What is plaguing the meta

By class number 1 change/es to address over powered-ness

Necro- insanely tanky great on all builds. Firstly remove or change how shroud reduces damage or blood magic , but mostly nerf lich: it makes reaper a 1 button win build and makes minionmancer infallible for no reason

guardian- plenty of decent things but the 1 that makes it so workable is mostly the excessive stability access. Maybe reduce a few damage modifiers too, but stability makes support invincible and 1 shot builds survivable

Elementalist- best side node by a bit, but the most obnoxious thing is just earth shield which is almost as good as lich if you use it well. From there just some number changes will do the job

Ranger- strong overall and good side noder, but not particularly over performing compared to others. Just nerf drakes, they are 0 effort tanks with a cannon. Well see what we need from there

Revenant- basically everyone duos as 2 rev or with a rev basically 2 of them together can kill anything really. The sustain is great but plz nerf the damage

engineer- damage is still good so is crate. The main problem is they can disengage infinite times and get back to full hp so fast. The way nades and Holos work w/o much cd inbetween them makes this unbeatable. Clearly it needs a sustain and cd clean up, everything else on the class isn’t too bad.

Thief- the art of the plus 1 is plaguing pvp. Also blind up time and smokescreen are obnoxious, but I think hard nerfs might hurt diversity so maybe just a soft one here. The problem w/ thief seems to be damage front loaded into the same skills- backstab shadow shot are too much and so is cluster bomb. As it is if they didn’t kill you in 3 seconds they will just cluster bomb you on your kite spot and they will kill you 100%. Plus ones are infallible, so redistribution of damage is strongly needed.

warrior- not really over performing. Decent side node, only thing I can think of is mending is a really strong heal

mesmer- same as warrior, invuln frames are over the top and power block is good

and as usual this is the forums- feel free to leave comments etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By class number 1 change/es to address over powered-ness   Necro- insanely tanky great on all builds. Firstly remove or change how shroud reduces damage or blood magic , but mostly nerf lich

Just buff warrior already

Truth is that once you nerf reaper and/or lich, i'm probably quitting the game for good...because that's the only thing that's able to move a teamfight (and also it's the counter to core necro/scourge

Necros are a tad too tanky and perhaps it is lich.

For some reason weavers are the top side noder with no contest lb for lb, something needs to happen so other side noders are equally viable. But the action taken can not be buffs to the other side noders.

Other than that, NO to the rest of your list.

The game has seen more than enough nerfs, and everything is manageable with build changes and role changes, done by the individual player. NOthng has been buffed.

Nothing else needs to be nerfed.

No rise to new stars.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

For some reason weavers are the top side noder with no contest lb for lb, something needs to happen so other side noders are equally viable. But the action taken can not be buffs to the other side noders.

The game has seen more than enough nerfs, and everything is manageable with build changes and role changes, done by the individual player. NOthng has been buffed.

No rise to new stars.

Thanks for the feed back. The thing I’ve seen is while weaver is insanely good at 1v1ing it is kept out of the meta because dps and roaming builds hit it and it dies quickly mostly due to their lack of mobility.

because of this in competitive play ranger can be more beneficial to a competitive team becuz ranger has some extra disengage and burst hard, so even if weaver is a heavy win into ranger the mass amount of dps and roamers pushes it out of the meta.

in fact side noders seem like they are weak in this meta because this causes them to lose function. I think necro + support then roamers are the biggest problem. I would love to see weaver toned down though also everyone’s free to have their own opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Something for every class

Core ele: Earth shield

Tempest: Shocking aura share

Weaver: Mud slide/katabatic wind & passive sustain

Core Necro: Shroud damage, damage reduction, & lich

Reaper: Shroud auto attacks & chill

Scourge: Instant cast f2-f5

Core Mes: Blurred inscriptions invuln

Chrono: Idk too many clones or something

Mirage: Clone condi damage

Core engi: Grenade kit spam & flashbang

Scrapper: Perma superspeed

Holo: Crystal config: zephyr

Core ranger: Pet damage, short stunbreak cooldowns

Druid: Immobilize

Soulbeast: Immortal pet

Core Thief: Pretty much everything about shadow arts

Daredevil: Unblockable swipe

Deadeye: Silent scope

Core warrior: CC chaining

Berserker: Head Butt

Spellbreaker: Full counter

Core guard: block block block block

Dragonhunter: Test of Faith damage

Firebrand: Too many aoe skills

Core revenant: Shiro damage

Herald: Probably something about facets/shiro true nature

Renegade: Idk shortbow is too easy and boring

• Confused 4

Truth is that once you nerf reaper and/or lich, i'm probably quitting the game for good...because that's the only thing that's able to move a teamfight (and also it's the counter to core necro/scourge). If you get rid of lich you won't see less necro's, you will see more of them...and it will be a lot more tanky meta.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 6

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 wait are you rly annoyed just by warriors only reason why the class isnt death yet? xD

-Head Butt litterly the easiest to dodge cc ingame.

(Also no headbutt hit means no zerk Mode use most  of the time lel)

-Full counter is litterly the hardest nerfed e spec mechanic of All classes. 

Well.... ok I stop laughing at that.

Most annoying things in my opinion:

-Thief got ways too many blinds and unblockable things (swipe and shortbow 4)

-Necro lich Form (5k per 1 Spam is simply too mutch)

-Revs Power creep (even its f2 skill hit ya ezy for 3k damage)

-holosmith Granaten dealing insane damage( 2-5k damage per hit) and didnt get icd plus the holo itself got perma superspeed

-maybe flametrower engi since its not broken but a just press 1 Button and deal insane damage build

-ranger is insane strong in melee and get a gs 4 block skill that is like a Bader Version of warriors e-spec skill fullcounter (only Differences.... full counter is a aoe cc while gs 4 of Ranger is a Single targed knockback)

-rangers pets are dealing too mutch damage ( a npc shouldnt be able to hit ya for 8k+ damage) 

How ever aside from all this the game seems to be good balanced actually (only warrior and ele are a bit too weak since all they do is tank 1 point and hope to get a plus from a mate cause both classes doesnt deal enough damage (At least against good players no damage))

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 wait are you rly annoyed just by warriors only reason why the class isnt death yet? xD

-Head Butt litterly the easiest to dodge cc ingame.

(Also no headbutt hit means no zerk Mode use most  of the time lel)

-Full counter is litterly the hardest nerfed e spec mechanic of All classes. 

Well.... ok I stop laughing at that.

Most annoying things in my opinion:

-Thief got ways too many blinds and unblockable things (swipe and shortbow 4)

-Necro lich Form (5k per 1 Spam is simply too mutch)

-Revs Power creep (even its f2 skill hit ya ezy for 3k damage)

-holosmith Granaten dealing insane damage( 2-5k damage per hit) and didnt get icd plus the holo itself got perma superspeed

-maybe flametrower engi since its not broken but a just press 1 Button and deal insane damage build

-ranger is insane strong in melee and get a gs 4 block skill that is like a Bader Version of warriors e-spec skill fullcounter (only Differences.... full counter is a aoe cc while gs 4 of Ranger is a Single targed knockback)

-rangers pets are dealing too mutch damage ( a npc shouldnt be able to hit ya for 8k+ damage) 

How ever aside from all this the game seems to be good balanced actually (only warrior and ele are a bit too weak since all they do is tank 1 point and hope to get a plus from a mate cause both classes doesnt deal enough damage (At least against good players no damage))

well i couldnt leave warrior blank

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Necro 

Teleports - Feels like everyone has gotten super comfortable running this

Infinite cleansing - Yep, very annoying seeing like waves of condi being shrugged off so easily

Too many Unblockables that make the game feel less skill based and gives the mid fight advantage to necs

Double Spectral form - Basically double sustain form which drags the fight on too much and feels like a skill with training wheels in mind

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Truth is that once you nerf reaper and/or lich, i'm probably quitting the game for good...because that's the only thing that's able to move a teamfight (and also it's the counter to core necro/scourge). If you get rid of lich you won't see less necro's, you will see more of them...and it will be a lot more tanky meta.

Yeah if you just nerf reaper dmg and lich obviously the game will be more tanky

6 hours ago, Dantheman.3589 said:

Thanks for the feed back. The thing I’ve seen is while weaver is insanely good at 1v1ing it is kept out of the meta because dps and roaming builds hit it and it dies quickly mostly due to their lack of mobility.

because of this in competitive play ranger can be more beneficial to a competitive team becuz ranger has some extra disengage and burst hard, so even if weaver is a heavy win into ranger the mass amount of dps and roamers pushes it out of the meta.

in fact side noders seem like they are weak in this meta because this causes them to lose function. I think necro + support then roamers are the biggest problem. I would love to see weaver toned down though also everyone’s free to have their own opinion.

But nerfing roamers would cause them to lose function and side nodes to become too oppressive.

We have already been there, done that.

The duelist is the side noder, and once a +1 comes, it needs to be over.

Drag it out a few moments at best, but we can't go back to those days.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

But nerfing roamers would cause them to lose function and side nodes to become too oppressive.

We have already been there, done that.

The duelist is the side noder, and once a +1 comes, it needs to be over.

Drag it out a few moments at best, but we can't go back to those days.

I’m pretty sure duelist and side noder aren’t really the same.

engineer and revenant function as duelist rn

Side noder is a class that only really wins 1s over time and has to kite and rotate at the right time and obviously win his 1v1 well

1 minute ago, Dantheman.3589 said:

I’m pretty sure duelist and side noder aren’t really the same.

engineer and revenant function as duelist rn

Side noder is a class that only really wins 1s over time and has to kite and rotate at the right time and obviously win his 1v1 well

I think your idea of side noder is basically a off tank with kill capacity, and it just isn't balanced.

A side noder is simply a duelist with possession of the node, or neutral and waiting for his +1 if losing advantage.

It can't be a 1 v 2 killing machine, and unkillable..... that is just a big flat no.

Any side noder should be forced to leave or die after an extra comes....the hold should at max be a cd rotation and flee or die.

What could is a +1 if they can not dispatch such a thing?

Maybe holding out against 2 non dps is ok, but against a side noder and +1......

Come on, man 

That ain't right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
9 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I think your idea of side noder is basically a off tank with kill capacity, and it just isn't balanced.

A side noder is simply a duelist with possession of the node, or neutral and waiting for his +1 if losing advantage.

It can't be a 1 v 2 killing machine, and unkillable..... that is just a big flat no.

Any side noder should be forced to leave or die after an extra comes....the hold should at max be a cd rotation and flee or die.

What could is a +1 if they can not dispatch such a thing?

Maybe holding out against 2 non dps is ok, but against a side noder and +1......

Come on, man 

That ain't right.

But side noders generally don’t run they are supposed to kite.

the didactic differentiation of side node and duelist is generally that a duelist looks for kills in 1v1s and just deuces if he cannot get it. A side noder is supposed to try to kite out 1vxs using los instead of giving up the territory on the map.

that’s why I’m saying there are no side noders that are great rn and why I’m advocating for side noders to do what they are made for

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Dantheman.3589 said:

But side noders generally don’t run they are supposed to kite.

the didactic differentiation of side node and duelist is generally that a duelist looks for kills in 1v1s and just deuces if he cannot get it. A side noder is supposed to try to kite out 1vxs using los instead of giving up the territory on the map.

that’s why I’m saying there are no side noders that are great rn and why I’m advocating for side noders to do what they are made for

Well, it doesn't appear that your idea of a side noder was healthy for the game.

Holding points against multiple players and making kills sent the message that either your class (the side noder) was too strong, or that their class was to weak to kill you.

Not great rn, sounds about right.

The side noder is a high IQ playstyle, and I have witnessed myself players to this day that perform it miraculously, that had it not been streamed, you would have thought they were hacking.

Side noder is a carrying task, but it needs to be performed by someone who is worthy to carry.

Not everyone is worthy to hold Mjollnir.

Most will have to settle for a beefy duelist that gets vaped when a +1 thief comes along.

But don't worry, if it's just the thief, old rangerooski can put them to bed ezpz.

• Confused 2
4 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Well, it doesn't appear that your idea of a side noder was healthy for the game.

Holding points against multiple players and making kills sent the message that either your class (the side noder) was too strong, or that their class was to weak to kill you.

Not great rn, sounds about right.

The side noder is a high IQ playstyle, and I have witnessed myself players to this day that perform it miraculously, that had it not been streamed, you would have thought they were hacking.

Side noder is a carrying task, but it needs to be performed by someone who is worthy to carry.

Not everyone is worthy to hold Mjollnir.

Most will have to settle for a beefy duelist that gets vaped when a +1 thief comes along.

But don't worry, if it's just the thief, old rangerooski can put them to bed ezpz.

Uhh I think you misunderstand xd

im not saying side noders hold node versus multiple people. I said they kite- a skillful side noder in a 1vx situation is entirely dependent on kiting and ofc they lose the node. The best side noders in the game are either cd counting geniuses or kiting geniuses period.

no side noders in recent memory could tank 2 dps besides maybe that full tank core necro build.

• Thanks 1

Every class has an annoying thing, but in most cases the annoying things are countered by other annoying things. 

Holos and scrappers are annoying with nades but cant take much cc or condi.

Guards are annoying with blocks and DH but the specs are brittle.

Thieves are annoying with stealth but brittle and blind spam.

Mirages are annoying with staff chaos but not much damage output.

Weavers are annoying with fire but low group pressure.

Tempests are annoying with group pressure but bad damage.

Necros are annoying with raw damage soak/raw damage burst output with lich but bad cc resistance.

Warriors annoying with cc but bad group presence and sustain.

Revenants annoying with burst damage, but weak to condi. 

The only two major outliers are:

warrior being too brittle to be annoying enough to be played, and

Necro being too tanky for how annoying it can be.

Every other annoying thing can currently be played around, with some options being tentative.

Don't take anyone's toys but Necro's Lich /some of the damage reduction life force brings. Give warrior more active sustain by way of cooldown reductions on its active button presses so it can use its toys effectively without getting beat out by everyone else's. Watch mirage. chronomancer for QoL. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 I feel your "no damage" dealing mirage that could easily oneshot me by Set a condi bomb with 24 stack confusion and one Billion ccs plus blinds with a bit of brainplay lel.

you only take omegadamage from that confusion if you press a button when it's on you. if you just kite, they can't press you a whole lot.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

No rise to new stars.

Nah, Smoke Screen and several Shadow Arts traits need some hard nerfs. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1