What are your 5 most liked and disliked legendary weapons?

12 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Hate. The noise polution of the unicorns

This is why I have that sound toggled off in Options 🙂  PSA to all who don't know, there is a check box to mute other player sounds of that nature.  It won't mute it for you wielding the bow yourself, though, afaik.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

This is why I have that sound toggled off in Options 🙂  PSA to all who don't know, there is a check box to mute other player sounds of that nature.  It won't mute it for you wielding the bow yourself, though, afaik.

I know it exists, never tried how it works in pvp modes. Sound queues from other player are important in pvp modes. 

Binding of ipos - it is just cool I like the dark wizard theme it brings. Plus the book is pretty detailed. I will need to make this one at some point.

Xiuquatl - I made this one because it’s quite rare. Using it is so fun because it totally changes the vibe - like you have your pet dragon how cool is that?

Bolt - to me this one is a real classic and it has a very nice design. Also I think the lighting effect suits so many classes: Ele (storm), Engi (electricity systems), Mesmer (chaos storm), Warrior (looks powerful so y not), ranger (has lighting skills) , etc. Just all around nice weapon plus i love how rich the effects are.

Quip - ive been hating on this weapon until i made it because i needed the pistol. And it grew on me tremendously - the aura effect looks amazing and even the pistol itself looks Very interesting. Hope may have cooler sounds and more of a serious design but i think it is too immersion breaking with how advanced it is. Quip is more fantasy-like which fits the game imho.

Twilight - this one has always been perceived as the coolest legendary. The reason why people sleep on it is because … everyone made it first thing back in 2012 so it doesn’t have the rarity factor at all. The effects are just beautiful.

I don’t really have a list of least fav legendaries

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 1

As for myself...

5 Most liked:

• The Shining Blade - Not only i like the design and the colors, but i also love the fact that it is a actual legendary weapon from the lore of the game and not just some item that simply happens to be fancier (sometimes ridiculously so) than the "ordinary" ones. The thing that defines legends is their history after all, and this blade has one.
  • The Flameseeker's Prophecies - Same reasoning that for the Shining Blade. It's beautiful and has actually something to do with the lore. Too bad i don't use shields on any of my characters, otherwise i would have crafted it.
  • Pharus - This one has nothing to do with the lore (i think?) but i like it a lot for it's clean design that manages to be cool while being simple at the same time. Also, it goes well with any race/class unlike the other legendary longbow, Kudzu, which just screams "Sylvari" to me.
  • Exordium - I like the design of the weapon and the fact that it has different animations for different skills. The only problem is that its bright colors can be hard to match with a character look (i wish for dyable weapons. Make it happen, Anet!)
  • The Binding of Ipos - I mean, it's just so cool. 

5 Most Disliked:

• The Moot: - Seriously? A disco ball with trumpets? As a mace? What the hell was the designer smoking when he made this thing? It's just silly and feels out of place in the game. 
  • The Dreamer: - SERIOUSLY? A pink-ish shorbow which shoots unicorns with rainbow trails? Again, what the hell were you guys smoking? Plus it makes an incredibly annoying neigh every time it shoots an arrow. So on top of being silly it also bothers nearby players with its obnoxious sound effect. 
  • Shooshadoo - This one is seriously stupid. Who the hell would use an aquarium as a shield? This thing looks like it would shatter at the first hit it gets, and for a shield meant to block blows that's an utter failure. 
  • Flames of War - An ugly looking candelabra which seems too big and impractical to keep at your hip. Bah. Plus there are tons of exotic torches skins that looks way cooler than this thing. 
  • Kraitkin - I just hate Kraits and anything related to them, so i had to put this one on the list even though it's not that bad. 
Edited by Sir Alric.5078
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm just going to do one of each. I don't feel like talking about 10 different legendaries.

BEST: The Flameseeker Prophecies
The reason it's the best legendary is quite simple: every time I do Shield Bash with my warrior, I'm giving out history lessons of my historical exploits in GW1. It's like "You get a history lesson! You get a history lesson! Check out what I did! In your face!"
Plus it's just the most beautiful shield all around. There is nothing bad I can say about it, and that page turn is just a satisfying animation.

WORST: Shooshadoo
I don't like quaggans. For the most part they are way too dependent on external sources for survival. The only quaggan I even remotely respect is Shashoo because she steps up and takes command of her estranged squad and gets kitten done in Verdant Brink and at least tries not to refer to herself in the third-person. Then you have Suwash, the worst quaggan of all, who begs the player to clear out the Jetsam Pirates in Lornar's Pass so he can be the pirate leader instead. He does no fighting and just wallows in self-pity. The majority of the quaggans are not much better than Suwash.  "Quaggan can't do this alone." is heard in just about every event associated with quaggans. Quaggans are absolutely unworthy of being elevated to a legendary level item. It should have been a skin from the gem store for the players that like quaggans. It's a nice quaggan themed item, but quaggans suck overall so by extension, Shooshadoo sucks and should not have been a legendary.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was bored, so I did a ranking based on posts so far. I kept it simple: if someone said they like a weapon I gave it +1, if they said they don't I gave it -1. (A score of 0 means an equal number of people like it as dislike it.)

• Pharus 10
  • Astralaria 9
  • Nevermore 8
  • The Predator 8
  • Exordium 7
  • HOPE 7
  • The Shining Blade 7
  • The Binding of Ipos 6
  • The Flameseeker 6
  • Xiuquatl 6
  • The Bifrost 4
  • Eureka 3
  • Meterologicus 3
  • Claw of the Khan-Ur 2
  • Incinerator 2
  • Chuka and Champawat 1
  • The Juggernaut 1
  • Twilight 1
  • Bolt 0
  • Frenzy 0
  • Frostfang 0
  • Kudzu 0
  • Sharur 0
  • Verdarach 0
  • Kraitkin -1
  • Sunrise -1
  • The Minstrel -1
  • Rodgort -2
  • Eternity -3
  • Shooshadoo -5
  • The HMS Divinity -5
  • The Moot -6
  • Flames of War -8
  • Quip -8
  • The Dreamer -10

Also a special mention goes to Kamohoali'i Kotaki and Howler for being the only legendaries posters so far have been indifferent to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 1/4/2022 at 8:32 PM, Donari.5237 said:

FYI just in case anyone else is confused like the lovely person who whispered me in game earlier this evening this is a client side setting which affects what you hear and asking the person using the item to change their settings won't achieve anything at all.

• Like 1

Listed in priority order (i.e. Nevermore = best, Flames of War = worst)

Favourites:

1. Nevermore (great concept, great look)
  2. Flameseeker Prophecies (simply beautiful)
  3. Eternity (Sunrise, Twilight - I prefer Sunrise to Twilight, but together they are stonker) 
  4. The Binding of Ipos (amazing - great job hiding the player's balled fist)
  5. Verdarach (got the horn that grows when you put it in your hand? - hilarious!)

I also like Quip, Dreamer and Moot.

Crap:

1. Flames of War (ugly)
  2. Eureka (ugly)
  3. Meterologicus (ugly)
  4. Chuka and Champawat (ugly)
  5. The Minstrel (ugly)

Bonus marks go to Shooshadoo, which I think is beautiful, but is a crap concept.

Edited by Svarty.8019
  • Confused 1

Most disliked: first 3 weps don't look legendary they look plain.

Gen 2 mace Eureka, Gen 2 dagger Claw of the Khan-Ur, Gen 2 Torch  Flames of War , Gen 2 scepter Xiuquatl , Gen 1 Trident Kraitkin

Most liked : They look Legendary & have great effects

Gen 1 torch Rodgort, Gen 1 Great Sword Twilight, Gen 2 Sword The Shining Blade, Gen 2 staff Nevermore, Gen 2 Focus The Binding of Ipos

Honorary mentions :

The Dreamer - super fun | Shooshadoo - also fun | Bolt - Great effects | Incinerator - looks evil

Of course the problem with some of the legendaries is either the effects look really good but the weapon is lack luster or the weapon looks good but the effects are meh...  which some might think of with Bolt and Incinerator

The Dreamer for instance i think doesn't work well with most toons that use short bow: thief, ranger, rev it feels/sounds/ looks much more like a mesmer weapon. Mesmer's would rejoice if they ever got short bow as a new wep. heh Even though i like the weapon itself it's hard to make it fit with my fashion wars on these toons, its just out of place.

I myself have been debating for all of PoF on which shield to make. I like the effects of

The Flameseeker prophecies  
 but the weapon itself is meh vs the look of Shooshadoo is fun but the effects are meh. So i went with not making either 😄 Maybe EoD will change that?
Edited by Kelly.7019

2 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

Of course the problem with some of the legendaries is either the effects look really good but the weapon is lack luster or the weapon looks good but the effects are meh...  which some might think of with Bolt and Incinerator

The Dreamer for instance i think doesn't work well with most toons that use short bow: thief, ranger, rev it feels/sounds/ looks much more like a mesmer weapon. Mesmer's would rejoice if they ever got short bow as a new wep. heh Even though i like the weapon itself it's hard to make it fit with my fashion wars on these toons, its just out of place.

I suppose I'm lucky that I've never worried about my ranger looking like a ranger. Her colour scheme has been purple, blue and black since before GW2 existed (I use the same character concept in multiple games) so it wasn't hard for me to make the Dreamer fit.

She goes through plainer, darker outfits and brighter ones depending on my mood and sometimes it's definitely the brightest, most colourful part of it, but I've never felt like it was out of place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I suppose I'm lucky that I've never worried about my ranger looking like a ranger. Her colour scheme has been purple, blue and black since before GW2 existed (I use the same character concept in multiple games) so it wasn't hard for me to make the Dreamer fit.

She goes through plainer, darker outfits and brighter ones depending on my mood and sometimes it's definitely the brightest, most colourful part of it, but I've never felt like it was out of place.

I appreciate that it works for your ranger! Sounds lovely and well done.  I don't like the weapon, but I've seen characters it works for, and the effort put into an outfit to coordinate.  Lol I have the screaming unicorns on mute.  

I have Chuka and Champawat on my charr rev, so I leave the coolest little scratchy tracks and it makes me happy.  And that's what it's all about, what makes you smile or satisfied with your character and accomplishments.

• Like 1