"New Build" Rising in popularity that could possibly ruin wvw....

Sahne.6950

Lmao, did you record it with microwave or what. Even audio fits, that freaking dish rolling around.

Soulbeast in WvW is same as necro in sPvP, no matter how you build it, it will work and be either good or broken. Tank? Done. Condi tank? Done. Condi damage? Done. Zerk pewpew? Done. Power sustain? Done. Close range? Done. Midrange? Done. Longrange? Done. Truly ridiculous class, what a shame it lacks blink mechanic, cuz pretty sure it has every other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Widmo.3186 said:

Lmao, did you record it with microwave or what. Even audio fits, that freaking dish rolling around.

Soulbeast in WvW is same as necro in sPvP, no matter how you build it, it will work and be either good or broken. Tank? Done. Condi tank? Done. Condi damage? Done. Zerk pewpew? Done. Power sustain? Done. Close range? Done. Midrange? Done. Longrange? Done. Truly ridiculous class, what a shame it lacks blink mechanic, cuz pretty sure it has every other. 

I recorded it on my microwave yes! ❤️

Greatsword 3 + gazellcharge covers a distance larger then blink and is a evadeframe while covering the distance... so it basicly has blink 😛

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I'm far more scared of boonbeasts tbh, or in general gs+warhorn+axe/sword SB. The LB SB is a one trick pony build, like the LB trapper DH; you do your 1 trick and you hope its enough, because you are dead afterwards it it didn't work.

thats not what onetrickpony means. 😄 It means that a player plays one and only one build making this build his onetrick pony. Players like this will pick their build even if they are facing their hardcounter and can still be effective cuz they mastered playing around the weaknesses.

when it comes to this build you can just pop dolystance and "GS3-Gazelle- double-YEET" away and look for the next opportunity. If played like a ganker its just unfair how much dmg it can do and then just vanish.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

A glassy variant of a standard pewpew SB. Strong in open field, strong from the walls :). Quite predictable, can be countered hard but also can counter hard. Should be primary target as its high dmg but easy to kill. 

I still prefer tankier boonbeast variants for general roaming, less and not as pronounced counters. Oh and it destroys pewpew sbs. 

I think its good for starting in wvw roaming as it is a simple build. But later you get bored of its one trick nature and move to more versatile builds. 

But the last thing you ever want to do against it is run away. So yeah the video is really not show of anything.

4 hours ago, Widmo.3186 said:

shame it lacks blink mechanic, cuz pretty sure it has every other. 

Don't worry, Untamed has that. 

At which point Ranger will be able to do literally everything, with the exception of desired group support, and people will still say it's the worst class in WvW.
Pretty sure Untamed also has some boon rip too.

I'm still unsure what this topic accomplishes. 

I'd post a video roflstomping these types of builds (on a ranger no less) but I can't find that many of them to be honest.  Most other rangers I come across are either structure campers or boon beast variety---the good ones often play builds that aren't even soulbeast related (druid and even core), so finding 'counter content' is pretty difficult actually.  

But hey, you got a 3 page thread out of essentially 'I'm new to WvW look at this OP build' so, congrats I guess? 

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 7:06 PM, Svarty.8019 said:

Whatever next? Gun Flame Berserker or <whatever the one shot skill is> Deadeye?

Gunflame zerker is Extremely squishy though. I honestly have Less armor on it as my full zerk thief because of the -300 armor trait too. And they lack the healing capabilities aswell, Its burst or die.

Edited by Caedmon.6798

Regarding "you only got your first set of attacks/cooldowns off"

Many builds simply don't have a way to fairly respond to these types of ranger builds. What should I do, evade twice? Ok, now what, there is 10 seconds left of ranger skills that will each two or three hit me if I let them strike me, and let's say for the sake of the argument that I don't have any blocks, but I have one short invuln. Ok I'll use the invuln. Alright, still nothing else left to use so guess what happens I insta die. Lmao

Everyone knows ranger, thief and Necro are the holy Trinity of aids in WvW roaming

Unquestionably overpowered, all three of them. If you are told otherwise, you're talking to someone who is either biased, inexperienced, or simply not willing to admit it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It depends on where the ranger is in relation to the target. Bow 2 can be evaded either by dodging or placing something between you and the bow with that build. The arrows do not pierce. Meaning you can put an object, NPC. tree., etc in between you and the ranger. Just try to line of sight his skill. The gs 2 has a lag time and easily identifiable mechanic and again can be dodged and or sidestepped. 

If the ranger can get the opener and your not paying attention your dead. If you keep aware of your surroundings you can put yourself in a more favorable place to survive and once the ranger drops their cd's you have a better chance to kill. them. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:55 PM, solemn.9608 said:

Unquestionably overpowered, all three of them. If you are told otherwise, you're talking to someone who is either biased, inexperienced, or simply not willing to admit it.

Way to shut down any debate, and any opportunity of you learning to deal with those classes better *shrugs*

On 1/15/2022 at 6:28 PM, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Way to shut down any debate, and any opportunity of you learning to deal with those classes better *shrugs*

OP is still OP. If anything statements like these just perpetuate a conversation that need not be had anymore. It's been op for years. About time we put our foot down. You cannot learn how to counter something that is inherently overpowered - that's why we have balance patches, and we haven't seen any meaningful wvw changes in quite some time.

25 minutes ago, solemn.9608 said:

OP is still OP. If anything statements like these just perpetuate a conversation that need not be had anymore. It's been op for years. About time we put our foot down. You cannot learn how to counter something that is inherently overpowered - that's why we have balance patches, and we haven't seen any meaningful wvw changes in quite some time.

If you believe you can counter it, you may be proved wrong, but if you believe you can't counter it you're only ever going to be proved right.

You are correct, I am biased, just like everyone else. One look at my post history will quickly tell you that. Considering that thief and ranger are undesirable almost everywhere besides roaming and +1 I really don't see a problem with them being good at it. If you want me to seriously consider that roaming builds need to be nerfed, then maybe bring me some of those meaningful changes you're talking about - instead of talking about how OP they are in one aspect of the game, tell me how you're going to make them fair in those places while also bringing them into the meta in other parts of the game. If you're only going to talk about how OP they are in one way, shut down those that disagree with you without entertaining debate and bring nothing else to the table, that truly is the conversation that isn't worth having.