Its about time for Eod trailer!!

1 hour ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

with one month await , at the begining of new year  anet what happend what are you waiting for ? this stuff is importent for marketing and increase the hype especilly if we want to add more people to this amazing game

Uhm, we've had EoD trailers already - several in fact. :classic_huh:

If you are waiting for one in the style of other MMOs, then I am afraid you will be disappointed. ANet doesn't do those.

9 hours ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

They were not a trailer, 

Yes, they were. This is as much as you will get from ANet. There has never been a single trailer in the past that spoiled anything in depth about the story.

5 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

We still need the release trailer, with the complete features. 

You mean vague ones like the previous expansions had? (The HoT one even features a scene that you will not find in the actual expansion.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You mean vague ones like the previous expansions had? (The HoT one even features a scene that you will not find in the actual expansion.)

Oh. My bad. I was thinking they always did a prerelease trailer with all the features.

At the moment we have like what 15 seperate teasers for each feature which they released after the initialy announcements. 

If you want to attract new players or return old vet's at least give it in one trailer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Oh. My bad. I was thinking they always did a prerelease trailer with all the features.

At the moment we have like what 15 seperate teasers for each feature which they released after the initialy announcements. 

If you want to attract new players or return old vet's at least give it in one trailer.

Perhaps ANet will surprise us this time and will make a launch trailer like they did for the Living World episodes, which usually did explicitly feature details about new content like maps, items, and other features. Who knows?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

After the first reveal stream i typed in the youtube trailer video 
"Its a nice escenic trailer. But the expansion needs a feature trailer" 

Like 6 months after..and still no a overview of all the expansion in a video that can be easily marketed to friends. At the moment we do have the features but in like 10 videos, some in livestream.

I doesnt have to be espectacular only a overview.

They did it with HoT when they did announcement it. 

Anet also had done this work in some LS trailers in a more simple way
Example are in recent patches as IBS and some LS4

In the other hand, other mmos also have them in their expansion and they are a good way to show the features.

FF14 also did some of this for their patches.

Dont take me wrong. I know that most of this trailers are like some scenes with big letters.... and yes they are. They are a overview.. if the feature is good or bad, is not because of the trailer.

Edited by Alkariel.5670
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Man if I made the trailer it would go like this.

It would open with the narrator talking about the wars and previous xpacs, you survived the jungle and bested Mordremoth, you discovered new lands and took up the sword again to fight new threats to our world, from the jungles to the deserts to the frozen lands, you have defended against and defeated the greatest threats to Tyria. Now once again a distant land calls, a lost world is found, a new adventure awaits.

Have the video show the battles and lands it relates to as the narrator speaks, show the combat and the hero riding across the desert, or soaring the skies above , Show the new land opening up through a fog and the forest and zones with their creatures, and the other highlights, and at the end as the camera fades out something massive glides through the dark  water and we see a giant eye of a creature hidden in the darkness as bubbles stream around it....fade out.

Because new players wont understand whats going on really, you need a little backstory in the trailers too.

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Because new players wont understand whats going on really, you need a little backstory in the trailers too.

That's generally not something that's being done very often. Just look at FF XIV's Shadowbringers trailer. It's one of the best trailers i have seen, and yet there's practically no backstory in it at all (even when it shows past events, they have absolutely no context to new players). Endwalker one has a little bit more "backstory", but that one also can be only understood by those that played previous expansions. And Stormblood one is just "we're going to the east. There will be martial arts and samurais".

Yes, new players are not going to understand what's going on in story in a game that has several years of story behind it. To understand it, they should not start with the newest expansion, but rather at the very beginning.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's generally not something that's being done very often. Just look at FF XIV's Shadowbringers trailer. It's one of the best trailers i have seen, and yet there's practically no backstory in it at all (even when it shows past events, they have absolutely no context to new players). Endwalker one has a little bit more "backstory", but that one also can be only understood by those that played previous expansions. And Stormblood one is just "we're going to the east. There will be martial arts and samurais".

Yes, new players are not going to understand what's going on in story in a game that has several years of story behind it. To understand it, they should not start with the newest expansion, but rather at the very beginning.

Yes I know but its nice to have a little history in there too. BTW im a sucker for game cinematic trailers, they are works of art to me and it was almost 20 years ago when I saw the trailer that would set the standard in the industry.

I think game cinematics should feel epic and move you stir passion to play and be that hero, or villain you see on screen.  I would love to see EoD with more epic moments in it and and battle. It comes down to not only the visual effect but the timing of the music and voice that can make a trailer epic.

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

BTW im a sucker for game cinematic trailers, they are works of art to me and it was almost 20 years ago when I saw the trailer that would set the standard in the industry.

Yes, too bad the game looks nothing like that but is a fest of ugly child cartoon-colors, designs and animations. The #1 reason I only tried WoW for half an hour at a friend's place and then never touched it again.

There is a reason why cinematic trailers, as great as they look, are not favorable for advertisement: they are simply deceiving.

On 1/12/2022 at 8:55 AM, Chrysaliss.8720 said:

Unfortunately A-net is terrible at making trailers. And the EoD trailer we got was probably the worst trailer I have ever seen for an MMORPG.

That's cute. Now let me fix that for you. Enjoy LOTRO Mordor trailer in glorius 480p

https://youtu.be/JX7Wm29hts8

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

I would say it is not a very good trailer, but it is likely about all we will get.  😎

Nah, we will still get a (pre-)release trailer, but it's still not going to be a cinematic one. There is still a chance it will highlight all known features and perhaps even give a tiny glimpse at the story.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Nah, we will still get a (pre-)release trailer, but it's still not going to be a cinematic one. There is still a chance it will highlight all known features and perhaps even give a tiny glimpse at the story.

I have no desire for a cinematic trailer, I want a good game-play trailer. I want to see what I am actually getting.  But I have never really seen a good GW2 trailer...  City of Heroes/Villains sure got a lot more marketing.😎

On 1/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, Tiviana.2650 said:

Yes I know but its nice to have a little history in there too. BTW im a sucker for game cinematic trailers, they are works of art to me and it was almost 20 years ago when I saw the trailer that would set the standard in the industry.

I think game cinematics should feel epic and move you stir passion to play and be that hero, or villain you see on screen.  I would love to see EoD with more epic moments in it and and battle. It comes down to not only the visual effect but the timing of the music and voice that can make a trailer epic.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane ... And I felt some major nostalgia for Northrend watching the Lich King trailer 🤩

• Like 1