What is best and easiest class for begginer?

Sakiboj.3894

10 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

So... my personal rank from easiest to hardest:

1. Necro — no need to memorize any rotation, can even afk or let minions do the job. Super tanky, powerful passive healing. Some people say you can play scourge only by facerolling on your keyboard.

2. Warrior — requires only 3 buttons to work, (and one of them is W to move forward).

3. Ranger — you have a personal tank (pet), it's the best thing to avoid damage. Maybe necro can summon 5 "pets" (minions), but at least you can name your pet whatever you like and make it stop attacking everything around you.

4. Guardian — it's simple, but can be squishy. Guardian fits everywhere in any gamemode.

5. Revenant — skills on very low CD, 2 healing skills.

6. Mesmer — bursty, and there's a chance to let your clones draw all agro.

7. Thief — weapon skills have no CD, but you have know how to manage your initiative, because spamming skills won't work well. Thief is more about single target DPS (exept Daredevil).

8. Engineer — engi can be played in two ways: super complex with many kits, or just flamethrower.

9. Elementalist — ele has many tools to use in combat and for sure you will use all of them. It's squishy and you have to learn each skill.

Most fun? It's just my opinion, but: Mesmer, Thief, Revenant and Ele.

is this for solo content o.o, Necro defintly isnt using Minonmancer builds in group/raid content, rangers Dont use Pets in Group/raid Content, and engineers Dont use many kits or flamethrower either :o.. holos actually really simple to play just heat management u gotta get used to.

• Confused 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:30 AM, Avatara.1042 said:

Guardian is the golden child of Anet, and is best at everything.

Not at solo PvE. Not even close. You have 11K base HP and any attempt to rise that number will lower your damage, whereas Necros or Revenants can be tanky whithout sacrificing damage. So many times for a Guardian a single mistake ends in you being one shooted...   

Edited by Buran.3796

17 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Not at solo PvE. Not even close. You have 11K base HP and any attempt to rise that number will lower your damage, whereas Necros or Revenants can be tanky whithout sacrificing damage. So many times for a Guardian a single mistake ends in you being one shooted...   

Agreed. I think people like to overexaggerate how "amazing guardian is". 

Firebrand defintly is great currently. But there's lots of things guardians aren't amazing at currently. 

Spvp - it has a support option. But it's closest DPS option is a trap meme specc. 

Solo wise - insanely squishy. 

Power DPS wise it depends alot of continously upholding buffs such as aegis and resolution permanently to uphold. 

As a condi DPS / stab/squickness/aegis provider it's defintly very strong and has alot of role compression. But I wouldn't rly say guardians all around the best... It's one of the best in group/raid PvE content. But open world / spvp they aren't amazing. 

While both revenants elites are at the very top of the meta in spvp. 

Revenant have amazing roaming builds and zerg builds for WvWvW. 

Has the strongest solo ability overall when played well. 

And of vital importance in both fractal and raid metas. 

It's amazing people gloss over something like revenant. That's meta in every part of the game but announce guardian based on its performance in one catagory. 

Revenant is the best proffession in the game realistically. Maybe not the most played prolly because it's considered abit harder to play due to energy management. But id honestly say revenant is stronger overall when you look at the scope of what rev is insanely good at in. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Agreed. I think people like to overexaggerate how "amazing guardian is". 

Firebrand defintly is great currently. But there's lots of things guardians aren't amazing at currently. 

Spvp - it has a support option. But it's closest DPS option is a trap meme specc. 

Solo wise - insanely squishy. 

Power DPS wise it depends alot of continously upholding buffs such as aegis and resolution permanently to uphold. 

As a condi DPS / stab/squickness/aegis provider it's defintly very strong and has alot of role compression. But I wouldn't rly say guardians all around the best... It's one of the best in group/raid PvE content. But open world / spvp they aren't amazing. 

While both revenants elites are at the very top of the meta in spvp. 

Revenant have amazing roaming builds and zerg builds for WvWvW. 

Has the strongest solo ability overall when played well. 

And of vital importance in both fractal and raid metas. 

It's amazing people gloss over something like revenant. That's meta in every part of the game but announce guardian based on its performance in one catagory. 

Revenant is the best proffession in the game realistically. Maybe not the most played prolly because it's considered abit harder to play due to energy management. But id honestly say revenant is stronger overall when you look at the scope of what rev is insanely good at in. 

Love my Rev!! Made it when they dropped and havent looked back. Tired of chasing meta junk so Imma stick to this guy and will also be a Vindicator!! I have hope!!  😉

This is my personal opinion:

- Elementalist: one of the least beginner friendly professions. I advise you against it until you have HoT and can unlock Tempest as an e-spec.

- Engineer: Same as elementalist. Thought there are builds that are beginner friendly, the engineer is a hit-or-miss profession, you either love it or hate it.

- Guardian: Take a hammer, build for symbols and just buldoze throught the game, probably the easiest and most boring profession to level up.

- Mesmer: A good profession to learn how to dodge and in general active defense. Maybe not beginner friendly but, let's say "intermediate".

- Necromancer: Guardian level of ease but less boring to play.

- Ranger: Objectively not the best experience, the profession was hundred time better 9 years ago. Doesn't mean that it's not easy to play but, personally, it wouldn't make me "like" the game to level it.

- Revenant: Very easy to play with the right build. The low end gameplay of the profession is very beginner friendly but the high end gameplay isn't.

- Thief: Very easy to play but it's risky gameplay don't make it beginner friendly.

- Warrior: Beginner friendly with a sustain build, can be frustrating to play with more offensive builds as a beginner.

If I had to give tiers:

Beginner friendly tier: Guardian, Necromancer, Revenant.

Intermediate tier: Mesmer, Ranger, Warrior.

Advanced tier: Engineer, Thief.

Try hard tier: Elementalist.