Hardstuckforever gold 3

Kasrios.7548

Duo with a partner. Less chance of an afk, thrower or wintrader on your team. And you have one person you can rely on to help you focus targets or plus fights. 

Dont queue if you get 3 or more blowout losses in a row. Theres a high chance of getting the same people again. If the blowout matches are due to match rigging, its a coinflip of whether you're on the winning or losing side. 

If you notice sketchy behavior, add the suspe ted player(s) to your FL and add a note next to their name so you can avoid matching with them. 

Now that you're set up to have (hopefully) legitimate matches, pick one or two classes and learn their ins and outs. Duel on them. Learn their matchups. Practice your combos on golems until they're second nature. 

Ranked is a bit of a fiesta right now, but hopefully this helps. Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

warn your team in capslock every match to not feed mid. 10/10 winning strategy

I find that more matches are lost from two players going far at the start. Why this happens and why it happens so often in gold tier, I don't know.

Its almost as bad as no one going home in bronze/silver tier.

One thing I've noticed lately is the game loves to put us in the exact same teams again and again (due to low population from the festival?). It maybe moves one player to the other team and that's about it.

At least randomise it somewhat, geez.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1

Yeah I find gold 3 a crap shoot.  I’ll have like 8 wins I. A row followed by a ridonculous streak of losses.  Nothing to do but not take it seriously.  Slightly better odds of random ing up if you have a partner.  Then you get stuck in plat 1 🙂

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1

This season I had such a ridiculous streak of losses I ended up silver.   I literally had to apologize to folks about the suck match making when I’d slaughter them in pairs.   It actually made me feel like a super star for a bit… but my play hit sloppy.

simeone hate whispered me to go back to play and leave him alone 🙂

point is the loss streak was unstoppable…. Nothing could touch me… I took 4 high scores a game and still loss after loss

8 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

I find that more matches are lost from two players going far at the start. Why this happens and why it happens so often in gold tier, I don't know.

Its almost as bad as no one going home in bronze/silver tier.

One thing I've noticed lately is the game loves to put us in the exact same teams again and again (due to low population from the festival?). It maybe moves one player to the other team and that's about it.

At least randomise it somewhat, geez.

it's not black and white, anyone that takes decisions like standard will do something wrong.

When your team has no teamfight potential and the other team has core guard, dh and a necro mid fights are lost, so going far is the better option.

If you don't wanna to play with the same ppl over and over you gotta wait 5 mins after match to q up again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

This season I had such a ridiculous streak of losses I ended up silver.   I literally had to apologize to folks about the suck match making when I’d slaughter them in pairs.   It actually made me feel like a super star for a bit… but my play hit sloppy.

simeone hate whispered me to go back to play and leave him alone 🙂

point is the loss streak was unstoppable…. Nothing could touch me… I took 4 high scores a game and still loss after loss

That's the whole problem with the matchmaking system calling team skill "player skill", Your individual player skill doesn't matter, if you keep ending up with bad players the game will say you're bad, and if you keep ending up with good players the game will say you're good, even if you're bad.

The whole thing is just flawed, but its only super noticeable at gold 3+, I think. This is also a big part of why bots plague these tiers because the game thinks they're good because of carries, and doesn't push them down.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

That's the whole problem with the matchmaking system calling team skill "player skill", Your individual player skill doesn't matter, if you keep ending up with bad players the game will say you're bad, and if you keep ending up with good players the game will say you're good, even if you're bad.

The whole thing is just flawed, but its only super noticeable at gold 3+, I think. This is also a big part of why bots plague these tiers because the game thinks they're good because of carries, and doesn't push them down.

Many competitive games are built on having a psychological "out" on which to blame failure.
For example, strategy card games usually include some element of randomness so that wins can be attributed to skill, and losses to luck.
GW2 and similar team games do this by having a team small enough to take personal credit for a win, but large enough to blame teammates for a loss.

I don't buy the "hard stuck" argument. Matchmaking is (unless it's being gamed) random, so in theory you end up with bots or bad players the same % of time as everyone else. It's just that the players that belong in higher tiers will carry a little harder and maybe win some games that lesser players would give up on.

Edited by coro.3176
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, coro.3176 said:

Many competitive games are built on having a psychological "out" on which to blame failure.
For example, strategy card games usually include some element of randomness so that wins can be attributed to skill, and losses to luck.
GW2 and similar team games do this by having a team small enough to take personal credit for a win, but large enough to blame teammates for a loss.

I don't buy the "hard stuck" argument. Matchmaking is (unless it's being gamed) random, so in theory you end up with bots or bad players the same % of time as everyone else. It's just that the players that belong in higher tiers will carry a little harder and maybe win some games that lesser players would give up on.

yep.
trolls and  bad players exist so by being good you are left with 4 potential trolls/bad players while enemy team has 5.
if you duoQ its 3 vs 5 in that case.
At least in theory, I played enough games to know that developers like putting their insanity into making matchmaking for some reason lol

That’s the thing with stats… an average is for the average player… which doesn’t exist.  Nothing stops you from rolling 1 on a die 5 times in a row.  And if you have enough population folks are going to.  Things average out on average… not in the specific unless you’ve got countless plays and endless seasons. The specific individual can just get screwed sometimes.  And in fact there’s always going to be examples of that.

so no things don’t average out for everyone given a limited number of games.

• Like 1

My personal opinion is that if you rate 4 top scores and your team loses you shouldn’t be penalized.  Clearly the match making that figures you’d have to carry even harder should be re-thought.

it’s kind of stupid to apply mmr changes to an individual when team comp constantly changes and the other 4 players make more difference than any individual.   It would make sense if you had a team of five you stuck with in a season and it was team mmr.  If it’s going to be ndividual then it should be based on individual results.   Which I cannot see how they’d do.  One example is 4 top scores means no rank loss.

Edited by shion.2084
In correcting auto-correct
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Yeah I find gold 3 a crap shoot.  I’ll have like 8 wins I. A row followed by a ridonculous streak of losses.  Nothing to do but not take it seriously.  Slightly better odds of random ing up if you have a partner.  Then you get stuck in plat 1 🙂

Lose twice, stop playing.

Play unranked, play pve, play on an alt account, play with legos, but get out of ranked on the one you want to climb.

Or do like I do and just grind like a bot.

2 hours ago, ramorambo.6701 said:

Learn to play all the classes in unranked, play some duels, learn kiting spots, watch streamers, get good keybinds, git gud

Last streamer i watched shown he could play competitive pvp on any class, shown kite spots and how to get there, commented on "what to do as x against y while z" then lost several games in a row due to absurd matchmaking said this game mode is kitten and turned the stream off. So much was learned that day

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

it's not black and white, anyone that takes decisions like standard will do something wrong.

When your team has no teamfight potential and the other team has core guard, dh and a necro mid fights are lost, so going far is the better option.

If you don't wanna to play with the same ppl over and over you gotta wait 5 mins after match to q up again.

I hardly disagree with that, this season i got one account silver 3 and the other g1 after placements, both are g3 now, with 80%+ winrate, i remember losing just 1 match cuz i couldn't carry, all the other ones i lost it's because dude raged after getting killed 2 times and afk'd. I just added the afker to my friendlist and wait for them to get in a match before q up again.

ps. the 80%+ winrate are in the  after placements matches.

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Haha 1