What is plaguing the meta

Dantheman.3589

I agree on pretty much everything

I'd nerf life force generation from staff and let other things alone for now, maybe an increase cd on fear ring

too much stab is the exact problem on core guardian

would be nice if the initiative would cost +1 on heartseeker if you  don't hit a target

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1

Necro is the only profession deserving of a nerf.

Spectre is gonna shift the meta to team fights even more. You will see a lot more team fighters that can also 1v1 for temporary node protecting. You will see more boon support. Which in turn will open up some counterplay potential via boon rip. Could see sw/d deadeye and boonrip spellbreaker become meta.

Tl&dr

After the expansion I expect roles to become much less defined which will allow for some flexibility in the meta.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Necro is the only profession deserving of a nerf.

Spectre is gonna shift the meta to team fights even more. You will see a lot more team fighters that can also 1v1 for temporary node protecting. You will see more boon support. Which in turn will open up some counterplay potential via boon rip. Could see sw/d deadeye and boonrip spellbreaker become meta.

Tl&dr

After the expansion I expect roles to become much less defined which will allow for some flexibility in the meta.

I doubt it, the roles are fundamental for a reason.
At best we will have builds that can do 2 things while specializing at 1. At worst we will have new versions of holo that are the best at several things at once.

4 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I agree on pretty much everything

I'd nerf life force generation from staff and let other things alone for now, maybe an increase cd on fear ring

too much stab is the exact problem on core guardian

would be nice if the initiative would cost +1 on heartseeker if you  don't hit a target

I always wanted HS and clusters to cost 1 more ini when they dont target an enemy to reduce easy stealth vomit.
but if someone evades HS/cluster it should still refund the ini, as that would be way too big of a nerf for thief.
And even then thief is not in a need of any major nerfs if any at all

15 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Nah, Smoke Screen and several Shadow Arts traits need some hard nerfs. 

The hatred of thief is showing man.  If you do that you will end up having a free kill.

Also why nerf ele? isn-t it not doing great now in SPVP?

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

The hatred of thief is showing man.  If you do that you will end up having a free kill.

I play thief, I know what's overtuned. Shadow Arts is a carry traitline and Smoke Screen in particular is practically an invuln button to anything without resistance, ranged unblockables, or non projectile AoE, the latter not mattering anyway if you're just blinded. 

This idea that thief will be a free kill without a 7 second node claiming tool is only relevant to very bad thief players that need the crutch. The bar for entry with thief has been lowered significantly with the lower overall damage while the class still has incredible escape tools and panic buttons. It will be fine. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Pvp has only 1 problem: classes lock on rokes. 

Make any class can kill any class and any class do any role. 

Make ppl chooses stats, if u are tanky u cant have bug damage. If u have big damage u cant have big sustain. It is basic. Many builds have all and many have nothing. 

7 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

I play thief, I know what's overtuned. Shadow Arts is a carry traitline and Smoke Screen in particular is practically an invuln button to anything without resistance, ranged unblockables, or non projectile AoE, the latter not mattering anyway if you're just blinded. 

This idea that thief will be a free kill without a 7 second node claiming tool is only relevant to very bad thief players that need the crutch. The bar for entry with thief has been lowered significantly with the lower overall damage while the class still has incredible escape tools and panic buttons. It will be fine. 

Thief is a free kill even with smokescreen. If u stay on a fight against any class that isnt mesmer or warrior, u are dead (players with same skill lvl). Or u plus or u r nothing. 

Thief has 0 sustain, it is a l2p issue. U dont fight thief like fight other class. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, anjo.6143 said:

Thief is a free kill even with smokescreen. If u stay on a fight against any class that isnt mesmer or warrior, u are dead (players with same skill lvl). Or u plus or u r nothing. 

Thief has 0 sustain, it is a l2p issue. U dont fight thief like fight other class. 

If you're dying with Smoke Screen down, THAT is a l2p issue. If you're a free kill as thief, then you're the problem, not the class. You shouldn't be staying and dueling people anyway unless your build is made for it, but you don't HAVE to be with tools like Smoke Screen that turn off most offense. 

And if you're dying with Shadow Arts, then pick another class. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

I always wanted HS and clusters to cost 1 more ini when they dont target an enemy to reduce easy stealth vomit.
but if someone evades HS/cluster it should still refund the ini, as that would be way too big of a nerf for thief.
And even then thief is not in a need of any major nerfs if any at all

i'd have to check how ride the lightning works in this matter, if you actually get dodged does it go on 15 or 30 secs cd

2 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Thief uses stealth to escape because they are squishy and they only can get rid of condis from stealth. If you get rid of  stealth they got no way to get rid of condis and are forced to tank and they can't tank hits unlike nec.

I've seen others say this and agree if you get rid of stealth thieves are going to need recompense in form of more evades equivalent to mirage with evades.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

52 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Thief uses stealth to escape because they are squishy and they only can get rid of condis from stealth. If you get rid of  stealth they got no way to get rid of condis and are forced to tank and they can't tank hits unlike nec.

I've seen others say this and agree if you get rid of stealth thieves are going to need recompense in form of more evades equivalent to mirage with evades.

The amount of copium some people are taking these days is a bit alarming.
Teef have more than enough evades and I dare to say that they even have too much in specific builds and the "condi removal" aspect of teefs is debatable at best in their current iteration. 
If you would check trait lines beyond Shadow Arts, you would notice that they do have some fancy condi cleansing method via actively evading enemy attacks, but that requires some active gameplay and we all know stealth lovers aren't really fond to do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Teef have more than enough evades and I dare to say that they even have too much in specific builds and the "condi removal" aspect of teefs is debatable at best in their current iteration. 
If you would check trait lines beyond Shadow Arts, you would notice that they do have some fancy condi cleansing method via actively evading enemy attacks, but that requires some active gameplay and we all know stealth lovers aren't really fond to do that.

Nope this is untrue.
Thief doesn't have enough evades outside of stealth, you need to understand thief is so squishy you can accidentally die to random cleave not targeted at you. Please play the class and report back without using stealth lemme know how many duels you win and how many fights you get away from.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

If you're dying with Smoke Screen down, THAT is a l2p issue. If you're a free kill as thief, then you're the problem, not the class. You shouldn't be staying and dueling people anyway unless your build is made for it, but you don't HAVE to be with tools like Smoke Screen that turn off most offense. 

And if you're dying with Shadow Arts, then pick another class. 

I KILL thieves with smokescreen on their utility set, if u dont, u need to learn. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

Not sure if the comments about ele are directed at me or not. -

but, Fire weaver is definitely the biggest hard carry side node even if it takes alittle skill to play. Lightning rod, while maybe alittle less good then fire weaver is really good in its own way.

tempest works are a support or even as aura share dps.

as far as I’m aware elementalist is quiet good rn, though I wouldn’t say it’s overwhelming compared to other classes.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Nope this is untrue.
Thief doesn't have enough evades outside of stealth, you need to understand thief is so squishy you can accidentally die to random cleave not targeted at you. Please play the class and report back without using stealth lemme know how many duels you win and how many fights you get away from.

Yes, that's exactly what other classes do when they step on some random cleave not targetted at them, kitten die if they've invested into full offense.

13 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Nope this is untrue.

I see Sindrener doing fine without stealth, so its possible 🙃

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Axl.8924 said:

First off, Stealth heal is a cleanse, Signet is a cleanse, Shadowstep is a cleanse, nobody takes cleanse in stealth because they take the Deception trait, and Daredevil has a trait that cleanses on dodging an attack.

Second, I never said *Stealth* was a problem, I said Shadow Arts.

Also, ironically enough, most thief builds bully necro to no end.

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Thief can't do kitten thing without stealth. 

For plus, for rotation, for disengage, for sustain. Without dp+sa thief isnt meta. 

Do u think the best thieves on this game play dp cause they like? No thief main can handle anymore, everbody is sick, but nothing is good, but everything else doesnt perform even close to dpSA. 

I gave it up and im playing dd condi just for fun. 

Ps. : if u or anybody else have a good idea about another build, pls pm me, cause i tested so many things and only thing that works (a lil bit) is condi dd. 

11 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I see Sindrener doing fine without stealth, so its possible 🙃

I watch everysingle stream from him on conquest past 3 years and he HATE play anything else than dp SA/kitten. I watch so many times he crying with sword/dagger. 

Show some vod he playing placement or tournament (against good ppl) without Dp meta (he played only 1 match as condi pd on Mota and thats it) 

27 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Nope this is untrue.

You shouldn't be in a place to be hit by random cleave unless you +1 and screw up. Seeing as how you have a dodge that auto removes movement condi and gives swiftness, on top of literally being able to poof away at any time, you shouldn't be getting caught unless it's by a LB ranger or something like a DH, but you shouldn't challenge those builds anyway. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1