Can we see what changed for the new e-specs before Eod drops?

SeTect.5918

Are there notes coming before Eod drops?

Would be nice to see what changes for the Elite specs before Eod drops since there are still a bit less than 2 months to go if I trust the timer: https://thatshaman.com/tools/eod/.

I hope we get to see something to what changes.
Am pretty curious for the elite specs I chose to play. And for all others too obv.
Just the thing that I cant wait 2 months to see what changed so thats out of curiosity. 😄

Or is there anything they said about this and I didnt see it?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Are there notes coming before Eod drops?

Would be nice to see what changes for the Elite specs before Eod drops since there are still a bit less than 2 months to go if I trust the timer: https://thatshaman.com/tools/eod/.

I hope we get to see something to what changes.
Am pretty curious for the elite specs I chose to play. And for all others too obv.
Just the thing that I cant wait 2 months to see what changed so thats out of curiosity. 😄

Or is there anything they said about this and I didnt see it?

I haven't seen anything specific between Beta 4 and EoD launch.  We might get some news when the team is back to work in the next 2 weeks, but we might not too.

I would anticipate we will get patch notes for a Profession overhaul prior to EoD, and maybe a week or two to play with that.  I do not think we will get updates for the new eSpecs before launch.  If Untamed or Catalyst are basically unchanged, there will be much wailing, if they are massively changed, then there could be just as much tears until players can actually play them.

By waiting for EoD to reveal the 'final/launch day' version of the eSpecs, they at least buy themselves some time before the backlash from whichever profession gets the short stick.  Then they can focus down the real issues in a series of patches and then maybe 6 months to a year later actually fix the problems with the eSpecs in a balance patch (probably split for different game modes).

PS - Feb 28 is a Monday, and, at least for NA companies, it is typical for game launches happen on Tuesdays.  However, both HoT ands PoF appear to have launched on a Friday.

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
PS

I would say some elites need more work before being in release status. Instead delaying the whole expansion I would ask to release the elites after the expansion comes out. 

I wouldn't mind as long as they keep doing some beta events to test the changes. I am not talking about numbers but also some mechanical designs seems not to work very well with current game flow in different game modes. 

Sure. I would love to see it. Ready for more of the "Anet didn't listen to my the communities feedback!! They just made changed I didn't nobody asked for. Why ask for feedback if you are just going to ignore it all..."

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Sure. I would love to see it. Ready for more of the "Anet didn't listen to my the communities feedback!! They just made changed I didn't nobody asked for. Why ask for feedback if you are just going to ignore it all..."

Maybe for some of the specs, but the warrior mains were pretty consistent in their feedback on jokesworn and jokesaber.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

That's not what I saw during beta 4, they did implement changes based on players' feedback, for example reintroducing the pet's f-skills and making the unleashed visual effect fade after a few seconds instead of constantly being there during unleash.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

That's not what I saw during beta 4, they did implement changes based on players' feedback, for example reintroducing the pet's f-skills and making the unleashed visual effect fade after a few seconds instead of constantly being there during unleash.

That's my point though which I think you missed my point or the sarcasm that was indented.  You can trace a lot of the changes directly to some of the feedback threads here on the forum, on reddit, or other outlets, but the individuals I am on about claim Anet is ignoring all player feedback in its entirety because Anet didn't listen specifically to them or implement their ideas or other such sensationalist rhetoric. 

More on topic I am genuinely interested in the changes they have made as, barring reworks, these would likely be the end result / direction the spec is aimed at in the future and the direction Anet is looking to take and scope them. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't think we will... Releasing changes to speccs that people can't log in to or test generally grabs a extreme reaction. 

Let's cast our eyes back to willbender, players were going nuts on guardian forums screeching it needs nerfing after they showed it on stream. It launched in the worst state of all elites almost. 

Players rarely take information they can't try out well Someone sees their new specc getting nerfed and 0 ability to see how much the nerf affects the specc and you will get people screeching boycotting EoD til changes. 

Let's be honest the open beta test drove enough negativity surrounding the forums alone, there are people who deleted their main characters or quit the game and don't even look back after first wave betas. 

Even in the case of buffs people tend to immediately screech it's not enough. Let alone seeing nerfs. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I don't think we will... Releasing changes to speccs that people can't log in to or test generally grabs a extreme reaction. 

Let's cast our eyes back to willbender, players were going nuts on guardian forums screeching it needs nerfing after they showed it on stream. It launched in the worst state of all elites almost. 

Players rarely take information they can't try out well Someone sees their new specc getting nerfed and 0 ability to see how much the nerf affects the specc and you will get people screeching boycotting EoD til changes. 

Let's be honest the open beta test drove enough negativity surrounding the forums alone, there are people who deleted their main characters or quit the game and don't even look back after first wave betas. 

Even in the case of buffs people tend to immediately screech it's not enough. Let alone seeing nerfs. 

All we need are change notes to read to a few days prior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

That's my point though which I think you missed my point or the sarcasm that was indented.  You can trace a lot of the changes directly to some of the feedback threads here on the forum, on reddit, or other outlets, but the individuals I am on about claim Anet is ignoring all player feedback in its entirety because Anet didn't listen specifically to them or implement their ideas or other such sensationalist rhetoric. 

More on topic I am genuinely interested in the changes they have made as, barring reworks, these would likely be the end result / direction the spec is aimed at in the future and the direction Anet is looking to take and scope them. 

Hmm yes I missed your point.

23 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

This is spot on. People are allowed to give whatever feedback they want but if it is not consistent with the design vision and/or the data then Arenanet will act in whichever way they see fit.

Examples:

• Willbender: tradeoffs removed, aftercast removed for fluidity, condition option added
  • Vindicator: removed skill flip , Eternity's Requiem cast time reduction , damage dodge no longer 150 endurance , damage increase on Archemorus skills
  • Bladesworn: halved cast time of Dragon Trigger for starters , stability instead of fury in Dragon Trigger --- this may still need some work for competitive modes IMO ; nobody asked for a DPS nerf in PVE but it was breaking bosses' scripting with burst damage
  • Mechanist: UI improvements, more DPS on mace, addition of burning to confusion-only skills , shift signet made far stronger, stability added to crisis zone
  • Untamed: UI improvements , removal of damage loss on minor trait while not unleashed , unleash now 1s instead of 10s cooldown , utilities had unleash bonuses added
  • Specter: noone asked for nerfs but realistically 51K DPS as a support was going to be hit ; payoff for staying in shroud
  • Catalyst: jade sphere is no longer attunement dependent and you can have multiple spheres which is huge, small hitbox improvement due to lower radius on hammer orbs , projectile block and channel time adjustment on whirling stones , all utilities had effects improved, instant cast hammer 3 orbs
  • Virtuoso : auto blade stocking, an unblockable buff was added but it is situational ; unblockable added to Thousand Cuts ; phantasms gain crit chance from fury
  • Harbinger: blight dumping, elixir blight thresholds (although arguably not enough payoff) , lower blight health loss

Key point is Arenanet isn't going to implement any and every feedback by players as there would be more bug-testing involved , only the most impactful and easiest changes (numeric, UI buttons, or otherwise).

• Confused 4