Why is everyone so nice ?

Diotima.2674

On 12/29/2021 at 5:39 AM, Borked.6824 said:

Not to be too derisive, but I get the sense that the GW2 community is akin to the pleasant neighbor pent up with so much un-surfaced rage that they're eventually going to burn down your house if you step on their lawn one too many times.

Everyone's got their triggers.  Stay off my lawn, dude! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I try to help out anyone I see in the open world. It's so nice when it comes full circle, and I believe we are the shepherds of our community. I'm really grateful anytime someone helps me out! So I think it's just that there are a lot of people who get that playing gw2. Sometimes though, someone runs over my corpse, when I was exploring a new zone and haven't unlocked the nearest waypoint yet... it stings... haha So I do my part to keep this game awesome!

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 6:42 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I didn't say that MMOs were a dying genre.  I said they were a niche genre.

1+ million players at launch of an AAA produced MMORPG equal a "niche"? :classic_huh:

Edit @ confused persons: That's how many unique players logged into New World at launch, guys (that was, of course, before most people discovered the horrendous state the game is in). I just wanted to showcase how many players are eager to try their hands on new MMORPGs -- so much for "niche".

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

1+ million players at launch of an AAA produced MMORPG equal a "niche"? :classic_huh:

Edit @ confused persons: That's how many unique players logged into New World at launch, guys (that was, of course, before most people discovered the horrendous state the game is in). I just wanted to showcase how many players are eager to try their hands on new MMORPGs -- so much for "niche".

Compared to what?  What is the scale of players who buy and play other games?

On 12/24/2021 at 6:33 PM, Altion.9576 said:

Its because Gw2 is a group focused game, theres public events, metas and map completions, you can help someone to do a quest and you will get xp or items in doing so so that creates a sense of community in the game that no other mmo has. 

Also, Welcome to the game and happy holydays!

I think you miss the most important reason for why GW2 community might be more hospitable then in other MMOs. As an example ESO PvE player have to compete to be first to unlock chests and nodes (those respawn, but it take some time), do enough damage to count for reward in loot from bosses etc, but Arena Net decided to avoid that kind of competion, so there is less tension among players in PvE as every player have their own access to chests, loot or nodes in this game which also make community less hostile and more helpful. To put it simple in other MMOs even in PvE Open World, players need or feel a pressure to compete which isn't necessary in GW2.

The only exception would be players that place interactable objects like Box O' Fun above where chests or other interactable objects have their trigger to show Interact with that item which can block or make it harder to access the correct item that player want to use. There also less player placed NPC vendors like Trade Post vendors, BL TP Vendors and so on as Arena Net changed most of those things into just spawning a Window for owner instead of placing a NPC in world which could also caused same issue like Box O' Fun. That also helps to keep people more friendly.

We also have Auction House (centralised built into game interface) in game which reduce some of potential stress as player can fast both buy and sell things even without being a member of Guild. In ESO you need to be in a Trading Guild,  which also adds into another type of community. By "need" I don't mean that you can't trade player to player, but it adds another layer of potential tenstion between player to always amke sure that you sell item for highest price and at same time to remove items from sell list (each guild have up to 30 slot for items that can be on sale at the same time).

• Confused 1