Jump to content
  • Sign Up

"New Build" Rising in popularity that could possibly ruin wvw....


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

And i find it quite funny that everyone and their mom thinks that this is the sicem build... its is NOT.

Give a link to your full build in the build editor and then you can explain why your build is not a variation of the sicem build.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nice klickbait troll. playing worst class in wvw literally and claiming some big new pepehands build to be OP. i mean, it's a good laugh always again, but u do your groups the biggest favor to not bri

Option 4: you are getting the jump on pve players downing most of them in 1 burst. No skill in that. There is literally no fight in which you don't down the enemy in your first set of cooldowns w

the OG no-pet-karate-ranger

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlRwAZPsQmJWsX7PzR8G-zRIYRUxXIhlAdGB9WC2eQCjmGKMDA-e

The way how you approach your sustain / cleanses differs greatly from the normal sic em or boonbeast build. Making more room for offensive traits resulting in round about 45-50% more damage then a normal sicem build would have. (normal sicem dmg is insane already) The deal with the build is you stay in soulbeast 24/7 and spam the gazelle skills cuz their CD is not existent

 

I can hardly wait for him to post the new "New Build" Rising in popularity that could possibly ruin wvw.... 2.0 thread with a Trap DH, but running Dragon's Maw instead of Renewed Focus and go "this is not Trap DH, this is completely different"

 

LUL 😄 

 

Guys pls calm your tiddys^^ im kind of joking with the posts... i just find the amount of dmg is hilarious and it leads to unfair fights for anyone not expecting to die in 0.5 seconds

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlRwAZPsQmJWsX7PzR8G-zRIYRUxXIhlAdGB9WC2eQCjmGKMDA-e

The way how you approach your sustain / cleanses differs greatly from the normal sic em or boonbeast build. Making more room for offensive traits resulting in round about 45-50% more damage then a normal sicem build would have. (normal sicem dmg is insane already) The deal with the build is you stay in soulbeast 24/7 and spam the gazelle skills cuz their CD is not existent

 

I can hardly wait for him to post the new "New Build" Rising in popularity that could possibly ruin wvw.... 2.0 thread with a Trap DH, but running Dragon's Maw instead of Renewed Focus and go "this is not Trap DH, this is completely different"

 

LUL 😄 

 

Guys pls calm your tiddys^^ im kind of joking with the posts... i just find the amount of dmg is hilarious and it leads to unfair fights for anyone not expecting to die in 0.5 seconds

Sic'em build. Also from the notes section on weapon swap: 

Sigils that trigger off a weapon swap do not need to be the weapon that gets swapped to trigger.

So, you don't need the second cleansing sigil.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I see a big diffrence to the sic em build....  Diffrent traits diffrent rune diffrent sigils... its the same cuz it uses sic em? okey 😄

 

So you mean that if i have a cleansing sigil on one of my weapons i get 3 cleanse on both weaponswaps? are you 100% sure? because i see SO MANY builds using double cleansing... are they all dumb!?

if its true ty for telling me... but i doubt it.

 

Edit: i checked it...   

Remove 3 conditions when swapping to this weapon in combat.

Swapping TO this weapon. it could be diffrent for other sigils but for cleansing you need it on both weapons.

 

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You say that, but look at dramatic thread title… “New Build" Rising in popularity that could possibly ruin wvw..”…

I know its not breaking WvW! its called catching the readers attention. I just think that getting Rolled over like this is a very unfun experience for any new player starting WvW. I am totally aware that there will be builds that perform better overall then this so its not a GODBUILD. BUT... being on the receiving end of a 40k gazellcharge-hydromancy-gazellekick-combo is not fun...  The amount of ferocity and Power you can stack on Ranger is just out of hand, or it is the scalings of the Gazelle im not quite sure...

Did you film a YouTube video on your phone and post it after getting pewpewed? 

YUP ^_^its actually me filming with my phone. Back when i was filming it i wanted to show the stupid amout of damage this build does to my brother. Its not highlight clips or anything it is just me recording my screen for 15 minutes or so and cutting to the kills. I just recently saw this build alot and remembered that i actually have footage of me playing it on my phone. The clips itself are quite old,(and bad) roughly from summer last year. So its not someone that pewpewed me, it is actually my pew pewing.

So you made a clickbait title unnecessarily. Not like for the past 5 years we haven’t known about it. And if you want to complain about the “new player starting wvw” and pinpoint something, you have a lot more you should complain about than one trick pony builds that aren’t just limited to Ranger. 
 

We get it, that build can hit hard… so? Not like there aren’t other profession build capable of the same when built for it… 

 

And the “ruin wvw” comment… Ranger sucks outside of those solo or small scale scenarios, not like it has any real impact on the game mode as a whole. If anything, Rangers mostly suck in squads, so people roam with them. 
 

Out of curiosity, did you also make a thread when Deadeye could 50k one shot stuff from permastealth? Then the devs even gave it more damage… How about the classes that can condi individual players to death with ease, did you make a thread and video? Or is this another Ranger complaint while you conveniently ignore everything else? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nope its my first and definitely last post:D 

Im aware that ranger has noch impact on gvg.

I know that there is Other builds Capable of delivering similar cheesy damage.

BUT you are sacrificing little defensive power for a ridicilous amount of dmg. Build is actually pretty overtuned if you know how to Use it.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I see a big diffrence to the sic em build....  Diffrent traits diffrent rune diffrent sigils... its the same cuz it uses sic em? okey

The difference is that your build focuses more on damage. Live Fast instead of Unstoppable Union, Scholar Runes instead of Durability Runes for example. Other than that exactly the same.
Same utilities, same weapons, same stats, almost same Sigils(Hydromancy instead of Energy). Of course it has more damage, you throw out a bunch of survivability for more damage.

As others have said, as soon as you meet someone with atleast two braincells you will have a hard time, blow all your damage and you are a sitting duck without the padding from Durability Runes and Unstoppable Union.
You throw out 50k damage in a second, sure, but what happens when your opponent does as little as dodge?

This is just a Sic'Em build, with more damage really. Calling this something new that would ruin WvW is like saying a Trap DH running full Berserker stats with most, if not all defensive utilities(Renewed Focus, Contemplation of Purity and Shield) replaced with damage utilities a completely new, never-ever before seen build that is overpowered.


So overpowered it can be countered by a single dodge.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Like i said. It is surprisingly sustainable and can stand its ground in prolonged fights and even in 1vx. Ofc und die wheb u try and Burst while He Has invuln oder dodges,etc. The key is to know when to burst and When Not to. 

I myself thought that this build would Not have enough defense tools. I Was arguing against it for a long time. But i was surprised big time.

Try it. 

And btw  there is more changes then you mentioned:P

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

meanwhile

with all marauder and all attack traits my best crits are less than 5k and i get 7 to 12k crits also no cleanse so hurrdurr dead cuz somehow anyone is faster than me even when i 2swoop away

with all marauder and all def traits my best crits are less than 3k autoattack crits with longbow on mages are around 600 and 1.5k on heavy i cant even kill a necro with already less than half hp 😒

Edited by Faccina.5091
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The difference is that your build focuses more on damage. Live Fast instead of Unstoppable Union, Scholar Runes instead of Durability Runes for example. Other than that exactly the same.
Same utilities, same weapons, same stats, almost same Sigils(Hydromancy instead of Energy). Of course it has more damage, you throw out a bunch of survivability for more damage.

As others have said, as soon as you meet someone with atleast two braincells you will have a hard time, blow all your damage and you are a sitting duck without the padding from Durability Runes and Unstoppable Union.
You throw out 50k damage in a second, sure, but what happens when your opponent does as little as dodge?

This is just a Sic'Em build, with more damage really. Calling this something new that would ruin WvW is like saying a Trap DH running full Berserker stats with most, if not all defensive utilities(Renewed Focus, Contemplation of Purity and Shield) replaced with damage utilities a completely new, never-ever before seen build that is overpowered.


So overpowered it can be countered by a single dodge.

Posts like this....   as soon as you have more then 2 braincells you get the power to time your burst when they "land" with their dodge. Do you kitten really think i Neuer had a competent oponent? I spend most of my Day duelling in armistice or in wvw... 

You can believe me or Not.... this build has ALOT of potential if Played with brain. 

The ammount of cc and evade/blockframes is kwazy!

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean … it’s just a one shot Sic ‘Em build, nothing that special? Everyone who’s ever played Ranger in WvW has played some form of this build, running around one-shotting people. It’s widely regarded as a meme build because you have pretty much everything dedicated to damage. If you ever played during no-down state weekends, this is the build you usually end up running.

The “OP-ness” is entirely dependent on the skill of the player running it. Good players can get away with stuff normal players can’t, such as having basically no defensive capability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

not if you hide in a keep or tower only popping out once a minute for some pew pew action.

 

Oh absolutely, some of the most fun one can have when nothing is going on and defending.

 

Even better, focus some poor squad necro chum or duo with a buddy for double the rage quit potential of your oponent.

 

Still just a Sic 'Em build though and rangers are still as disliked in squads (except for immobeast in anything between 10-25 players in size).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Do you kitten really think i Neuer had a competent oponent? I spend most of my Day duelling in armistice or in wvw... 

Based on the videos I'm certain you didn't have a competent opponent as I only saw people moving away from you get killed.

 

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You can believe me or Not.... this build has ALOT of potential if Played with brain. 

Yes, we know, Sic'Em Slb has existed for a long time, no need to keep going on about a build built for burst damage being powerful when it has been proven over and over again in the past years. Just because you go all out on damage it's still not magically something brand new..

 

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

The ammount of cc and evade/blockframes is kwazy!

Yes, we know that too, suprising that Sic'Em Slb has cc and block, right?

I'm going to say it again, just because you take a build - Sic'Em Soulbeast in this case - and just go for the shiny damage traits and Runes it doesn't make it a new build. 

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

I run something similar to this with Marauder and don't run Scholar runes, but as others have said it's nothing new.  If you die to this you'd die to either of the other 'OP' ranger builds in Immob Druid or NM Core.  

It is true that condis will hurt this type of build bad because 3 every 10s isn't enough when you are outnumbered.  Even if you DO remove 3 every 10s and have Bear stance, I've found you are likely to die to the leftover ticks (bleed, poison, or vuln can make you die to a single AA pretty quick if you are low on HP).  

Also, why is it ALWAYS ranger builds being called out as 'new and OP'? I'd say it is because they are the lowest risk highest return but that isn't even remotely true as you can do way more with a scourge (in general) or good thief (roaming / ganking).  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

People somehow defend this but cry over a stealth thief. Hilarious.

both are annoying, oddly high usage and of no real use for your own group. the farm dps in strong groups, and do nothing but picking off single targets in losing groups.

 

like, the rangers and thiefs who are too cocky can easily get chipdamaged hard enough by active support players of a zerg with CC or smaller condis, to simply get them into oneshotrange by that. not very scary.... the ranger "heroes" fill my bags very nicely every week :9

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Also, why is it ALWAYS ranger builds being called out as 'new and OP'?

I think its because they are always shocked that they finally got a kill from 1800 range by shooting someone in the back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i Feel like im repeating myself, but am i the only one that thinks its a problem if you can hit between 8-15k with literally EVERY Hitsplat?

I know its not a new build. I know this will only affect the roaming part of wvw. I know that there are better builds.

 

But dont you guys see that these numbers are way overtuned?  FKing vids aside they were just running away its okey but what you have seen is the general gameplay that you get when playing this build. Its not like it was a highlightsvideo or something... it was just me slapping on the build and recording 20 minutes with my phone... its literally me touching the build for the first time. 

All of them were plebs we get it. but if you have a TTK of under a second on almost every person you meet in 20 minutes of gameplay... idk it feels off....

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i Feel like im repeating myself, but am i the only one that thinks its a problem if you can hit between 8-15k with literally EVERY Hitsplat?

No you are not the only one but it is only one of the known and old issue with roaming builds. If you scroll through the forum, you will find others like the perma-stealth thief. Anet should do something about their balance. I totally agree and probably many others do. However, most players lost their faith in anet actually doing something about it. Until then, the suggestion would be to run on a build which counters the ranger build. If you are e.g. on a dragonhunter, you can easily sustain the damage and heal yourself up. Then you can strike back while the ranger has his main skills on cd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I

3 minutes ago, gloflop.3510 said:

No you are not the only one but it is only one of the known and old issue with roaming builds. If you scroll through the forum, you will find others like the perma-stealth thief. Anet should do something about their balance. I totally agree and probably many others do. However, most players lost their faith in anet actually doing something about it. Until then, the suggestion would be to run on a build which counters the ranger build. If you are e.g. on a dragonhunter, you can easily sustain the damage and heal yourself up. Then you can strike back while the ranger has his main skills on cd.

n the current meta i run a CeleVentariRenegade. The Projectilehate on demand and the blind on demand paired with the cleanse spam it can put out counters almost every popular build atm, especially ranged ones.

And you can be sure that almost everyone is salty when getting killed by someone using Ventari 😄

 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZlxQJMPii1RTMOqiRShMCagH1U6bD-zxIY1oi/UiUBkpIoUJQvCBJPL+ItB-e

Very Strong in 1v1 and when rotating your ventari with staff its untouchable even against multiple enemys and its almost untouchable to condibuilds. Learning to control the Ventaritablet can be a pain in the kitten tho.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...