Hardstuckforever gold 3

Kasrios.7548

On 12/27/2021 at 6:16 AM, Teplokot.7654 said:

Last streamer i watched shown he could play competitive pvp on any class, shown kite spots and how to get there, commented on "what to do as x against y while z" then lost several games in a row due to absurd matchmaking said this game mode is kitten and turned the stream off. So much was learned that day

learning how to not get tilted after unlucky matches is an essential skill needed in team based games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In a game like League, I'd just say "Git gud and carry" because matchmaking is reliable enough that when you lose there's almost always something you could have done to impact the match and carry.

Unless you're playing something with absurdly low agency like Yuumi. 

In Gw2 the same mindset you'd use to climb in a game like league falls apart because while you're trying to have legitimate games, others are gaming the system, and the problem is too common to ignore. Wintraders, afks, throwers, ect are extremely common in this game. Just yesterday I had an exceptionally unfortunate streak of losses where for 6 games in a row, someone on my team would disconect. 

In my entire 8+ years of playing league, I've never been that unlucky. Typically when you loss streak in that game it's due to a combination of tilt, and being put in games where you need to carry to win. 

I can't, in good conscience, recommend taking ranked seriously in it's current state. 

If you do want to climb, and you don't want to do so using questionable means, you're going to have to add a lot of people to your friend's list in order to queue dodge them, and most likely play in off-hours as well. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 1:20 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

I hardly disagree with that, this season i got one account silver 3 and the other g1 after placements, both are g3 now, with 80%+ winrate, i remember losing just 1 match cuz i couldn't carry, all the other ones i lost it's because dude raged after getting killed 2 times and afk'd. I just added the afker to my friendlist and wait for them to get in a match before q up again.

ps. the 80%+ winrate are in the  after placements matches.

bruh you just responded to yourself. if this is a trolo its top notch.

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2021 at 4:44 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Just keep losing matches. All of them. It's easy and you'll be out of gold 3 in no time.

You joke but I would feel better if I did actually drop so I could be out of the weirdness that is high gold-low plat, I could go back to having games that are somewhat fun again instead of every match either being a rollout or a blowout.

Sure, we get those close 400-500 games where players on both sides obviously know what they're doing, but they're few and far between at this point.

Even unranked seems more stable alot of the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

You joke but I would feel better if I did actually drop so I could be out of the weirdness that is high gold-low plat, I could go back to having games that are somewhat fun again instead of every match either being a rollout or a blowout.

Sure, we get those close 400-500 games where players on both sides obviously know what they're doing, but they're few and far between at this point.

Even unranked seems more stable alot of the time.

+1, I would like that too.

This season I started with 50/50 for placement so I'm at the bottom of g3, maybe I'll have luck and drop out of it for the entire season 🙂

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2021 at 9:06 PM, coro.3176 said:

Many competitive games are built on having a psychological "out" on which to blame failure.
For example, strategy card games usually include some element of randomness so that wins can be attributed to skill, and losses to luck.
GW2 and similar team games do this by having a team small enough to take personal credit for a win, but large enough to blame teammates for a loss.

I don't buy the "hard stuck" argument. Matchmaking is (unless it's being gamed) random, so in theory you end up with bots or bad players the same % of time as everyone else. It's just that the players that belong in higher tiers will carry a little harder and maybe win some games that lesser players would give up on.

U can erase all text and replace with one word: duo Qing.