Nerf Mortar and Grenade Kit.

Skoll.8650

38 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

I could simply elaborate on everything that you said piece by piece, showing you how it truly is but I won't. It's useless, believe what you want, the game is far from being watered down. It's in fact, much more interesting than it was years ago.

That you wish for Steal/Swipe to work like other ports or that Shiro getting quickness and superspeed over what it is right now was miles better really says a lot about your comprehension that it's not worth considering since you're not getting what is objectively on the table. That you think this is all about me playing Rev (For real?), as if I never played Thief or have had nothing to consider but myself, no you don't understand it at all.

If there's any redeeming value to it, look at what you are truly doing at face value before thinking that you have it worst. Go on about and scratch the dirt off the very bottom of the can from your profession like I did to truly know what it means to be useless and underpowered.

I aint wishing for anything.

I'm saying there are design and mechanical differences for a reason.

Not just arbitrary things that need to be changed for fairness...

Nothing needs to be changed.

If anything I'd look at quickness on the OP offender.4

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I aint wishing for anything.

I'm saying there are design and mechanical differences for a reason.

Not just arbitrary things that need to be changed for fairness...

Nothing needs to be changed.

If anything I'd look at quickness on the OP offender.4

Why are those "mechanical" differences so unique and the most dominant though? Why certain professions under certain skills and not all of 'em? What's the motive behind making such selective decision that doesn't benefit but those skills with any instruction that it can do so but not the others?

Aren't there enough differences from the fact that all professions have a different way to deliver skills? Everything is quite consistent in regards to teleports relative to their functionality. Line of sight is arguably common on 90% of the skills, why not everything else? It's not like you're losing on the already stronger aspects of what we had for years.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 12/28/2021 at 2:46 PM, Shao.7236 said:

Why are those "mechanical" differences so unique and the most dominant though? Why certain professions under certain skills and not all of 'em? What's the motive behind making such selective decision that doesn't benefit but those skills with any instruction that it can do so but not the others?

Aren't there enough differences from the fact that all professions have a different way to deliver skills? Everything is quite consistent in regards to teleports relative to their functionality. Line of sight is arguably common on 90% of the skills, why not everything else? It's not like you're losing on the already stronger aspects of what we had for years.

But the damage is different.

They were closer to 3k per grenade 0.5 sec activation time auto on golem(spammable).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

But the damage is different.

They were closer to 3k per grenade 0.5 sec activation time auto on golem(spammable).

prove it.  Show you spamming names against a golem and getting an average of 3k per grenade. Note there are like three thrown in a single volley, so I'll be looking for you to average 9k hits over 30 seconds. .... or go away.   

You litterally play ele... and your complaining about long range damage... imagine if grenade barrage tracked and could be used every 7 seconds or whatever....

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

prove it.  Show you spamming names against a golem and getting an average of 3k per grenade. Note there are like three thrown in a single volley, so I'll be looking for you to average 9k hits over 30 seconds. .... or go away.   

You litterally play ele... and your complaining about long range damage... imagine if grenade barrage tracked and could be used every 7 seconds or whatever....

I’m pretty sure i'm not only one mentioning abut engi nede op.

even the top player saying that, you know how big problem it is.

On 1/10/2023 at 5:40 AM, Grimjack.8130 said:

People going around saying Nades barely have been buffed damage wise seem to forget that they take Tools *and* Explosives now! Thats alot of free damage it didnt have before, certainly crossing into the "unhealthy" level! But I don't expect forum users to even remember what traitlines any builds take, even if its the one they 1 trick...

10 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

I’m pretty sure i'm not only one mentioning abut engi nede op.

even the top player saying that, you know how big problem it is.

You are the only one saying that egis can spam 3k per grenade auto's.   And Your the only one saying it because it is not true.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/25/2021 at 3:56 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

Despite core power engi being one of the weakest builds you can play in PvP at the moment, It sure gets complained about a lot. 

Took kit autos too strong. Grenades too strong. Mortar too strong. Supply Crate too strong. Explosive entrance too strong. CMC even considered nerfing Elixir Gun back when Prot holo was overperforing. 

You people do realize the core class will have to be nerfed into unplayability before Holo stops being an issue right? 

So long as any of the things I mentioned is remotely usable in PvP, Holo is going to abuse it and make it look broken because it has:

• A built in damage kit 
  • Built in Might gen
  • Built in sustain
  • High vulnerability output
  • Built in mobility
  • Built in counterplay against reflects 
  • Built in cleanse
  • Built in finishers (lets them get more value out of mortar fields)
  • Built in damage modifiers (this carries grenade barrage after the nerfs)

Scrapper isn't even overperforing with these skills at this point. Nade/Mortar Scrapper is good. It's fun to play, but It's far from the best roamer, teafighter, or 1v1er. 

And core using these skills is only good functional in teamfights, and that's only if the enemy doesn't bring a tempest or guard with reflects. The only viable weapon core can run with these skills is rifle which also gets cockblocked by reflects. 

Lets stop nerfing underpowered builds. 

We tried nerfing core the last dozen or so times, and Holo did not die. How about we nerf holo this time. Hit the actual problem directly. 

Pending a rework (which is overdue for kits anyway) Core skills should be left alone. 

The issue is elite specs just have too much given to them. They are power crept so much over core specs and core engineer (in PvE) is really the only viable spec left because of kits. This tells me two things, core specs need something that elite specs can't access. And two, kits in general are overpowered, but you also give up utility to use them. I think kits overall need a rework rather than a straight nerf.

Some suggestions could be to remove utility kits from the utility slots and place them into a weapon slot instead. Adding ammo/fuel to kits in order to limit their 'spamability', and increase their power accordingly.

I think kits should remain as tools to enhance the engineers versatility, but currently they are just a means to min-max DPS and almost entirely replace the engineers main weapon, which is just bad design imo. As they currently are, they are just near impossible to balance with engineers main weapon, and we all saw what happened to engi rifle because of an attempt at balancing.

EDIT: I didn't see this was a necro, oops.

Edited by Zombiesbum.3502
  • Confused 2