'Com' - in map chat

Damevamp.6035

Commanders get 'com' next to name in map chat  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should commanders get 'com' next to their names in map chat?

I love the idea of a small commander tag matching your tag's color in Map chat.  I don't know how hard it would be to implement, though.  I mean, the grey emote text has been an eyesore one has to squint to read since the first open beta and they haven't yet managed to let us choose text colors, so adaptable icon colors that can be altered on the fly seems like a big ask.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This, or the color coded name idea, sounds like it would be a really helpful idea to me. I'm always having to switch between the map and chat (especially in meta maps) just to identify who the com(s) are in the map and often miss stuff happening in the game because of it.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SonicfanO.2485 said:

I will change my vote to a yes, ONLY IF they add color coded "commander" next to your name like in map chat your name is still red, but if you're red tag you get a much more vibrant shade of the word "commander" next to your name in red. 

I wouldn't mind the white of the "Mentor" prefix to names in map chat, to be honest. No need to make things unnecessarily complicated with additional colors.

7 hours ago, Artemis Hunter.5807 said:

Yes though if it's to be abbreviated it should be CDR.

Hmm, while that might be the standard abbreviation for "Commander", I prefer the also used "Cmdr."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Might help and should have happened the day "apple-tags" got "mentor" in mapchat.

On the other hand, reading is a lost art and if people want to ignore what the commander says, they just will and no amount of advertisment in mapchat will change that.

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tbh I don't see the actual need for that. Communicaction within squad should stay in the squad chat. Communication between squads (like HoT metas) doesn't need, never needed and won't need to come directly from the commander -many times (probably more often than not) random people from relevant lanes are communicating the state of the meta "on their end" and I don't see how that is somehow problematic.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

What is the actual problem you are trying to solve?

If you want to do stuff with a commander the squad and party chat already provides the Commander prefix.

So you want the benefit of being in a squad without being in a squad?

Commanders who don't know how to communicate with each other?

Map chat that is just full of noise?

19 hours ago, Damevamp.6035 said:

That's great For identification of lanes if multiple in instance XD- great idea

In all the years of playing that has never been an issue because people already include the relevant info in the message like "south at blighting tower" or "nuhoch 20%" or "pat at second shield" . All of which is much more effective than expecting people to memorize a color to lane association that is going to change every time the event is done(except maybe TT).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Yeh I like the idea of having a "cmdr" prefix, so I can instantly see who's calling out an event or location and know that person has a tag up.  For map events with possible short duration or multiple commanders, it would make it quicker to locate them.  It's there for mentors, why not for commanders.  The tags are easy to spot on the map, but I don't always realize a person talking in chat is that commander, especially if I'm occupied.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2