WvW should be allowed to compete more fairly! 

guan.1829

① Divide the players online equally among 3 servers. 

② Make a WvW ranking system. It's related to the individual's K/D. 

The ultimate goal to be achieved.

Have 3 servers have the same number of players and players of similar strength on the map. When you enter WvW. The server will analyze you. Assign you to a server that needs you.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, guan.1829 said:

① Divide the players online equally among 3 servers. 

② Make a WvW ranking system. It's related to the individual's K/D. 

The ultimate goal to be achieved.

Have 3 servers have the same number of players and players of similar strength on the map. When you enter WvW. The server will analyze you. Assign you to a server that needs you.

That won't work in long run.
There are players that prefer to play in teams and based on what you wrote the "shuffle" will be based on your individual contribution, thus at some point it'll put you in a server without your friendz.
Another problem here is that can be exploited by "feeding" others, imagine that there will gather a group of 50 people that will decide that they want to "leave this server" then they'll feed enemy kills thus manipulating the system.
There is already great system though, it's used in EoTM, but since there's 0 reason to use it it was forgotten.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

That won't work in long run.
There are players that prefer to play in teams and based on what you wrote the "shuffle" will be based on your individual contribution, thus at some point it'll put you in a server without your friendz.
Another problem here is that can be exploited by "feeding" others, imagine that there will gather a group of 50 people that will decide that they want to "leave this server" then they'll feed enemy kills thus manipulating the system.
There is already great system though, it's used in EoTM, but since there's 0 reason to use it it was forgotten.

①I've written articles before. After filling the server, open the next map. It's not going to be a vacant lot.

The WvW ranking system only counts for 24 hours. The server will count all of them and distribute them. 24-hour cycle

The only obstacle to my plan is. Whether Anet is willing to invest.

• Confused 3

That's still just a worse EOTM system. Which no one feels invested in.

And having rankings based on K/D, I mean why bother ? Does anyone actually care about that ?

Sorry, but all I see is some weird ideas meshed together with no rhyme or reason, with no way to grab player interest or motivation. While stopping players from playing with friends while at it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

While stopping players from playing with friends while at it.

Of course. You can play with friends. You can also join a guild. But there will be a K/D system.

K/D total points ÷ Number of people = the server you should go to

• Confused 3

Might be impossible to implement something to balance number in wvw

as long as people can select where they want to be it can be exploited

even if you fill up a server with players won't work cause wvw is 24x7

you can only balance number if the system determines the number of players when they try to enter a map

1 hour ago, lblazer.5381 said:

Might be impossible to implement something to balance number in wvw

as long as people can select where they want to be it can be exploited

even if you fill up a server with players won't work cause wvw is 24x7

you can only balance number if the system determines the number of players when they try to enter a map

Servers are balanced every 2 hours.

• Confused 1

I would not use the coefficient k / d is not correct from my point of view .......... what matters is the number of players.

if I am more able to kill or to build a group that does it effectively it is right that I win or if you are better you are right that I lose.

the problem is when they are constantly 50 vs 20 then win or lose has little meaning........ and it becomes boring from two sides.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I would not use the coefficient k / d is not correct from my point of view .......... what matters is the number of players.

if I am more able to kill or to build a group that does it effectively it is right that I win or if you are better you are right that I lose.

the problem is when they are constantly 50 vs 20 then win or lose has little meaning........ and it becomes boring from two sides.

Yes. Get your voice across to Anet.

wvw is never really fair yeah. it cannot be that, as players are individuals in the end.

maybe wvw should really be simply "closed" at 1am-9am or sth alike, as only few people play there. tho those that do would also no appreciate these changes, i guess. just the NA people entering EU in late night zergs to do karmatrains is just silly, cannot be fixed though.

most inequal fights are just some servers beeing unable to put up good fights, because they refuse to use year-long known good builds and group compositions, as well as refusing to learn how to move as a group. whenever u see a big cloud of random people roleplaying as heroes on their pve sets, you'll know they won't be alive for long till the next re-run from their spawn will happen. single pug supports also can carry the tide in pug-cloud fights extremly easy, same as anyone who really understands how to play their class. which is also mostly the experienced zerg players

u cannot balance stuff like OP thinks, bc k/d is a byproduct of organized groups/guilds mostly. these players are also able to work together better in cloudy situations and won't lose their head when getting pushed, while random players may just flee and run around in panic like headless chicken.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

u cannot balance stuff like OP thinks, bc k/d is a byproduct of organized groups/guilds mostly. these players are also able to work together better in cloudy situations and won't lose their head when getting pushed, while random players may just flee and run around in panic like headless chicken.

Well, if he intends to spread out the players by the top K/D, perhaps all the top organised guilds would be split around all over the servers?! That *would* technically even out the skill level, because all of them would lose their organisation 😉

/joke

7 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

wvw is never really fair yeah. it cannot be that, as players are individuals in the end.

maybe wvw should really be simply "closed" at 1am-9am or sth alike, as only few people play there. tho those that do would also no appreciate these changes, i guess. just the NA people entering EU in late night zergs to do karmatrains is just silly, cannot be fixed though.

most inequal fights are just some servers beeing unable to put up good fights, because they refuse to use year-long known good builds and group compositions, as well as refusing to learn how to move as a group. whenever u see a big cloud of random people roleplaying as heroes on their pve sets, you'll know they won't be alive for long till the next re-run from their spawn will happen. single pug supports also can carry the tide in pug-cloud fights extremly easy, same as anyone who really understands how to play their class. which is also mostly the experienced zerg players

The purpose of my question. Is to address this injustice. WvW was outnumbered. This is bullying. Even the winners get bored. And the K/D balance system that I proposed. This reinforces the fairness of WvW. Now. Not only are the numbers the same. The strength of the opponent is also comparable!

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Well, if he intends to spread out the players by the top K/D, perhaps all the top organised guilds would be split around all over the servers?! That *would* technically even out the skill level, because all of them would lose their organisation 😉

/joke

You're asking a repetitive question! Please read the replies in the post carefully.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, guan.1829 said:

The purpose of my question. Is to address this injustice. WvW was outnumbered. This is bullying. Even the winners get bored. And the K/D balance system that I proposed. This reinforces the fairness of WvW. Now. Not only are the numbers the same. The strength of the opponent is also comparable!

you do just miss several points. outnumbered may demoralize pugs, but a good group of 15 players can still destroy enemy groups on these maps. the k/d then is against the bigger numbers. only weak minds get scared by that.

players aren't copypaste bots, therefore numbers are not absolute nor compareable

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

you do just miss several points. outnumbered may demoralize pugs, but a good group of 15 players can still destroy enemy groups on these maps. the k/d then is against the bigger numbers. only weak minds get scared by that.

players aren't copypaste bots, therefore numbers are not absolute nor compareable

That's just your imagination! It's like dreaming or buying lottery tickets... 

Relatively fair numbers and relatively fair K/D systems. That would be close to perfect. WvW must set the rules. This is no joke

So let me get this strait:

Players who do well k/d wise, meaning they end up with a positive k/d for themselves and those around them (because often good k/d is a result of a team effort), are rewarded by being randomly reassigned, most likely getting split from their guild mates and friends?

Yes, sounds like a great idea to implement./s

This entire idea just comes off as a slightly larger version of spvp. In which case, why not just go play that?

The only benefit here: this idea is so far from what WvW is currently (and honestly, forcefully reassigning players for doing well is such a backwards idea), it is very doubtful the devlopers are going to go even slightly in this direction. Maybe as a new game mode inbetween spvp and wvw but likely never.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

WvW is about one world forging a bond! 
Learning how everyone on that world works, players in the same world should be cooperating and make time table to fill up the spaces, share intels, teach new players builds and squad formation. It is not about who has the best k/d , it is about who cooperate the best, and make the best of what their world has to offer. 

it is never fair

BTW, why do people format their text in a white box with light blue fonts. are you trying to blind me?

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1