All of the Warrior Balance Changes I Would Currently Recommend (From 9 year warrior vet)

gmmg.9210

The "you're not forgotten" update

CMC just copy paste I promise it'll make things better, lol.

Warrior has been in a difficult place in competitive game modes. This is my attempt at what Christmas for Warriors would actually look like. While admittedly I have a strong bias for Warrior, I absolutely think the majority of these changes are well warranted and would not break the class or the game. In fact, I believe they would only benefit the current Meta.

Warrior- The baseline Weapon Swap cooldown for this profession is now 7 seconds as opposed to 10. 

TRAITS

1. Discipline

• Vengeful Return- Gain Superspeed for 5 seconds upon using Vengeance. Health increased from 25% to 45%. You do 5% more damage while under the effects of Vengeance.  All other previous effects are still the same. 
  • Fast Hands- Fast hands now reduces weapon swap cooldown reduction by 2 seconds as opposed to 5.
  • Heightened Focus- Cooldown reduced from 15 seconds to 10. Quickness duration increased from 2 1/2 seconds to 3 1/2 seconds in respective game modes.

2. Arms

• Wounding Precision- Expertise is increased from 4% to 7% in respective game modes.
  • Opportunist- Fury duration reduced from 10 seconds to 5. Gain 7 stacks of might for 5 seconds when a target is immobilized. 
  • Sundering Burst- Increased Vulnerability stacks from 5 to 10 baseline, and to 15 stacks when critical hitting.
  • Blademaster- Changed Condition Damage increase of 120 to Power increase of 120.
  • Burst Precision- Now ignores the effects of Blind and Weakness while using a Burst skill. Gain 5 stacks of Might while using Burst skill.
  • Duel Wielding- Increased attack speed from 20% to 30%.

3. Tactics

• Martial Cadence- Cooldown reduction increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

4. Strength

• Restorative Strength- Increased duration to 10 seconds. Increased Might stacks from 5 to 7.
  • Brave Stride- Increased Stability duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Body Blow- Increased Weakness duration from 3 1/4 to 6 seconds.
  • Great Fortitude- Increased Vitality and Ferocity from 10% to 13%.
  • Merciless Hammer- Note: I wouldn't change this trait but I don't agree with the current cc rules post 2020 patch. Basically I believe that some cc abilities should do normal damage while a target is already currently stunned or knocked down etc. This would mean the first hammer cc would do no damage, then followed by damaging hammer abilities as the targets is stun locked and chained. If that was too strong there could be a scaling up mechanic where the first cc skill does no damage, the second 50%, the third 100%. In any case Hammer and cc overall needs another pass.

5. Defense

• Cull the Weak- Increased damage from 7% to 10%.
  • Defy Pain- Decreased cooldown from 300 seconds to 120 in PvP and WvW. 
  • Last Stand- Decreased cooldown from 300 seconds to 120 in PvP and WvW. Increased Vigor duration from 6 to 9 seconds.

6. Berzerker

Note: I wouldn't change anything initially in the traits/skills with Berzerker. What I would change is the Berserk ability. It would be used to where the moment you hit f1 with full adrenaline it would simultaneously proc it's Berserk Burst skill.

Berserk- Hitting Berserk simultaneously procs the Primal Burst skill. The first Primal Burst skill costs 0 adrenaline. The Berserk and initial Primal Burst skill animations are synced together.

7. Spellbreaker

• Dispelling Force- This Minor trait now also grants 2 adrenaline upon removing a boon from a foe.
  • Loss Aversion- This no longer grants 2 adrenaline upon removing a boon from a foe. The damage of this skill is able to critical hit and has gone from 67 to 250.
  • Sun and Moon Style- Strike damage is increased by 5% while wielding a mainhand dagger to foes that have 3 boons or more, 7% to foes with 2 boons, and 10% to foes with no boons. Also the 5 second cooldown that has no purpose for existing has been removed. The Critical Damage converted to healing has been changed from 7% to 10% on the offhand dagger.
  • Attacker's Insight- Increased each stack of Ferocity, Precision, and Power from 35 to 40.
  • Enchantment Collapse- Has been reworked so that removing a boon from a foe removes an additional 2 boons from that foe, and one boon from nearby foes. Increased radius from 240 to 300.
  • Revenge Counter- Increased Full Counter damage from 20% to 200%. Resistance now procs immediately upon using Full Counter and is 2 seconds when the counter attack isn't used and an additional 2 seconds when it is. Conditions copied are now 2 instead of 3 but now are subsequently removed from the player upon activation. 

SKILLS

Full Counter- The Daze duration of this skill is now reduced to 0.75 seconds as opposed to 1 second.

Note: The slight nerf to this baseline is simply to not allow Full Counter to constantly obstruct gameplay with CC spam. CMC nerfed this in the past from 2 seconds to 1 and I think an additional 0.25 seconds will make the Daze of this skill right where it needs to be. While it's effect can interrupt abilities, it won't break the constant flow of gameplay in competitive settings.

Break Enchantments- Increased damage from 100% to 650%.

Imminent Threat- Increased Radius from 240 to 450. In addition to Resolution, this skill now applies Protection for 5 seconds.

Sight Beyond Sight- This skill now applies 5 stacks of Might for 5 seconds. Upon use, this skill removes blind and grants Resistance for 5 seconds.

Featherfoot Grace- The Cooldown for this skill has been reduced from 45 seconds to 40. In addition to granting Resistance, this skill also grants Resolution for 5 seconds.

Natural Healing- Heal for an additional 20% if you remove both boons and conditions from yourself. Heal for an additional 10% if you remove either boons or conditions from yourself respectively.

Winds of Disenchantment- This skill now follows the user upon activation. The Duration of this ability lasts 10 seconds as opposed to 5. Disenchantment now has an ICD of 0.5 seconds. The activation time for this skill is now 1 second as opposed to 1 1/5.

Blamestorm- Increased damage by 5%.

Berserker Stance- In addition to it's previous effects, this also pulses Resolution every second for 1 second during it's duration.

Balanced Stance- The cooldown for this skill is decreased from 60 to 40 seconds in PvP only. The number of stacks of Stability has decreased from 2 every pulse to 1.

Banners- 

Note: Banner's are in a bad place in most game modes, as they are basically static buffs that take up a skill slot and have to always be accounted for while being used in group play. The point of banners need to be a static buff with it being useful in the skill slot as well. Banners now should be used in the fashion of Samurai Warriors using Clan flags (image below). They should be on the back of the Warrior, allowing for skills to be used in the slot after being equipped. For example, I use Defense banner in my skill bar and then it appears on my back and goes wherever I go. Meanwhile, the skill is now a simple AOE Stability buff that grants a stack of Stability to all allies in a certain radius. That will allow banners to be more versatile and fun, and more usable.

https://imgur.com/a/U02wt

Banners no longer are placed on the ground but are mounted on the players back. Upon usage the static buffs remain the same but have a simple skill that can be used while wielded. When more than one banner is summoned, another flag mounted on the back of the player will be placed with a maximum of 4 banners.

Defense Banner- Grants 4 seconds of Stability

Discipline Banner- Grants 10 seconds of Fury 

Tactics Banner- Grants 6 seconds of Regeneration.

Strength Banner- Grants 3 stacks of Might for 5 seconds.

Battle Standard- Passively is the same but now grants a revive ability in the Elite skill slot as opposed to when the banner is summoned.  This skill takes 2 seconds to activate.

Shake it Off- Reduced Cooldown from 75 seconds to 65 seconds.

On My Mark- Reveal duration increased from 6 seconds to 8.

Fear Me- Has been reworked so that the initial Fear is 1 second and, if a foe is hit with said Fear, a second Fear Me ability is available so that a second Fear can be cast lasting 3 seconds. Cooldown decreased from 60 seconds to 40.

Signet of Might- The duration of Might and Unblockable  increased to 8 seconds.

Signet of Fury- The animation upon using this ability has been removed. 

Signet of Stamina- The animation upon using this ability has been removed.

Dolyak Signet- Cooldown has been decreased from 60 seconds to 40 in PvP only.  Stability stacks decreased from 10 to 3.

Throw Bolas- Increased duration of Immobilize from 4 seconds to 5.

Stomp- Launch is no 0, and will launch the foes in place effectively. The stability granted upon hitting a target is increased from 3 seconds to 5.

Signet of Rage- Increased Might stacks to 25. The duration of Fury, Might, and Swiftness has been increased to 8 seconds.

Healing Signet- Increased active heal to 3000. Now additionally applies Regeneration for 6 seconds.

Defiant Stance- Reduced duration from 4 to 3 seconds. This skill is now a Breakstun. The cast time and animation for this ability have been removed.

To the Limit- Decreased cooldown by 5 seconds.

Longbow:

Combustive Shot- This Burst skill now does not proc Cleansing Ire and Adrenal Health when not hitting an enemy in it's radius unless the target is hit within 0.5 seconds upon being activated.

Note: This change was meant to curb the longbow Defense bursting spam only in order to keep up cleansing and AH passives.

Sword:

Savage Leap- Damage has been increased from 490 to 690. 

Final Thrust- The animation has been sped up to that the cast time is 1/2 second.

Flurry- The animation is now 2 seconds long as opposed to 2 2/3. You can now move while using this ability. Strike Damage increased by 5%

Axe:

Whirling Axe- Now grants Superspeed upon it's duration that lasts 3 1/2 seconds.

Eviscerate- Damage increased from 1000 to 1200. The range is increased from 300 to 350.

Greatsword:

Rush- This animation is finally fixed lol.

•  

Vengeance-  Increased damage by 15% while under the effects of Vengeance. 

Notes: The goal here is make vengeance a powerful ability that players want to use, as opposed to ignoring or being a nuisance. By increasing the dps, it could encourage a sort of zombie "come back from the dead" mechanic to have a last chance at killing an enemy before going down for the count.

Future Changes

Bladesworn needs a lot more QoL and versatility in order to not be pigeonholed into using Strength and Tactics. Making the secondary weapon the Katana, and removing a secondary weapon while only allowing burst skills while wielding Katana would increase it's effectiveness. Another option is to go the Genji route from Overwatch and make the Katana super awesome as a burst skill like an offhand elite, but making it timegated. Either of these changes would help the QoL of the spec to make it not just a massive cluster of shout spam burst abilities while wielding Katana.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Good things in there. I don't agree with h everything, but that is fine, different strokes for different folks.

I'd say that Berserker needs more.

Fear Me. Give it two ammo charges, but 0.5s recharge between ammo uses. Fear Me now deals double the fear duration to foes already feared. 

Throw Bolas change will lead to 10s immobilize builds in WvW. Are you sure you want that? I'd abuse it for sure.

What are the CDs on the banner flip over skills or do the dismiss the banner?

But like I said, lots of good things otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'd start from this:

Tactics:

Shrug it off - Instead of old effect Shouts remove a condition from affected allies. 5s ICD per player.

Mending Might - Applying might to an ally heals you and that ally.

Vigorous Shouts - Healing applied by this trait to other allies increased by 25%.

"To the Limit!" - Changed into a pulsing channel like "Receive the Light" and "Wash the Pain Away", now also heals allies and healing to allies is stronger than for Warrior.

Explaination: Should help making Support Warrior more viable.

Defense:

Cleansing Ire - Now instead of cleansing applies 1 second of resistance for every adrenaline bar spent while activating burst. 

Explaination: Should help Warrior dealing with Blinds, making his Burst more reliable.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 6:04 AM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

And delete Bladesworn. This is not warrior.

Or make bladesworn good. Something like (and if you’ve seen it before, you know what my ideas are):

Balance Gun Saber around ranger gs;

Blooming fire: needs 240 range, significantly more damage, blind

Artillery slash: weakness instead of cripple (could use damage more in line with Specter’s twilight combo)

Cyclone trigger: full block instead of projectile only, a bit more damage

Break Step: 600 range, either immob foes at start location or grant aegis after. 

Dragon Trigger: needs much more damage still (assuming 200% crit damage and a critical hit): 

Force: Should hit from 6k base to 16k cap

boost: 5k base 15k cap

reach: 4k base 12k cap and should be 1200 range with faster projectile speed

Pistol:

Make it mainhand w/ 900 range

use the cyclone trigger projectile for the pistol AA, have it explode when hitting the target for a small aoe damage 

Let us stow gunsabre 

Edited by oscuro.9720
Add stow to gunsaber

On 1/2/2022 at 4:53 PM, Morwath.9817 said:

I'd start from this:

Tactics:

Shrug it off - Instead of old effect Shouts remove a condition from affected allies. 5s ICD per player.

Mending Might - Applying might to an ally heals you and that ally.

Vigorous Shouts - Healing applied by this trait to other allies increased by 25%.

"To the Limit!" - Changed into a pulsing channel like "Receive the Light" and "Wash the Pain Away", now also heals allies and healing to allies is stronger than for Warrior.

Explaination: Should help making Support Warrior more viable.

Defense:

Cleansing Ire - Now instead of cleansing applies 1 second of resistance for every adrenaline bar spent while activating burst. 

Explaination: Should help Warrior dealing with Blinds, making his Burst more reliable.

I really like a lot of your ideas for Tactics.  I hope ANet would consider something like that.  Would be great to have a meaningful Warrior support option.

Regarding Cleansing Ire:

I very much agree this should apply resistance in some fashion; it's something I and others have advocated for elsewhere.  I don't think it should lose the cleansing conditions component, though...

In my dream world, CI would grant 1s resistance and cleanse one condition per bar of adrenaline spent (i.e., on burst use, not burst hit).

However, if I'm being honest, that's probably too strong.  I think I better compromise would be:

Gain adrenaline when hit

Gain 1s Resistance on burst use

Cleanse 1 condition per bar of adrenaline spent on burst hit

This would give a brief window of resistance to make sure the burst can't be blinded/weakened without either A) basically pumping out perma-resistance, or B) resulting in perma condition clear.

Buff Armored Attack:

I am increasingly convinced that reworking this trait to be more on par with the Great Fortitude rework would do wonders for Power warrior builds.  Here's why:

It has been discussed ad nauseum that Warrior lacks in damage mitigation.  This is absolutely true, and that problem is compounded by the fact that Warrior is such a stat-check class that you essentially have to run Berserker amulet (in PvP at least)  to do any meaningful damage.  But if Warrior were able to invest in tanky gear like Demolisher's (or Knights in WvW) without completely sacrificing DPS, many problems would be solved.

I propose Armor Attack be upgraded to either:

20% of toughness converted into power,  OR

12% of toughness converted into power AND precision.

I think higher % conversion is warranted here because toughness is usually a secondary attribute and therefore you have less of it.  Contrast that with Great Fortitude which converts power--something you're already trying to max out and therefore have a lot of.  Might need separate % conversion for PvP and WvW. 

And while there are plenty of things that could/should be changed about the Defense line (300s CDs, for starters), these simple changes to CI and AA would be a massive improvement in value for power builds--and would do so in a way that benefits Core as well as Berserker and SpB.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
added a punchier conclusion

The biggest issue with Warrior (and other classes that relies a lot on melee) is dealing with the insane AOE and debuff spam from the Condi Bunker builds. 

Picking traits or skills to combat those means less traits or skills to deal damage, which is already a problem for warriors since the nerf to CC damage. 

I would really like to see them do something about unpopular weapons like Sword, Mace, and Longbow. 

6 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Or make bladesworn good. Something like (and if you’ve seen it before, you know what my ideas are):

Balance Gun Saber around ranger gs;

Blooming fire: needs 240 range, significantly more damage, blind

Artillery slash: weakness instead of cripple (could use damage more in line with Specter’s twilight combo)

Cyclone trigger: full block instead of projectile only, a bit more damage

Break Step: 600 range, either immob foes at start location or grant aegis after. 

Dragon Trigger: needs much more damage still (assuming 200% crit damage and a critical hit): 

Force: Should hit from 6k base to 16k cap

boost: 5k base 15k cap

reach: 4k base 12k cap and should be 1200 range with faster projectile speed

Pistol:

Make it mainhand w/ 900 range

use the cyclone trigger projectile for the pistol AA, have it explode when hitting the target for a small aoe damage 

Let us stow gunsabre 

i dont care at this point rly.🤕

I hope some feedback reaches them tho

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

Here's a list of the changes I'd be for:

• The baseline Weapon Swap cooldown for this profession is now 7 seconds as opposed to 10. 
  • Fast Hands - Fast hands now reduces weapon swap cooldown reduction by 2 seconds as opposed to 5.
  • Martial Cadence - Cooldown reduction increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Sight Beyond Sight - This skill now applies 5 stacks of Might for 5 seconds. Upon use, this skill removes blind and grants Resistance for 5 seconds.
  • Stomp- Launch is now 0, and will launch the foes in place effectively. The stability granted upon hitting a target is increased from 3 seconds to 5.
  • All the animation bugs being fixed.

Now, why don't I agree with the rest of these? Am I some sorta rabid anti-Warrior in the Warrior Forums? Nah.

A lot of these changes don't really address things that make sense to me as someone who multi-classes.

I'll mention specifically the Berserker things I don't agree with:

• Berserk - Hitting Berserk simultaneously procs the Primal Burst skill. The first Primal Burst skill costs 0 adrenaline. The Berserk and initial Primal Burst skill animations are synced together.
    • This isn't exactly how I'd go about it. I'd argue it's more of a traits/utilities issue than an issue with surprise factor or adrenaline. Berserker lacks the same kinda shazam that other specializations get when they're going for high damage. NOT saying it doesn't have the damage.
    • When you're fighting a Berserker, you're not exactly intimidated that they're going to be able to keep you pressured or locked down. You, for example, as a Mesmer can just Blink away, Power Block, or blind the initial rush of them trying to land a burst on you. Once those first 3 seconds are up, you just have to either pressure them or stall out til their Berserk ends. For example, when fighting a Holosmith, they're able to keep chasing you or disengaging from the fight to recover- Berserker has to do a similar thing, but they lack stable access to Superspeed or an active way to keep the pressure going.
    • You may have noticed I said first 3 seconds specifically. I'm referring to Burst of Aggression. Right now, being in Berserk Mode has a massive diminishing return the longer you stay in it. What I propose is making that trait reactivate whenever landing a Primal Burst. (Yes, that means LB F1 wouldn't have to land, but you're already running a weapon that isn't exactly heavy on the pressure. It'd be useful mostly for the mobility in that case.)
    • Now that we can establish the idea of making BoA the cornerstone of Beserker, we can look at traits that would benefit with activating it more often. Eternal Champion is a good contender as a GM trait, it could make it so BoA now grants the boons and BoA now activates when stun breaking. (Keeping the 300 Toughness wouldn't be insane either.) You'd begin to see synergy with being able to fight back even when Berserk Mode ends.
    • You can see things like Bloody Roar extend the duration of Berserk Mode when BoA activates. (Probably would be nerfed to 1s in PvE due to the nature of how it's used already with Axe just to constantly press F1.)

Things I'd do to Berserker:

• Burst of Aggression now activates when a Primal Burst successfully hits. (Same kinda rules as Adrenaline Heal/Berserker's Strength to prevent constant procs; Primal Burst to prevent the duplication of getting two instances from Berserk initially.)
  • Burst of Aggression is now classified as a Rage skill.
  • Blood Reaction is now a flat 10% conversion but now causes Burst of Aggression to grant 1s of Resistance.
  • Wild Blow ignores Blindness.
  • Sundering Leap is now a 1/2s cast time instead of 3/4s cast time.
  • Eternal Champion causes breaking stuns to activate Burst of Aggression. The trait now also causes Burst of Aggression to grant Might and Stability for the same duration/stacks as before. Toughness bonus remains.
  • Bloody Roar now causes Burst of Aggression to extend Berserk Mode in addition to previous effects. (2s in PvP/WvW, 1s in PvE.)

As for the rest of Warrior:

• "Shake it Off!" now  cleanses 3 conditions but has the cool down reduced to 45s.
  • Cleansing Ire now grants 1s of Resistance per adrenaline bar spent in addition to previous effects.
  • Frenzy cool down reduced to 35s.
  • Berserker's Stance now lasts 6s instead of 4s, grants Resolution and Resistance for 1.5s instead of Resistance for 1s; in addition to previous effects.

• Thanks 3

People really out here acknowledging that warrior is dumpstered then going "wouldn't change anything on Berserker" in the same breath 

2 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

• Burst of Aggression now activates when a Primal Burst successfully hits. (Same kinda rules as Adrenaline Heal/Berserker's Strength to prevent constant procs; Primal Burst to prevent the duplication of getting two instances from Berserk initially.)
  • Blood Reaction is now a flat 10% conversion but now causes Burst of Aggression to grant 1s of Resistance.
  • Eternal Champion causes breaking stuns to activate Burst of Aggression. The trait now also causes Burst of Aggression to grant Might and Stability for the same duration/stacks as before. Toughness bonus remains.
  • Bloody Roar now causes Burst of Aggression to extend Berserk Mode in addition to previous effects. (2s in PvP/WvW, 1s in PvE.)

• "Shake it Off!" now  cleanses 3 conditions but has the cool down reduced to 45s.
  • Cleansing Ire now grants 1s of Resistance per adrenaline bar spent in addition to previous effects.
  • Berserker's Stance now lasts 6s instead of 4s, grants Resolution and Resistance for 1.5s instead of Resistance for 1s; in addition to previous effects.

*Slow clap*

There you go. That's more like it. 

23 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Lol yeah let's keep writing stuff like they care. I stopped writing kitten when I had no other ideas left. They won't listen, better not lose our time. If anything I propose for everyone to necro this forum, cause that's how much the listen, it won't make a difference.

If you won't be fueled by hope, be fueled by spite. 

Let all those new EoD wallets see how they massacred our boy. 

5 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Here's a list of the changes I'd be for:

• The baseline Weapon Swap cooldown for this profession is now 7 seconds as opposed to 10. 
  • Fast Hands - Fast hands now reduces weapon swap cooldown reduction by 2 seconds as opposed to 5.
  • Martial Cadence - Cooldown reduction increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Sight Beyond Sight - This skill now applies 5 stacks of Might for 5 seconds. Upon use, this skill removes blind and grants Resistance for 5 seconds.
  • Stomp- Launch is now 0, and will launch the foes in place effectively. The stability granted upon hitting a target is increased from 3 seconds to 5.
  • All the animation bugs being fixed.

Now, why don't I agree with the rest of these? Am I some sorta rabid anti-Warrior in the Warrior Forums? Nah.

A lot of these changes don't really address things that make sense to me as someone who multi-classes.

I'll mention specifically the Berserker things I don't agree with:

• Berserk - Hitting Berserk simultaneously procs the Primal Burst skill. The first Primal Burst skill costs 0 adrenaline. The Berserk and initial Primal Burst skill animations are synced together.
    • This isn't exactly how I'd go about it. I'd argue it's more of a traits/utilities issue than an issue with surprise factor or adrenaline. Berserker lacks the same kinda shazam that other specializations get when they're going for high damage. NOT saying it doesn't have the damage.
    • When you're fighting a Berserker, you're not exactly intimidated that they're going to be able to keep you pressured or locked down. You, for example, as a Mesmer can just Blink away, Power Block, or blind the initial rush of them trying to land a burst on you. Once those first 3 seconds are up, you just have to either pressure them or stall out til their Berserk ends. For example, when fighting a Holosmith, they're able to keep chasing you or disengaging from the fight to recover- Berserker has to do a similar thing, but they lack stable access to Superspeed or an active way to keep the pressure going.
    • You may have noticed I said first 3 seconds specifically. I'm referring to Burst of Aggression. Right now, being in Berserk Mode has a massive diminishing return the longer you stay in it. What I propose is making that trait reactivate whenever landing a Primal Burst. (Yes, that means LB F1 wouldn't have to land, but you're already running a weapon that isn't exactly heavy on the pressure. It'd be useful mostly for the mobility in that case.)
    • Now that we can establish the idea of making BoA the cornerstone of Beserker, we can look at traits that would benefit with activating it more often. Eternal Champion is a good contender as a GM trait, it could make it so BoA now grants the boons and BoA now activates when stun breaking. (Keeping the 300 Toughness wouldn't be insane either.) You'd begin to see synergy with being able to fight back even when Berserk Mode ends.
    • You can see things like Bloody Roar extend the duration of Berserk Mode when BoA activates. (Probably would be nerfed to 1s in PvE due to the nature of how it's used already with Axe just to constantly press F1.)

Things I'd do to Berserker:

Lots of great ideas here. I especially like the trait interactions with Burst of Aggression. I know @Lan Deathrider.5910 has been advocating for similar changes. These are great ideas, and I hope ANet listens. 

Might need something like a 5s CD on BoA to keep it from providing Perma quickness from decap spam (esp in PvE). Heck, even entering berserk plus your first primal burst could push you to 4s quickness and super speed right there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Lots of great ideas here. I especially like the trait interactions with Burst of Aggression. I know @Lan Deathrider.5910 has been advocating for similar changes. These are great ideas, and I hope ANet listens. 

Might need something like a 5s CD on BoA to keep it from providing Perma quickness from decap spam (esp in PvE). Heck, even entering berserk plus your first primal burst could push you to 4s quickness and super speed right there.

Funny you mention that. I was re-evaluating the idea of EC giving BoA Might/Stability and realized that miiiiight not be exactly healthy. So I might revoke my idea with Eternal Champion just to prevent double procs from Savage Instinct and Berserk Mode.

As for PvP/WvW perspective. If they're able to get off enough Decaps successfully to get perma quickness, they deserve the victory lap they'd get from the 10s of superspeed too. 😛

As for PvE, the quickness might have to be toned down a little. But at the same time, you can get perma Quickness as a DE in PvE land without dedicating many resources. Could just reduce Quickness to 1.5s in PvE instead of 3s.

Edited by Vinny.7260

2 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

This is where I remind you that reaper can have perma quickness in shroud, so stop holding back.

56 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, so you and GM should stop trying to be 'balanced.' kitten it. Ask for the exact same kitten other specs get. 

Got it:

my core warrior wishlist:

Axe: I want eviscerate to crit 15k

Great sword: I want 100 blades to be 50% faster and the final hit be a 900 range leap that deals bonus damage to foes using no abilities. Buff whirlwind damage a bit, make rush move 25% faster. 

Sword:

- make flurry unrooted, increase damage and add a flip over skill if channel is completed called Finishing Thrust: 750 base damage, 2k damage if for is under 50%, applies 10 bleed (basically final thrust, slightly changed name and buffed.)

- Replace final thrust with Flourish: Dash forward (450 range) dealing damage (1k base damage damage mod 1.2) and bleeding (6 bleed) foes, is an evade, is ground targeted skill shot. 

Mace: Give skull crack it’s old damage back. Add damage to auto attack chain. Make Adrenaline Rush grant might (5) and barrier (2000). 

Long Bow: Make fan of fire launch 6 projectiles across a 25% wider fan, keep damage per projectile the same (gives a FAT burst of you land all of them). Make Arcing Arrow do a lot more damage. Make all the projectiles move MUCH MUCH MUCH faster. Especially the shot attack. 

I don’t know what to do with the rest of the weapons. Honestly I don’t think this is even OP, I could go more OP if you guys want 🙂 

Edited by oscuro.9720

15 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Got it:

my core warrior wishlist:

Axe: I want eviscerate to crit 15k

Great sword: I want 100 blades to be 50% faster and the final hit be a 900 range leap that deals bonus damage to foes using no abilities. Buff whirlwind damage a bit, make rush move 25% faster. 

Sword:

- make flurry unrooted, increase damage and add a flip over skill if channel is completed called Finishing Thrust: 750 base damage, 2k damage if for is under 50%, applies 10 bleed (basically final thrust, slightly changed name and buffed.)

- Replace final thrust with Flourish: Dash forward (450 range) dealing damage (1k base damage damage mod 1.2) and bleeding (6 bleed) foes, is an evade, is ground targeted skill shot. 

Mace: Give skull crack it’s old damage back. Add damage to auto attack chain. Make Adrenaline Rush grant might (5) and barrier (2000). 

Long Bow: Make fan of fire launch 6 projectiles across a 25% wider fan, keep damage per projectile the same (gives a FAT burst of you land all of them). Make Arcing Arrow do a lot more damage. Make all the projectiles move MUCH MUCH MUCH faster. Especially the shot attack. 

I don’t know what to do with the rest of the weapons. Honestly I don’t think this is even OP, I could go more OP if you guys want 🙂 

And now Oscuro gets it.  👏👏👏 You just gave a bunch of buffs that are pretty representative of what other classes can achieve but would be labeled as OP if warrior got them. Welcome to the state of warrior circa Feb2020.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And now Oscuro gets it.  👏👏👏 You just gave a bunch of buffs that are pretty representative of what other classes can achieve but would be labeled as OP if warrior got them. Welcome to the state of warrior circa Feb2020.

I actually like the sword idea I made up on the spot. Now I want it. 

Ooo, ooo, can I play?

Make all hammer skills generate barrier for you and all nearby allies.

Make all hammer skills apply weakness without having to spec Body Blow.

Stolen from someone else, but make Staggering Blow a Pull instead of a Push.

Give Back Breaker splash damage.
And I've made this suggestion before as a counter to the increasing infinite stability problem, but make control skills do double damage to targets with stability (after adding damage back to all control skills, naturally).

Make Earthshaker both a Blast and a Leap finisher, and make it launch enemies on impact rather than daze.

Make Whirling Axe reflect projectiles.

"Might Makes Right - Gain health and endurance whenever you apply might to yourself..." ...and allies.
"Mending Might - Applying might to an ally heals you." - how about... "Mending Might - "Healing yourself applies might to you and nearby allies"
Infinite loop achieved 😄

Edit: There are obviously some ridiculous ones there, but others I truly think should be applied.

And yes, I play with Hammer a lot.

Edited by Mungrul.9358