstate? When the enemy takes its time finishing you off and you can't heal because one hit puts your downed heal in recharge it's beyond ridiculous. Why the fudge are downed skills even on such long recharges at all before you even use them? Just pointless. Log Out to Character Screen has become the go-to option to deal with the aggro and downed state nonsense and it shouldn't be

6 - Fix the Trading Post speed. It was all fine and dandy and then you fudged it up around PoF time and never bothered to fix it

There's infinitely more stuff that hasn't been touched but we all know just 10 percent of this is asking far too much of you. Instead of going on yet ANOTHER vacation, you could have used this time to actually fix some issues in the game.

You barely put anything into EoD, the least you could do is fix annoying issues such as these. At least put some worth into all that mount skin and lootbox money you took.

I have a slightly different view of this:

First of all, "relevant or exciting" are of course in the eye of the beholder. What's not exciting or relevant for you will undoubtedly be for other players, and vice versa. As for the rest:

1 - I haven't seen this, maybe cause I don't PvP. In open world there's a similar issue where enemies might keep you in combat even though they've disengaged. Can be quite annoying.

2 - Anet has explained that this is because stuff happens behind the scenes during cutscenes - the scripts prepare for what's coming, if you will. If you could abort the script ("skipping the cutscene"), that would/might mean that vital stuff didn't happen and that the mission itself would stall. I completely agree with the sentiment but I don't see it happening for this reason.

3 - Agree - I've resorted to keeping the skills in the default positions and that seems to work.

4 - Disagree - there's a number of ways you can come by these in abundance, and if that's not enough it's not all that expensive to buy them from the gem store.

5 - Don't care either way; it's a function I wouldn't use since I prefer to hope that there's a chance for me to rally.

6 - Peersonally I don't find the current state of the TP annoying though I suppose faster is always better...

Saying they "barely put anything into EoD" is, objectively, false. There's a lot in there - new areas, new story, fishing, 2-man mount tech, new legendaries etcetera etcetera. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

1 and 6 are the only ones I can see myself agree with you on.

It seems like you don't like the story aspect of the game and you are downed a lot. Those are you problems.

What do you propose in place of Transmutation Charges? It's a gem store item, it wouldn't be replaced with anything but another gem store item.

LOL you're not in our own thread there bud. Look where you are. There is literally no relevance in what you agree or don't agree on. These are what I want to be fixed.

What makes you think I don't like story or that I am downed a lot? First you mistake the thread for your own and now you are making silly assumptions 😆

What do I propose in place of TCs? Did you even read the thread? Those useless POS need to be GONE! That's the point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Cynova.1236 said:

LOL you're not in our own thread there bud. Look where you are. There is literally no relevance in what you agree or don't agree on. These are what I want to be fixed.

What makes you think I don't like story or that I am downed a lot? First you mistake the thread for your own and now you are making silly assumptions 😆

What do I propose in place of TCs? Did you even read the thread? Those useless POS need to be GONE! That's the point.

You express your opinions in a public forum and expect only replies that affirm those opinions? If you want  an echo chamber, you are searching at the wrong place. You started this thread but it belongs to everyone who can read it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Zohane.7208 said:

I have a slightly different view of this:

First of all, "relevant or exciting" are of course in the eye of the beholder. What's not exciting or relevant for you will undoubtedly be for other players, and vice versa. As for the rest:

1 - I haven't seen this, maybe cause I don't PvP. In open world there's a similar issue where enemies might keep you in combat even though they've disengaged. Can be quite annoying.

2 - Anet has explained that this is because stuff happens behind the scenes during cutscenes - the scripts prepare for what's coming, if you will. If you could abort the script ("skipping the cutscene"), that would/might mean that vital stuff didn't happen and that the mission itself would stall. I completely agree with the sentiment but I don't see it happening for this reason.

3 - Agree - I've resorted to keeping the skills in the default positions and that seems to work.

4 - Disagree - there's a number of ways you can come by these in abundance, and if that's not enough it's not all that expensive to buy them from the gem store.

5 - Don't care either way; it's a function I wouldn't use since I prefer to hope that there's a chance for me to rally.

6 - Peersonally I don't find the current state of the TP annoying though I suppose faster is always better...

Saying they "barely put anything into EoD" is, objectively, false. There's a lot in there - new areas, new story, fishing, 2-man mount tech, new legendaries etcetera etcetera. 

1 - If you haven't seen and felt the exact duration of aggro throughout the game you clearly haven't played it before or you pretend it doesn't exist. It does and it is wayyy too long and unnecessary.

2 - Bullsht. It's as simple as not putting in that crap in the first place. That dialogue needs to be in a cutscene you can skip. It should not be an overly long anchor point for the mechanics of the mission in order for it to proceed. Who here enjoyed that 11-min Kormir Library scene? Fudge that sh t all day. Anet will do anything for you to endure their horrendous dialogue.

3 - Shouldn't even be an issue let alone for this long. Embarrassing.

4 - Doesn't matter. It's not about how easy or difficult it is to acquire them. They need to be gone. Period.

5 - Nope. It's a waste of time and of poor design. There should be a choice.

6 - It's slow as sh t. Desperately needs to be repaired.

Incorrect. They barely put anything in EoD. Or more specifically anything un-recycled and relevant. Not worth $30. Barely worth $15. Fishing? LOL. Stop. Mount that requires 2 people to use fully? Please... New legendaries? You mean that ugly black lion set you can change to look like each elder dragon's dil doe collection? GTFOH! 😂

Edited by Cynova.1236
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm sure the Devs will come right back from their Christmas/Wintersday break and jump right on any Grinch/Grentch's kind suggestions. 

Happy Wintersday to you, as well!  🎄

Well it wouldn't be tradition without Grentch now would it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

About the downstate complaint is there a reason /gg dont work?

If this is pvp then they are keeping you down as long as possible just bleed out.

Healing dont help since thats is what they want you to do.

/gg is for dungeons and fractals bud

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

You express your opinions in a public forum and expect only replies that affirm those opinions? If you want  an echo chamber, you are searching at the wrong place. You started this thread but it belongs to everyone who can read it.

More assumptions. What makes you think I expect only agreement? According to your own logic this thread doesn't belong to you. *turns a confused MikeG around* See that? That's the virtual door. Exit through there 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Cynova.1236 said:

1 - If you haven't seen and felt the exact duration of aggro throughout the game you clearly haven't played it before or you pretend it doesn't exist. It does and it is wayyy too long and unnecessary.

2 - Bullsht. It's as simple as not putting in that crap in the first place. That dialogue needs to be in a cutscene you can skip. It should not be an overly long anchor point for the mechanics of the mission in order for it to proceed. Who here enjoyed that 11-min Kormir Library scene? Fudge that sh t all day. Anet will do anything for you to endure their horrendous dialogue.

3 - Shouldn't even be an issue let alone for this long. Embarrassing.

4 - Doesn't matter. It's not about how easy or difficult it is to acquire them. They need to be gone. Period.

5 - Nope. It's a waste of time and of poor design. There should be a choice.

6 - It's slow as sh t. Desperately needs to be repaired.

Incorrect. They barely put anything in EoD. Or more specifically anything un-recycled and relevant. Not worth $30. Barely worth $15. Fishing? LOL. Stop. Mount that requires 2 people to use fully? Please... New legendaries? You mean that ugly black lion set you can change to look like each elder dragon's dil doe collection? GTFOH! 😂

1 - You specifically said that you stay in combat 15+ seconds after the target is dead. I have never seen more than a couple of seconds after all aggroed targets are dead.

2 - BS or not, it's the people who wrote the stuff that said themselves that they'd like to change but that it would break too much.

4 - It's a matter of income for Anet, so if those were gone, I'm sure Anet would have to put some other reliable source of income on the gem store. Personally I don't mind the charges since I find them plentiful. YMMV.

6 - Matter of opinion.

And lastly: there IS a lot of stuff in EoD. Whether you like it or not is up to you. Saying there's barely anything in there is demonstrably false.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Cynova.1236 said:

1 - So you haven't played the game before. This makes sense.

2 - There is no "or not". It is BS. That's what it is. They have ZERO interest in changing that. They have every interest in doubling and tripling down on their horrendous dialogue and ensuring you have to endure it for as long as possible. That is how Anet post Core GW 2 has always been.

4 - ROFL. TCs are not Anet's leading source of income bud. Mount skins, loot boxes, and shiny things are. TCs do not keep the game afloat or NCSoft from adding this game to the graveyard where WS and CoH rest in peace.

6 - So you don't play the game and you don't use the TP. The credibility of your opinion... is lacking.

A lot of recycled, hollow, poorly-designed, and weak content in EoD. It seems you are more interested in the quantity despite its quality which is understandable for a casual or someone that hasn't played the game before. For the actual longtime players that know this game inside and out and know when it's at its best and worst, there is ZERO quality so far in EoD.

At far in excess of 20k hours, I'd say I've played the game a lot. I just have not noticed 15+ seconds of forced in-combat after mobs are dead - like I said it's more like 1-2 seconds. And I do use the TP quite a lot, maybe my toleration level for the speed of the TP is higher than yours. I only said that I personally don't find it a problem.

Regarding cutscenes, I agree with you in that they should be skippable, I just said that Anet themselves have said that it's too risky to change it since it would break stuff. That's not BS, that's fact. I'm sure that Anet has a far better insight into their own code than you or I can have, so I choose to trust them.

I have no idea how much income charges bring to Anet, and neither has anyone else outside of Anet, I'm sure. But since they stay on the gemstore despite being asked to be removed many, many times, they probably generate quite some money for them.

I do find quite a lot of the stuff in EoD intereting, yes. And thank you for calling me a casual - I take that as a compliment since I have that mindset myself 🙂

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Zohane.7208 said:

At far in excess of 20k hours, I'd say I've played the game a lot. I just have not noticed 15+ seconds of forced in-combat after mobs are dead - like I said it's more like 1-2 seconds. And I do use the TP quite a lot, maybe my toleration level for the speed of the TP is higher than yours. I only said that I personally don't find it a problem.

Regarding cutscenes, I agree with you in that they should be skippable, I just said that Anet themselves have said that it's too risky to change it since it would break stuff. That's not BS, that's fact. I'm sure that Anet has a far better insight into their own code than you or I can have, so I choose to trust them.

I have no idea how much income charges bring to Anet, and neither has anyone else outside of Anet, I'm sure. But since they stay on the gemstore despite being asked to be removed many, many times, they probably generate quite some money for them.

I do find quite a lot of the stuff in EoD intereting, yes. And thank you for calling me a casual - I take that as a compliment since I have that mindset myself 🙂

And in all that time, you glossed over everything and played as a casual, being carried and guided the whole way through. Eating what was put in front of you. Believing what you were told. And never once noticing anything of detail anywhere in the entirety of the game experience. This is why your opinion on at least these matters, have little worth.

However, casuals have their purpose as well especially in terms of filling old content. So we thank you for your service.

Had you played the game with more than a casual, careless perspective, you would know the game is already broken left and right. It was down for a week for some players just a month ago. Skipping the dialogue moments as they are in expansion content would be removing the design of those scenes. So yes, they would not work without them. That isn't an excuse not to go in and fix what should have been done right in the first place. It will break. It will be down. But it needs to be fixed. And for all content going forward it needs to never have such poor design ever again.

It's not rocket science bud. TC's are simply not leading income for Anet. Mount skins, loot boxes, and ugly skins are pushed hard for a reason. There is literally no excuse or credible defense for TCs. The fact that they are so easy to get is just more evidence that they are redundant and that system needs updating. TCs are hardly the only thing that is outdated in the game and just needs to go. They are just the most redundant of them all.

Well good on you. Be proud of what you are. Just don't expect to have credibility outside of that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Cynova.1236 said:

Anet Devs, since you're not adding anything relevant or exciting in EoD and over-charging for it, can you at least use some of the money gained from it (assuming you actually make any profit from it) and fix these longgggggg overdue and actually necessary QoL fixes:

5 hours ago, Cynova.1236 said:

Soo you first start with offend the devs. Then ask for fixes you want them to work on. Then you end with another bla bla bla about what you dislike about the devs. 

In what world do you live in that this is the go to way to get things done for you? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Soo you first start with offend the devs. Then ask for fixes you want them to work on. Then you end with another bla bla bla about what you dislike about the devs. 

In what world do you live in that this is the go to way to get things done for you? 

You must be new here. Welcome. Look at my post history. What makes you think I expect the devs to do any of this let alone take requests from my posts 😆 This is for laughs as always. The only thing I expect from Anet is to quadruple down on everything they've done so far including ignoring anything that should be fixed. Can't wait for Braham to be an Elder Dragon in EoD.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Zohane.7208 said:

Likewise.

Not quite. The credibility of a casual is far less than that of a full-time vet. So my credibility far exceeds that of a casual and is therefore not "likewise" in any extent. Yet at least we both can say we enjoy the same game, even if one of us cares more for its integrity and is more knowledgeable of its intricacies and specifics than the other.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

Just now, Cynova.1236 said:

Not quite. The credibility of a casual is far less than that of a full-time vet. So my credibility far exceeds that of a casual and is therefore not "likewise" in any extent. Yet at least we both can say we enjoy the same game, even if one of us cares more for its integrity and is more knowledgeable of its intricacies and specifics than the other.

Full-time vet? Really? Again, 20+k hours, 37k AP, 9 years of gameplay. Done everything except PvP and raids. I'll happily call myself a full-time veteran as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Cynova.1236 said:

1 - So you haven't played the game before. This makes sense.

Have you? If you've had you'd know that the "staying in-combat for long time" issue is not tied to aggro from enemies that have been killed. It's tied to clearing aggro from enemies that didn't die.

Notice: not all enemies you defeated die. And not all enemies with aggro on you are enemies you noticed.

2 - There is no "or not". It is BS. That's what it is. They have ZERO interest in changing that. They have every interest in doubling and tripling down on their horrendous dialogue and ensuring you have to endure it for as long as possible. That is how Anet post Core GW 2 has always been.

Like it has been explained, by devs to us, and by us to you, it is not about forcing dialogues on you. The devs just use those unskippable sequences as safety checks to ensure some of the script elements won't break (hint: most of the progress-blocking issues in core dungeons were tied exactly to players being able to skip some dialogues/scenes)

4 - ROFL. TCs are not Anet's leading source of income bud. Mount skins, loot boxes, and shiny things are. TCs do not keep the game afloat or NCSoft from adding this game to the graveyard where WS and CoH rest in peace.

Sure it's not a leading source of income. It's still a source of income. I don't think this game is doing well enough income wise for them to even think about letting go of some sources of income they already have. They are certainly eager to add new ones, even in most ridiculous ways (the "template system" monetization), so persuading them to agree to earn less (even if by a small amount) is not likely to succeed.

A lot of recycled, hollow, poorly-designed, and weak content in EoD. It seems you are more interested in the quantity despite its quality which is understandable for a casual or someone that hasn't played the game before. For the actual longtime players that know this game inside and out and know when it's at its best and worst, there is ZERO quality so far in EoD.

And how, pray tell, do you know what "actual longtime players" want, if they themselves cannot agree on pretty much anything?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4