A quick question for wvw Devs.

Animalazo.7105

Just one question that worries me, a wvw player from Baruch Bay.

Why my server, Baruch Bay never get a server link?

Day after day we got less and less population in wvw in this server, but, we only got a link with Vabbi (and i think that was by accident) several month (or one year) back.

And we must see internationals servers, or macro-server like Desolation, Gandara, Underworld, got links.

So, i would like to know what Dev use to base the servers link here.

• Confused 2

Because the day you got linked to Vabbi, some of you were very unwelcoming to them with stuff like "this is a spanish server, therefore stop talking english". 

It is worth mentioning there are tons of spanish people out of BB because of this, very toxic and unwelcoming community. Having four discord servers (there were four when I left) because you can't agree to each other doesn't help either.

Edited by Telgum.6071
Typo

Baruch is the only official Spanish server. As such it both never fills (Baruch never goes on full) and also does not receive a link even when at Very High.

Meanwhile it is also a server with a high night time activity (for EU time zone) due to a lot of international Spanish speaking players from outside the EU being there.

Look at 2:00 - 7:00 am in Tier 4 https://gw2mists.com/matches/eu. Baruch dominates servers WITH links 2 to 1.

It's been an issue for a long time now. Both because night time activity leads to inflated ppt scores, as well as to increase in player hours spent in WvW without having opponents. This leads to lacking player numbers during prime time.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Because the day you got linked to Vabbi, some of you were very unwelcoming to them with stuff like "this is a spanish server, therefore stop talking english". 

It is worth mentioning there are tons of spanish people out of BB because of this, very toxic and unwelcoming community. Having four discord servers (there were four when I left) because you can't agree to each other doesn't help either.

So what you are telling me is that, because of a few trolling players, an entire server should be punished?

When we were with Vabbi, yes there were people saying nonsense, as everywhere, but for each one like that, we were 5 or 6 times more cheering the people of Vabbi, we had commanders commanding in English, even if they didn't even know how to speak it.

And if indeed that is the reason that Baruch never got any link, Dev should make it a international server.

1 hour ago, BunnyTRICK.9172 said:

server like Desolation, Gandara, Underworld, got links.

Yes, put Gandara as an example, a server that literally never gets links even when much more populated (T1) servers get them back to back. Now by some miracle it actually got linked. Good job buddy, you must surely pay attention to links and changes of population of other servers and not just randomly posting a thread because your server lost a matchup or two.

• Thanks 1

You can have a high population server.  That does not translate to a high population server that will play WvW.  Right now if your not linked it's because you have too many WvW active players on your server, more so than the other servers.  Consider that a blessing.  Give you an idea of one of Anet's worst WvW mistakes for North America.  We started losing a lot of WvW players, and because of that, they started to link servers to fill that population.  However most of these linked servers weren't always equal early on.  One server link put two of the top servers together.  Jade Quarry and Blackgate.  We were only linked once, but once was enough.  We did so much damage within 2 days, that the other server links basically stopped playing WvW for the next several weeks.  The score was a complete upset, and the domination was beyond ludicrous.  Anet has never linked us like that ever again.  Links were then always top high population servers linked with the smallest.

Truthfully, even getting a link hasn't done Deso any good anyway, after that WSR stacked link; where both WSR and Deso dropped to high for 2 weeks while dominating T1.

Because, being stuck in T1 and also being full with a high pve population, which many are fairweather players and an active night population, keeps it over the Full threshold.

Deso isn't the same place in terms of having wvw/gvg guilds or open tags anymore, even with the state of the game mode, after the mass exodus of guilds from there since 2020.

Edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048