Perma Stealth Thiefs - What to do?

Virdo.1540

2 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

This thread is about perma stealth, now it's about thief mobility? It's easier to address one thing only per thread. Then again, it is a HUGE thread and not read every post so maybe it's going around in circles with just new people adding their "I hate this..." to it.

But about the mobility you mention? Said many times, thief gets mobility because thief does not get stability, it does not get protection or other boons. It's mitigations *are* mobility (though we do have bandits defence if daredevil as a block). Many smaller nerfs to prevent mobility mean you'll force it into stealth even more (while obliterating  weapon set - sword), and worse still, that won't address the ability to reset the fight because... they could stealth up and move out of combat range.

You'd need a massive re-work if you nerf mobility because what would the thief be about?

Meanwhile, perma stealth can be addressed; they already do it with a reveal debuff via guards/markers etc. Make it game wide (i.e. to stealth, from any source). 

This is what happens when people want to balance a class that they don't play.
If it is no longer the invisibility, then it is the mobility and then the evasion. Thief nerf Threads are a neverending Story.  These people don't realize that the thief has no defensive boons at all (and also not blocks on demand, invul, regen or insane heal). While other classes can play their denfensive passively often the thief has to act actively. 

If now the thief has no invisibility and also no mobility anymore, the class is really deleted and that's what they want, because they are not able to learn and see everything as OP what they don't understand or can kill quickly. 

There are also complete cheese things with other classes.  Whether this is more difficult to play I doubt quite strongly. I play cele harbinger at the moment and also renegade..... god is that brainded.

I have already been able to persuade 3 x Thief Haters to play the thief for a day. The result was that they failed miserably.

Another who now plays in my guild, after 9 years now plays the thief more regularly and finds it one of the hardest classes after the Ele & Mesmer. In larger battles through the hectic even as the hardest because you have to pay attention to so much at once. Since you as a thief also very often get no support in the squad (focus Group).

And with EoD there are several high mobility specs now for other classes too. Some needs buff but the mobility OP argument on thief is now pretty stupid.

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Thanks 4

On 3/11/2022 at 11:26 PM, Kontrolle.3514 said:

the most kitten mechanic and class balance in the history of mmo. Roamers have to endure this garbage for 9 jears now. It kills the fun for everyone. This class alone is the reason why most people, that i know stopped playing, including me. Im just here for EoD for a while. I also write my 2 cents  every time i visit this forum in such a thread. 

Same person btw:

On 4/7/2022 at 2:24 PM, Kontrolle.3514 said:

This game is old and needs new players. But (...) with crybabys all over the forum/internet it will be difficult. 

On 3/30/2022 at 7:09 AM, Kontrolle.3514 said:

you guys are disgusting, go back to the pvp you ruined. Your constant crying is destroying our support classes that we need for zergvszerg to be fun. Just leave please. Quit the game, play new world, go PvE or spvp just leave

On 3/30/2022 at 4:00 PM, Kontrolle.3514 said:

Your complains and the tears that you cry.

On 4/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, Kontrolle.3514 said:

You sir should stop playing this game please.  Its actually people like you ruining it. Your constant whining because you cant instagib zergs on your solo SN camping weaver is annoying.

tl;dr: all this forum crying is destroying the game! ...unless it's Kontrolle's crying, then it's k. 😄

On 3/11/2022 at 11:26 PM, Kontrolle.3514 said:

There is always a thread like this in wvw. Always, since 9 jears.

News flash: there's always a complaint about everything on the forum, since 9 years. You just agree with some of them -which then you ignore or claim they specifically "destroy the game"- and disagree with others -which then you call "crying" and claim they also specifically "destroy the game". 🙄 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

This thread is about perma stealth, now it's about thief mobility? It's easier to address one thing only per thread. Then again, it is a HUGE thread and not read every post so maybe it's going around in circles with just new people adding their "I hate this..." to it.

But about the mobility you mention? Said many times, thief gets mobility because thief does not get stability, it does not get protection or other boons. It's mitigations *are* mobility (though we do have bandits defence if daredevil as a block). Many smaller nerfs to prevent mobility mean you'll force it into stealth even more (while obliterating  weapon set - sword), and worse still, that won't address the ability to reset the fight because... they could stealth up and move out of combat range.

You'd need a massive re-work if you nerf mobility because what would the thief be about?

Meanwhile, perma stealth can be addressed; they already do it with a reveal debuff via guards/markers etc. Make it game wide (i.e. to stealth, from any source). 

Haha, well, the other guy outright asked me for that comment so I'm sorry it didn't fit your expectations as an answer to him or her. I'm starting to think tonight is the twighlight zone where people are qouting things and not reading. You qoute a post that itself has a qoute that clearly asks my broader opinion. Then you ridicule the qoute claiming new people hop in to add things without reason. Finally, you say "the mobility you mention" when there are 100 words that you qouted and "mobility" is not mentioned a single time 🤡.

It doesn't say mobility, it says escapability. It says that because stealth is apart of that larger issue, stealth being an escape, that has a number of things combining into it. If you are going to press me about an answer on stealth itself I might align myself with the Thieves and say that stealth doesn't need any nerfs at all. For example, the traits that remove conditions on stealth adds to its escapability and it is rather things like that which are problematic than stealth itself in a raw untraited state. Similarily, perma stealth isn't perma stealth without SA traits. So is the problem the stealth or the traits? Not all classes have reveals, not all specs on a class with a reveal has reveal. Things like cleanses or stunbreaks are far more readily available. Is this an issue with stealth?

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Azaessevar.8051 said:

Dear Anet:

I cannot kill thief so please nerf it now so I can stop crying.

Thanks

No, I legitimately believe perma stealth should not be a part of the game. Period. 

There is no reason or rationale behind it. It's just trash tier game design. I mean... permanent stealth. Says it all right there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

Haha, well, the other guy outright asked me for that comment so I'm sorry it didn't fit your expectations as an answer to him or her. I'm starting to think tonight is the twighlight zone where people are qouting things and not reading. You qoute a post that itself has a post that clearly asks my broader opinion. Then you ridicule the qoute claiming new people hop in to add things without reason. Finally, you say "the mobility you mention" when there are 100 words that you qouted and "mobility" is not mentioned a single time 🤡.

It doesn't say mobility, it says escapability. It says that because stealth is apart of that larger issue, stealth being an escape, that has a number of things combining into it. If you are going to press me about an answer on stealth itself I might align myself with the Thieves and say that stealth doesn't need any nerfs at all. For example, the traits that remove conditions on stealth adds to its escapability and it is rather things like that which are problematic than stealth itself in a raw untraited state. Similarily, perma stealth isn't perma stealth without SA traits. So is the problem the stealth or the traits? Not all classes have reveals, not all specs on a class with a reveal has reveal. Things like cleanses or stunbreaks are far more readily available. Is this an issue with stealth?

Ah, well, I apologise that English is not your native language in that case. May be in future I can utilise words of single syllables so you understand posts more clearly. Maybe then you won't rely upon specific words to validate your post.

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chips.7968 said:

Ah, well, I apologise that English is not your native language in that case. May be in future I can utilise words of single syllables so you understand posts more clearly.

You're right. English is not my native language 🙂 . However, I don't know why you would need to apologize for that. I hope it is not your native language either. I'll just take it as an apology for your attitude. That is fine by me.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501

12 minutes ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

You're right. English is not my native language 🙂 . However, I don't know why you would need to apologize for that. I hope it is not your native language either. I'll just take it as an apology for your attitude. That is fine by me.

No need to apologise for anything, it's implying that in a thread about stealth, which then addressed "escapability", so since the thread is about stealth you're either talking stealth or mobility or both... so the question remains.

You want both nerfed is what you're saying. So how does that balance? The points made were that thief has mobility (it's not a class based around stealth) because it lacks damage mitigation. Our mitigation IS evade. And that evade HAS been nerfed, as has the mobility. 

Without an entire rebalance, what is thief supposed to do if you want both addressing yet again? We can't evade indefinitely, though we can build to stealth indefinitely. So what do you propose and what the hell are you giving in return?

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 6:58 AM, Virdo.1540 said:

imo mesmer is nowhere near comparable to thief. 

In my book they are equal. Sure maybe thief can stack stealth more easily but as someone who built a condi mesmer for the sole purpose of wasting time to a zerg, the ability to cast the same utility twice, the trait that improves stealth, the access of both TP and stealth and the ability to port other players makes mesmer equally if not more annoying than a thief. A thief in the lord room is annoying since it can easily solo the lord but a thief within the first wall will just be annoying a perma contest the keep. A mesmer however can port enough player to break down a wall/gate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Its crazy how theres a 15 page thread about stealth but no thread about broken sustain blobs,which is the actual issue. Which, makes me believe that most of the people that do complain about stealth, run safely inside their blob and then get picked out, but when the entire blob turns around and the thief is able to escape you come to the forum screaming for stealth nerf.

Ive said it before,and ill say it again..Yall are a joke.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

A mesmer however can port enough player to break down a wall/gate.

Well ive seen thiefs just placing a port, run to the next camp & port back into keeps, just for building up an catapult on their own. But i do have to say, the problem with that is mostly due to wvw being dead as hell

• Confused 1

Thieves ruin roaming.

Condi thieves ruin roaming.

Two thieves ruin roaming.

Two condi thieves together are lmao stupid.

Stealth is a major crutch for players, even groups.

Anyone trying to compare thief stealth with any other class is from mars, it's laughable, one can spam the others have actual cooldowns.

Roaming is fine.

Surrounded by fire.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 4/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, Chips.7968 said:

No, I legitimately believe perma stealth should not be a part of the game. Period. 

There is no reason or rationale behind it. It's just trash tier game design. I mean... permanent stealth. Says it all right there.

It's funny because Anet agrees...when it comes to PvP. WvW gets left in an unplayable state intentionally.

• Confused 3

18 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Thieves ruin roaming.

Condi thieves ruin roaming.

Two thieves ruin roaming.

Two condi thieves together are lmao stupid.

Stealth is a major crutch for players, even groups.

Anyone trying to compare thief stealth with any other class is from mars, it's laughable, one can spam the others have actual cooldowns.

Roaming is fine.

Surrounded by fire.

Meanwhile guild groups stealth push single players and consider themselves skillful. I'm just waiting for someone to blame that on thief too tbh.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

well hes right tho. With spectre thief got quite a bit more teleports and even a shroud on top. 

Svarty has disliked thief for a long kitten time, I don't expect to persuade him or anyone else who dislikes thief at this point in the game's life. Hence why I didn't reply seriously and just made a thread necro joke. Evidently that was stealthed too ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1