The Warriors that Farmed CmC's Ele...

The people who take GW2 remotely seriously have no idea what they actually want.

The other side to this is that CmC (or any of the devs who were given a modicum of free reign with PvP design) clearly never had the imagination or the gumption to actually do anything remotely interesting or innovative with GW2--regardless of what the PvP playerbase thought that it wanted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Departing from the PvP balance topic, CmC neither was, nor is any good ele. Or any other class. Its a typical mediocre gold division player that somehow got in charge of PvP. And if you dont believe me, there are still videos somewhere of his streams or recordings from 'WvW with devs' or w/e it was called. In one of those I was in same matchup and saw it myself - the only reasoning I can take is that it goes same as in sports, good player doesnt mean good trainer after his retirement, but often mediocre player ends as top trainer. How it ended in GW2 case, we all know it.

And cherry on top of that is ele balance for last X months, plus constant joke about downstate ele build. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swagg.9236 said:

The people who take GW2 remotely seriously have no idea what they actually want.

The other side to this is that CmC (or any of the devs who were given a modicum of free reign with PvP design) clearly never had the imagination or the gumption to actually do anything remotely interesting or innovative with GW2--regardless of what the PvP playerbase thought that it wanted.

They did something original with gw1 where they had multiples game modes but it wasn't a good idea either because it splits the playerbase too much. I still like gw2 pvp but they could do more (like make more maps and rotate them between season for 5v5 at least).

They won't because pvp playerbase is super low compared to the pve one (Just like in most mmorpgs tbh), so why should they bother ? hehe

59 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

They did something original with gw1 where they had multiples game modes but it wasn't a good idea either because it splits the playerbase too much. I still like gw2 pvp but they could do more (like make more maps and rotate them between season for 5v5 at least).

They won't because pvp playerbase is super low compared to the pve one (Just like in most mmorpgs tbh), so why should they bother ? hehe

GW1 had much smaller playerbase to begin with.

1 hour ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

But a much more active structured pvp scene  (not counting WvW tho) by far

Yes, because GW1 had more game modes and I'd argue they were better than Conquest 🙃. In GW2 if you don't like Conquest, you rather not play sPvP at all, as you don't have other game mode to que for. Tho I lately que with friend Stronghold only as its much more new player friendly.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2022 at 1:28 PM, Vancho.8750 said:

@greedywholesome.9081

Allot of the Balance is based on some PVP discord something and it is mostly based around ATs.
CMC is doing his best with doing numbers and you could do little with it since it either it has the numbers or it doesn't and something just doesn't work. Mechanics are off the table for some dumb reason and that is what is bloating the game for so long, the whole excuse about that was the expansion, but the elite specs seem like they have been thrown together in the past 6 months not 2 years. I'm under the suspicion that most of the people that worked on skill design balance and what not have been well laid off .

@Trevor Boyer.6524 I double down and  raise you on dumb gaslight statements since my is an official forum post.

"Berserker has been in a great place with strong support, power, and condition builds that are successful in all content."

- Anet 29th April 2021.

This is true I think that they take more from the pvp discord.

the whole point is supposedly to take feed back from the community and yet this discord is toxic to the point of violently attacking people that don’t copy and paste what they say or worship them. They also don’t actually allow feed back to cmc from the discord, just from the admins who are completely desperate.

tbh I think he’s going in a terrible direction, but I do think some people are very happy with this direction. It’s just the wrong one...

14 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I saw WoW do that Gw2 was looking to do in the Februrary patch. 

Got vietnam flashbacks

Tried to warn everyone of the incoming disaster

Got ridicule instead. 

Turns out I was right, but instead of vindication I just feel sad. 

Anet: OK guys. We will nerf everyone equally. 

Players: But this doesn't change anything. Top tier builds will still be Top tier. 

Anet: Ohh and we will nerf mid tier builds extra hard. 

Players: But this makes the power gap between the best and second best even wider? 

Anet: Just as planned. Now go play necro and guardian! Also nerf Warrior again Steve! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Players: But this doesn't change anything. Top tier builds will still be Top tier. 

Players: But this makes the power gap between the best and second best even wider? 

Anet: Just as planned. Now go play necro and guardian! Also nerf Warrior again Steve! 

No Steve don't! NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Feb 2020 patch was to slow down the game because most of the boomers couldn't keep up with the pace of the game. (it was obviously too fast)

Edited by Guirssane.7082

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I see this more as:

Anet: [Nerfs everything] "There. Now we have a foundation for buffing the things that truly matter."
Players: "Nice! So we're gonna get some buffs to underperforming builds soon after, right?
Anet: [ ] 
Players "...So we're gonna get some buffs to underperforming builds right?"
Anet: [Anet has left the chat] 

Anet:[Anet has joined the chat]

Anet:"Berserker is fine."

Anet:[Anet has left the chat]

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I see this more as:

Anet: [Nerfs everything] "There. Now we have a foundation for buffing the things that truly matter."
Players: "Nice! So we're gonna get some buffs to underperforming builds soon after, right?
Anet: [ ] 
Players "...So we're gonna get some buffs to underperforming builds right?"
Anet: [Anet has left the chat] 

Anet:[Anet has joined the chat]

Anet:"Berserker is fine."

Anet:[Anet has left the chat]

Anet:[Buffs Scourge in PvE]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/5/2022 at 9:41 PM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I think you misunderstand. CMC is a good person and a smart individual, who’s being warped and distorted by the perception of what he’s supposed to be and do by the community. In this way CMC is an instrument, a puppet if you will…on the behalf of a witch hunting pitchfork mob: The community…He is here because people wanted him there…and now he must do what the flash mob says or the flash mob gets mad…

The problem is that the mob has no idea what they want to do, and even if they did know what to do it’s usually the worst possible thing to do. (Because this mob doesn’t know anything about game balance or design)

In other words, the community is the mob, and it does not deserve anything…at all.

To be clear…CMC is part of this headless mob too…like how defacto-leaders come to power, they reflect and share the mobs frustrations and values. That’s why he’s not exempt for the outcome we have today…he’s just not fully to blame either. 

My issue is: Say for instance you get a person says Nerf mirage Lets say or: Nerf soulbeast: x is wrong and op.

I'd rather trust a person who plays mirage or soulbeast who asks for nerf than someone at times who doesn't because i many times see the kind of people who ask for  overkill nerfs or the wrong kind of thing and or don't know what they are talking about.  I've seen it happen so often and at least people who are mirage mains who do know the class will know how to keep it functional while not completely destroying it.

Another issue i have is: A lot of peeps who don't main a class don't care if its functional, they just want to win and don't care if the person on the other side is having fun. 

Is it fair for instance if mirage evades a million times while spewing out condis and being impossible to kill? no but should everyone be able to perma camp or kill? that isn't fair either no?

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 8:20 PM, Widmo.3186 said:

Departing from the PvP balance topic, CmC neither was, nor is any good ele. Or any other class. Its a typical mediocre gold division player that somehow got in charge of PvP. And if you dont believe me, there are still videos somewhere of his streams or recordings from 'WvW with devs' or w/e it was called. In one of those I was in same matchup and saw it myself - the only reasoning I can take is that it goes same as in sports, good player doesnt mean good trainer after his retirement, but often mediocre player ends as top trainer. How it ended in GW2 case, we all know it.

And cherry on top of that is ele balance for last X months, plus constant joke about downstate ele build. Ridiculous.

Finally, someone gets it! I hope my title got a chuckle from you. 

On 1/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, Swagg.9236 said:

Well said, I should have worded things like you did so people didn't get confused.

4 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

What class did he used to play?

He used to stream his ele a long time ago, around 2013ish and used to be one of us, a pvp enthusiast. But according to this thread, I guess he also streamed necro but I guess he was already employed by anet at that time.