Holo\Scrapper and high ping (250-300) pve

Joxer.6024

Ok, really want to get back into these classes as I do enjoy them both and glad that Scrapper is seeing some love, but.....how punished am I going to be with such high ping? have been told that Scourge is most likely my best bet and while I do have one, so does everyone and their mother. I like to be the underdog and not run what the whole community is running but if its going to really affect my game then what can I do. But, if others have the same issue with ping yet not so big issue with those classes then holler. hate to put in the time only to suck. Or I can and just see what happens....  😉

Edited by Joxer.6024

On 1/2/2022 at 1:29 PM, Joxer.6024 said:

Ok, really want to get back into these classes as I do enjoy them both and glad that Scrapper is seeing some love, but.....how punished am I going to be with such high ping? have been told that Scourge is most likely my best bet and while I do have one, so does everyone and their mother. I like to be the underdog and not run what the whole community is running but if its going to really affect my game then what can I do. But, if others have the same issue with ping yet not so big issue with those classes then holler. hate to put in the time only to suck. Or I can and just see what happens....  😉

Which game modes u play?
In pvp/wvw all classes r getting punished with high ping.

In fractals/raids where u have to manage to put out ur rota as fast as possible something with an easier rota may be better to avoid....for example...swapping attunements or kits before all skills are casted.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Haha 1

For PVE, you will not be punished too much However in PVP and WvW you have to accept that you can go down to a random idiot because your ping messed up a combo. I know loosing because of your ping isnt the most fun way of loosing but nothing you can do about it. 

In PVE, you can always play condi trailblazer since it allows you to solo most stuff even with bad ping as long as you properly manage your heal and dodge. That is the most "lag friendly" build. You can still play glass canon build though but anything that requires fast kit switching like the power dps or 3 kit viper condi is going to be annoying.  Scrapper is overall a bit more forgiving to play than Holosmith since it's more tanky which is handy against champion/legendaries in open world but if you have some friend around, Holosmith can arguably be better since it provides more DPS.  Try both and see what's fitting for you but overall, Engineer is still playable even with high ping, at least in PVE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

For PVE, you will not be punished too much However in PVP and WvW you have to accept that you can go down to a random idiot because your ping messed up a combo. I know loosing because of your ping isnt the most fun way of loosing but nothing you can do about it. 

In PVE, you can always play condi trailblazer since it allows you to solo most stuff even with bad ping as long as you properly manage your heal and dodge. That is the most "lag friendly" build. You can still play glass canon build though but anything that requires fast kit switching like the power dps or 3 kit viper condi is going to be annoying.  Scrapper is overall a bit more forgiving to play than Holosmith since it's more tanky which is handy against champion/legendaries in open world but if you have some friend around, Holosmith can arguably be better since it provides more DPS.  Try both and see what's fitting for you but overall, Engineer is still playable even with high ping, at least in PVE

Thats good to know! Will give it a go and see what happens.