Bring back half of the orignal damage from CC of Warriors

JinONplay.8905

You know what Anet big mistake was? instead of just nerfing the damage of CC by 50% they just over nerfed the damage by 95%

What the hell was Anet Thinking? Did they really think making CC to have have NO DAMAGE was a good idea?

The Nerf absolutely trashed warrior from a good dualist that actually felt like a warrior, into nothing more than a punching bag.

They Made warrior a "survivalist". Even as a "survivalist" it barely keeps up with the other specs that has better survivability because of it's utilities.

I'll be honest, GW2 warrior is the WORST warrior that in any MMO i have played, Hell, even Runescape warrior builds felt more like warrior than this sorry excuse.

And honestly i don't think the balance team EVER played warrior right now, if they did they NEVER would let it become this bad.

I Doubt Anet would ever revive warrior from it's grave, i never saw the developers Revive something from the dead.

Good job Anet, You just killed, spitted and pissed a once beloved class.

Also good job for Proving yourselves to be untrustworthy of doing good decisions, you barely talk to your own community or even listen to this point.

Edited by JinONplay.8905
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Because they thought it was good idea/sufficient enough to have only 1 dev aka CMC be in charge of balancing instead of re-forming a actual team for balancing. Which he promptly took a sledgehammer to, with wide sweeping blanket changes, CC changes were bad and could have been fixed by making certain abilities not crittable. So we can all make haha hydration meme jokes, while classes that were supposed to be fixed after intentionally breaking things never got fixed, and repeated whack-a-mole nerfing. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

It is Just so sad and really just stupid. Like what are they even thinking, warrior is always the most popular choice no matter the game. So effectively they drove away a potentially big niche of players. Just dumb no other words to describe that.

I would love to see a warrior comeback still hoping but yeah …

• Like 4

No damage on all CC was and still is an absolute joke. 

Damage should be in proportion to the skill used.

For example: Hammer 5. Big slow melee swing called 'backbreaker'

I feel offended when this skill crits me for 13 damage because I feel like the game is calling me spineless 

Whereas if I were using mace and I decided to try an instant cast pommel bash, that would still do damage!

Yes, a simple pommel bash does more damage than a giant thrown boulder, a giant laser beam cannon thing, and an executioner's scythe capable of freezing people solid. Combined.

🤡 🎺

• Like 15

Classes that require the CC, aka Warr and some special cases on other classes, just need built-in functions. 

The concensus rn on Warr is: Body Blow becomes a "All Crown Control Skills now deal a blow of Dmg which scales to the time the enemy is being controlled but cannot crit" 

I actually just added that middle part myself, but it makes sense. Why should a 1 sec stun do as much dmg as a 4 sec knockdown right? Remove the crit, have some relatively mid base dmg like 1000 dmg per cc and a +10% of dmg per additional sec of cc. 

• Like 1

It was a bad suggestion last year and it did not become better just like that.

CC are fine without damage, they already have an impact big enough + You do not make an exception “just because I want to” + Damage is not the part in need of improvement on warrior.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

A huge amount of warriors abilities were designed and balanced in a environment when damage and hard CC was not mutually exclusive

They never adjusted any of the abilities to compensate for the loss of damage on CC skills which left warriors with a bunch of neutered/useless abilities and severely limited their choices for viable builds in pvp

Warrior is plagued by easily avoidable attacks that pretty much rely on CC to set up combos, but with the total nerf of damage on half their combo pieces other classes can even further invalidate a lot of warriors attacks by just facetanking the CC with stability and stunbreaks while saving their defensives for the only damage dealing attacks.

The blanket nerf on ALL hard CC is such a lazy and stupid decision.

If CC spam was a problem then just individually balance the abilities that are causing problems to do little damage.

• Like 5

honestly hammer need to get ALL of its damage back. (on warrior)

if they wanted to balance damage on CC skills it should have been done on a skill by skill bases,

not lazily slap zero damage on every cc skill across the board.

feb 2020 patch will always remain the laziest and worst patch i've seen in any game that i've played.

hammer was already an unused weapon on warrior, and to nerf it out of the game was unforgivable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Classes that require the CC, aka Warr and some special cases on other classes, just need built-in functions. 

The concensus rn on Warr is: Body Blow becomes a "All Crown Control Skills now deal a blow of Dmg which scales to the time the enemy is being controlled but cannot crit" 

I actually just added that middle part myself, but it makes sense. Why should a 1 sec stun do as much dmg as a 4 sec knockdown right? Remove the crit, have some relatively mid base dmg like 1000 dmg per cc and a +10% of dmg per additional sec of cc. 

Add the effect of extra dmg on successfull interupt on top for rewarding timing your cc and we are golden. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

Nope, no dmg on CC. 

Maybe more resources on utility, better traits, but def no dmg on ccs, that make no sense at all. 

CMC is on record saying that damage on CC is fine if you have to trait for it. See Terror, Lightening Rod, and Power Block and other such traits. Warriors just want the same thing on Body Blow instead of the one measly stack of bleed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

CMC is on record saying that damage on CC is fine if you have to trait for it. See Terror, Lightening Rod, and Power Block and other such traits. Warriors just want the same thing on Body Blow instead of the one measly stack of bleed.

Warriors do not need a triat for CC damage because they are still wars and that would seriously make them OP.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This is why we can't have nice things @Vancho.8750, @Grand Marshal.4098, @CalmTheStorm.2364. People can't handle an equally tuned warrior.

Warriors are not nearly as bad as warrior mains proclaim. With a CC trait they would burst as hard as Chrono and still be as tanky as warrior. Some classes just do not have enough stability to cope with the CC already much less CC that damages you know this don't be coy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Warriors are not nearly as bad as warrior mains proclaim. With a CC trait they would burst as hard as Chrono and still be as tanky as warrior. Some classes just do not have enough stability to cope with the CC already much less CC that damages you know this don't be coy.

Not being Coy. Warrior is much worse off than you think. I'll let CTS chime in with the count of warrior representation in the MATs.

Warrior's sustain is almost good enough, its damage almost good enough, and its mobility almost good enough, but when you pair that up against several specs that are WAY overtuned in comparison that just results in warrior not being good enough in reality.

Does it have a decent chassis? Sure, but its trait lines and weapons are out of date to the point where that chassis no longer matters like it once did.

Now, we can have a conversation about what the other specs need to have nerfed so that they are not overtuned and brought down to warrior level's of tuning, or we can discuss targeted buffs to warrior so that it is at least good enough at something relative to the other specs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1