Game patch, but no patch notes?

About once a week when I launch the game, I have to patch it to play. However, I can't seem to find patch notes most times for this? I am currently patching again tonight, and cannot locate any patch notes as to why. Is this normal? My partner plays with me, and does not have to patch when I do. Wondering if this is normal or something to worry about? 

400k files is nearly the full game (588k files) Gw2.dat was partially corrupted, likely due to disk failure. If it was over 500k files however, Gw2.dat was likely deleted, which could be caused by GW2 being installed to the %temp% folder, anti-virus software (one of them has been known to delete Gw2.dat) or Windows update (avoid installing GW2 under Program Files).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glouse.9720 said:

Patch is also over 400,000 files, so it seems like a lot.

There was no patch since the beginning of Wintersday, so something isn't right there with your installation of the game.

Try moving it to a separate Games folder outside of C:\Program Files or any other system folder, which are not made for game installations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for the help. I did as was suggested, and it seemed to work. However, tonight I have to download the game again. I had moved the game to a folder outside of the Program Files folder on the C drive. The gw2.dat file is still present in the folder, and is dated as having last been modified on Sept 9, 2021. Is there something else I am doing wrong? Thank you again.

On 1/19/2022 at 6:40 PM, Glouse.9720 said:

Hello,

Thank you for the help. I did as was suggested, and it seemed to work. However, tonight I have to download the game again. I had moved the game to a folder outside of the Program Files folder on the C drive. The gw2.dat file is still present in the folder, and is dated as having last been modified on Sept 9, 2021. Is there something else I am doing wrong? Thank you again.

I am currently fulling un-installing and then re-installing the game, just to see if this helps. If this fixes it I will update. Thank you.

EDIT: Been about a month since the above. Clean installation seems to have fixed the issue.

Edited by Glouse.9720