EoD seem kinda cool, but Anet should announce they will work on 4th Expansion

4 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I am trying to figure out your point

I think Sig's point is mostly a product of misreading. Their takeaway was that you were speaking for the whole community instead of simply expressing your personal opinion. ..except your first post explicitly states 'I believe its in Anet's favor for the developers to make a clear and precise statement to the public soon after EoD release' followed by a list of your reasons why based on observations you've made. Sounds like a clearly-expressed personal opinion, if you ask me; I thought it was reasonable and not pretending to speak for everybody.

There have been a number of threads in the past where thread owners attempted to speak for the entire community and assert their personal opinions as fact, but I don't believe that happened here.

For the record, I think your assessment was correct (and ArenaNet appears to agree). I'm someone who didn't enjoy EoD and would like to see its offerings get additional development time, but I still found the announcement of their future plans to be reassuring. I'm firmly in the camp of 'hype machine broke', which means I no longer get pre-excited for ArenaNet releases until they get here and I can try them out, but just knowing they aren't flailing without any kind of plan is at least marginally better than 'we'll probably do something after EoD, no details'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1