Bring back half of the orignal damage from CC of Warriors

If my abilities would connect, maybe I would agree with the comments "warrior damage is fine". But after 100 dagger 2 or dagger bursts not connecting to a target I just chain pulled (and is in knockdown), that is literally next to me, or rush going in the exact opposite direction (even though I gave it space and I didn't use it right next to the target).

No. Warrior damage is not fine. Have you played it?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what Anet big mistake was? instead of just nerfing the damage of CC by 50% they just over nerfed the damage by 95% What the hell was Anet Thinking? Did they really think making CC to hav

No damage on all CC was and still is an absolute joke.  Damage should be in proportion to the skill used.   For example: Hammer 5. Big slow melee swing called 'backbreaker' I feel

It was a bad suggestion last year and it did not become better just like that. CC are fine without damage, they already have an impact big enough + You do not make an exception “just because I wa

1 minute ago, Hotride.2187 said:

If my abilities would connect, maybe I would agree with the comments "warrior damage is fine". But after 100 dagger 2 or dagger bursts not connecting to a target I just chain pulled (and is in knockdown), that is literally next to me, or rush going in the exact opposite direction (even though I gave it space and I didn't use it right next to the target).

No. Warrior damage is not fine. Have you played it?

Thats not a damage problem but just that some spells that are clunky to use

• Like 1
Just now, Guirssane.7082 said:

Thats not a damage problem but just that some spells that are clunky to use

And what is the result, do you think? When literally half your damage is unreliable? Or you expect those abilities will be fixed?

2 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

And what is the result, do you think? When literally half your damage is unreliable? Or you expect those abilities will be fixed?

stop spamming your ability and use them at the right time, you cant tell me you're missing your gs3 or dagger2 half the time on a stationary target?

Edited by Guirssane.7082
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
2 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

stop spamming your ability and use them at the right time, you cant tell me you're missing your gs3 or dagger2 half the time on a stationary target?

I already listed the skills that miss, and I already said when they miss (on a target that just got pulled from chain). Happens all the time when I duel in wvw.

I'm not spamming my abilities. Also the "stationary target" is really funny.

2 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I already listed the skills that miss, and I already said when they miss (on a target that just got pulled from chain). Happens all the time when I duel in wvw.

I'm not spamming my abilities. Also the "stationary target" is really funny.

Its stationary when its pulled from chain dont you agree? he is knocked down dude

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

I dislike that players keep pegging all the changes the devs make on very certain things, like forum whining. You do realise they collect mountains of data metrics in real-time from the game, right? They know whether or not something is overperforming, they don't need your "gut feeling".

Pre-nerf Warrior was infamous for things like going into Rampage and killing someone before they could ever respond. This is why CC got nerfed so hard; it was mainly Warrior.

I understand the reluctance to accept this, but if you've ever played an MMO you'd understand just how busted GW2 was. Before the February patch there was a hundred-and-one ways to roll your opponent without them ever fighting back (instant kills, CC chaining with big damage, and so on), from various classes, and in a competitive mode taking away your enemy's ability to compete is very bad for the game.

That said I do agree damage needs to be added back to their Hammer, and somewhat to Rampage. Someone suggested before that their CC skills should just never crit, and I think that's ideal.

Maybe add a trait for it, similar to Necro's Fear.

Basing game changes purely off of metrics will make the game feel "out of touch" with the player base. Also, data is more guidelines than law. It's heavily dependent on how it's gathered, interpreted,  and presented. In short, from an analytics data guy, metrics in this situation are good to use to get a feel for how things are going but for something like balance it takes a lot of human feelback and more than just pure data analysis. Specially since you have to consider how "fun" things are. 

As far as pre-nerf warrior, they could have just nerfed some of the damage on their harder hitting CC skills and rampage, like the better the CC the lower the damage BUT they still pack enough of a punch that getting hit by them is not ideal,  that's really all it needed. Removing damage from warrior's CC completely really messed up their class design, specially due to how easy it is now days to counter CC. True, you can still stun lock someone into a burst skill but now the class is heavily dependent (more so than before) on landing that one telegraphed attack. A good player if caught will just wait out your CC chain to stun break and avoid things like arcing slice or eviscerate. There really is no "punishment" for being hit by their CC other than costing you a stun break or possibly an invlun of some kind. 

There are still a 101 ways to roll your opponent without them fighting back., specially against a warrior (blind spam, block/evade spam, stealth, teleporting, ect.) While those skills don't "feel" as bad as being CC chained they have the same effect, it removes your opponents ability to fight back without burning some sort of important cooldowns. If you look at what's currently meta builds or "problem" builds you'll notice that most of them revolve around giving your opponent the least amount of agency to fight back. 

The trait idea isn't a terrible idea but that would pigeon hole warriors into taking it, guaranteed. Kind of like how Discipline is now. Sure, you can get away not running Discipline but whatever the build is will be less than sub optimal. 

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Its stationary when its pulled from chain dont you agree? he is knocked down dude

While the problem he is talking about is separate than what this thread is about, he has a point and it loosely ties into the topic. As a fairly experienced warrior player and dueling/watching other better warriors, important skills are already inconsistent even with CC. I can't tell you how many times I've have/seen pulled, knocked down, stunned someone just to have breaching strike or dagger 2 leap over them and not hit even though I have them targeted and facing them. Rush is also really wonky in the same way. Hell, I've even had 100 blades miss a few times because I've pull them with mage bane into Rush and Rush decided to position me behind them or for some reason hit and end outside of melee rang. The point being that if warrior's damage is tied completely into 2-3 telegraphed skills now because CC does no damage, and those skills are already fairly inconsistent to hit, then the lack of damage on CC hurts the profession even more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Well I couldn't count the amount of times I've watched my arc slice literally go thru opponents like they were ghosts lol 0 damage done. I play with avg 35 ping and 60 fps so doubt issue is on my side and happens almost at least once a March if not more. Not sure what spamming has to do with  how dependable  warriors skills are. Pathing on bullscharge and stampede are also buggy, has u often going in opposite direction of the players chosen direction.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

I mean what warrior need to be good again is simple:

1. Damage back on cc (made them non crit able)

or

2. A straigth buff to All its weaponskills for arounf 33% to compensate the lost of cc damage 

So out of this 2 options i would love to get the number 1 since it give warriors a unique Effect and also wouldnt be too overperforming. The second point would maybe end up in a crying for nerfs again by the Bader players since most of them arent able to dodge hight Telegraphed burst skills.

EDIT: I would also love to see some defence buffs means less cd on some skills. We are bound to rampage cause of skills get over a Minute cd.

Edited by Pati.2438
On 1/5/2022 at 1:37 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

Literally no resistance uptime was that high to be that good against condis, that change did nothing but removing builds against the condi bomb on soloQ.

doesnt have to be high, resist was busted.
Imagine getting endure pain on steroids as a boon, thats how bad it was against condi builds.
getting 4s of invulnerability from a rune, or from things like FB tome pulsing resist was degenerate
It did what every other boon does but better.
Resist = Endure pain against condi
Resist = Protection ( as enemy vulnerability no longer works )
Resist = Swiftness ( but better, as everyone vomints cripple )
Resist = stab ( immob/taunt/fear is as common as hard CC )
Resist = alac ( as chill doesnt work, loads off necros everywhere )

Edited by FarmBotXD.1430
42 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

doesnt have to be high, resist was busted.
Imagine getting endure pain on steroids as a boon, thats how bad it was against condi builds.
getting 4s of invulnerability from a rune, or from things like FB tome pulsing resist was degenerate
It did what every other boon does but better.
Resist = Endure pain against condi
Resist = Protection ( as enemy vulnerability no longer works )
Resist = Swiftness ( but better, as everyone vomints cripple )
Resist = stab ( immob/taunt/fear is as common as hard CC )
Resist = alac ( as chill doesnt work, loads off necros everywhere )

Didnt Warrior have like two buttons it could use to apply resistance, four if it took spellbreaker?  
Hardly worth butchering it to this extent then nerfing resistance on top of it. 

• Thanks 1

All CC get their damage back (yes, not just warriors; everybody does), but CC can't crit anymore.

There, some classes (like warrior) aren't castrated anymore, without having to worry about throw boulder being some heatseeking 9k nuke with 3s stun on top of that.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

No.

Move on.

Get better at war, it is not weak, you are not good at it.

Bye.

I feel like this is everyone who doesn't want a class they don't like getting buffed. 

"The class is fine, you're just bad." God forbid it be about their class though, it ABSOLUTELY needs buffs and when they win, it's all skill and they're totally not carried by strong mechanics. **Cough** ShadowArts&SmokeScreen **Cough**

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

I feel like this is everyone who doesn't want a class they don't like getting buffed. 

"The class is fine, you're just bad." God forbid it be about their class though, it ABSOLUTELY needs buffs and when they win, it's all skill and they're totally not carried by strong mechanics. **Cough** ShadowArts&SmokeScreen **Cough**

I use deadly arts

I don't slot smokescreen.

I won't miss those when they are gone.

Stunchain war is oppressive and frustrating.

Having the damage back after have been on both sides of the stick is a no from me.

I imagine some of the guys realized they can keep people chain stunned, launched, and knockdown and found it to be funny, but were not getting the microscopic ttk that they were hoping for.

I've been on the receiving end from multicoloredhipsters stunlock war as a reminder, and confirmation that some are good and some are bad.

Some of the better NA pvp warrior haunt the FFA more than anything.

It's not that war is bad, a few interactions have changed and some won't adapt.

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Question is hammer the go to weapon now for PVP zerker? 

Just now, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

I didn't ask or mention what you use, just making a statement I feel is relevant to the comment. Especially when the comment made is hilariously ignorant and unaware.

Nah, you mentioned those for a reason.

Had nothing to do with the thread.

I play warrior, and I'm not ignorant to what it can do.

Let metabattle be YOUR guide I guess....lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

@Crab Fear.1624 So the only reason why you say no it dont need damage back on cc is basicly a build that is only build around spaming cc skills? I meam there are actually 2 builds that COULD doing it but well they are 1v1 only and get smashed when plused even in a 1v1 you could easily kill him on other classes than warrior (warrior got too high stunbrake CD so it ends ub in beeing a warrior destroy build than other classes) cause other classes got blinds aegis stealth teleports less CD on stunbrakes or at least a second lifebar.

EDIT: Bring damage on cc back as the numbers but non critable in pvp/wvw only (otherwise classes like Ranger thief mes didnt get punished by eat a high telegraphed cc skill)

Edited by Pati.2438
2 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Nah, you mentioned those for a reason.

Had nothing to do with the thread.

I play warrior, and I'm not ignorant to what it can do.

Let metabattle be YOUR guide I guess....lol

Playing it and understanding it are two completely different things. The skills I brought up were just examples of the point I was making about people and their respective class biases, be they in favor of their liked classes or against their disliked ones. 

Arguing warrior is alright and that people need to just 'git gud' because you can stall out with Spellbreaker when the overwhelming majority of the class' skills are just bad is terribly ignorant. 

• Like 1
On 1/4/2022 at 6:59 PM, JinONplay.8905 said:

You know what Anet big mistake was? instead of just nerfing the damage of CC by 50% they just over nerfed the damage by 95%

What the hell was Anet Thinking? Did they really think making CC to have have NO DAMAGE was a good idea?

The Nerf absolutely trashed warrior from a good dualist that actually felt like a warrior, into nothing more than a punching bag.

They Made warrior a "survivalist". Even as a "survivalist" it barely keeps up with the other specs that has better survivability because of it's utilities.

I'll be honest, GW2 warrior is the WORST warrior that in any MMO i have played, Hell, even Runescape warrior builds felt more like warrior than this sorry excuse.

And honestly i don't think the balance team EVER played warrior right now, if they did they NEVER would let it become this bad.

I Doubt Anet would ever revive warrior from it's grave, i never saw the developers Revive something from the dead.

Good job Anet, You just killed, spitted and pissed a once beloved class.

Also good job for Proving yourselves to be untrustworthy of doing good decisions, you barely talk to your own community or even listen to this point.

100%  warrior is bad joke for a long while..  and id say its either make physical skills for warrior special and stand out as cc + damage or entirely rework warriors uitility and weapons