EoD seem kinda cool, but Anet should announce they will work on 4th Expansion

6 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

citation needed

doesn't count, everything beyond "new GW related project" is kotaku's speculation.

How about this one?

https://massivelyop.com/2019/12/18/flameseeker-chronicles-guild-wars-2s-2019-year-in-review-from-icebrood-saga-to-the-future/

But I guess thats not enough either and only Mike himself coming and saying yes this was the reason would be enough right?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont want to come off as somebody with bad intentions.  Just making that clear first so it don't sound offensive.    But although End of Dragons will have some cool elements,  I dont

Are you high on something? Do you know what marketing is and how it works? Sales from EoD will fuel next development step, not some promise of far away expac - it needs money, not useless hype.

I don't think Anet need to release a statement for the community here. I think they need to release one for you. You keep mentioning the community, other players etc...but this is in fact just about y

16 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You should have used this one:  https://massivelyop.com/2019/10/15/flameseeker-chronicles-is-it-time-for-guild-wars-3/

Amidst the fallout from his departure, we confirmed earlier rumors that he and a handful of developers had been prototyping a possible Guild Wars 3, which failed to receive approval from ArenaNet’s parent company NCsoft.

Thank you for finding that one mate.

On 1/14/2022 at 2:54 AM, Linken.6345 said:

Well its quite nice that anet have already done so aswell right?

Next update is lunar new year and after that the expansion in feburary so it already speak about more then just the next update.

Festivals are just maintenance content that always shows up on a schedule.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
20 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

How about this one?

https://massivelyop.com/2019/12/18/flameseeker-chronicles-guild-wars-2s-2019-year-in-review-from-icebrood-saga-to-the-future/

But I guess thats not enough either and only Mike himself coming and saying yes this was the reason would be enough right?

That and the one from the fellow just below you are better, but in both case there is still "possible" Guild Wars 3, and it is still just reporters word for it.

That being said it wouldn't have to be Mike himself to confirm it - any official statement from either AN or NCSoft would do - could be in an interview.

If massivelyOP says that they managed to confirm that he "worked on prototyping possible GW3" I say it would be nice if they provided exact quote from confirmation and who was the source.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
3 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

That being said it wouldn't have to be Mike himself to confirm it - any official statement from either AN or NCSoft would do - could be in an interview.

They'll never confirm it. It'll be one of those things that only gets revealed long after when someone talks about their time back at the studio, but it was probably untitled and had no story yet, so no one could truly say.

All we know for sure is that ArenaNet was specifically hiring (a lot) for new game(s). There was apparently a mobile game, a console game, a pitch for a Dune game and what people believed was "GW3" (sample art 1, 2). The only information we have about them is from art that was posted by people who had worked at ArenaNet and had listed it as such. More info: dune game, mobile and ue4 game, unannounced project