Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Minimum specs for End of Dragons: GTX 680 .. Rly :O?


Recommended Posts

Surprised to see such high min specs for this expansion. That's more powerful than a GTX 1050 TI. My PC died not long ago, bought a new  (used) PC with a GTX 1050, thought it would be fine for Guild Wars 2. Apparently not xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

1050 will probably be fine - perf looks comparable to 680.  It is also hard to know exactly why they came up with that minimum (maybe it is the amount of memory on the card, or api versions it supports, or something else).

Few games go into detailed releases of all the video cards & combos.  All it really means is that anything later than gtx 680 is supported - earlier cards may work, but if they don't, Anet will point at the minimum specs.  Later cards will work and be supported, but performance may not be great depending on lots of factors.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's listed here is significantly lower, but even then, a GTX 680 would be a 10 year old card - I don't think that qualifies as "high", even for a 9 year old game update. 

But as @Solvar.7953 said, specs slightly below are likely to work, it's just not a guarantee.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst case scenario - go into options, tick the dx11 beta. Does your game still run? Then yeah it'll run EoD. Its not like we're getting UE5 with 12gb vram and raytracing support as requirement for EoD. Its still same old GW2, same old tech. If it runs worse in parts its for the same reasons every expansion runs worse in parts - they just add more stuff to the maps, larger meta encounters, more effects.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

What's listed here is significantly lower, but even then, a GTX 680 would be a 10 year old card - I don't think that qualifies as "high", even for a 9 year old game update. 

But as @Solvar.7953 said, specs slightly below are likely to work, it's just not a guarantee.

 

Well a high end old card that still performs better than 1050ti etc, except for lower VRAM.

But yeah hopefully it's just to be safe so people won't complain about the game running badly on their older hardware.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Worst case scenario - go into options, tick the dx11 beta. Does your game still run? Then yeah it'll run EoD. Its not like we're getting UE5 with 12gb vram and raytracing support as requirement for EoD. Its still same old GW2, same old tech. If it runs worse in parts its for the same reasons every expansion runs worse in parts - they just add more stuff to the maps, larger meta encounters, more effects.

 

Yeah runs allright. 40-50 FPS on 1440p on highest settings with the usual fps killer settings turned down.

Haven't played zerg's though, just world completion and stuff.

Edited by jokke.6239
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ameepa.6793 said:

I'm playing with 10 year old 760 which is slower than that 680 card and the game works everywhere fine enough for me and will work in EoD too, so no worries 🙂

Allright, good to hear.

Thought the expansion might be much more demanding than previous content since they upped the requirements, but doesn't seem to be expactation here. Guess  we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, played the game on lowest graphics with 10-25 fps for over 4k hours for the first 2 years of the game, so I guess I'll manage 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jin.8501 said:

Lol high min specs = decade old tech

 

Not that simple as "tech 1 decade old".

Most AAA games min requirements doesn't even go above a 1050 TI yet still .. And 680 is still more powerful than that card

Yes a 10 year old card is still better than most required minimum specs, so in context it is in fact surprisingly high minimum requirements, even more so for a game like Guild Wars 2 that isn't very demanding on graphics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was not a rant or me complaining, was just surprised to see that.

I hope everything will be fine with a 1050. If not, i'm not mad. Guess I'll just have to upgrade again at some point.

Hopefully it will mean much prettier graphics in return then :P?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2022 at 5:30 AM, jokke.6239 said:

Surprised to see such high min specs for this expansion. That's more powerful than a GTX 1050 TI. My PC died not long ago, bought a new  (used) PC with a GTX 1050, thought it would be fine for Guild Wars 2. Apparently not xD

Where did you read about minimum requirments for End of Dragons?

According to GW2 help page they state:

 

Quote
Operating System

Windows® 7 or better (64 bit only)

Processor

Intel® i3 2.8 GHz

AMD Phenom II x4 2.8 GHz

Video

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 250

ATI Radeon HD 5770

Intel Iris Plus 640 or better

Memory

6 GB of RAM

Storage

55 GB available HDD space

Internet

Broadband Internet connection

Input

Keyboard and mouse

DirectX

DirectX 9

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2022 at 6:30 AM, jokke.6239 said:

Surprised to see such high min specs for this expansion. That's more powerful than a GTX 1050 TI. My PC died not long ago, bought a new  (used) PC with a GTX 1050, thought it would be fine for Guild Wars 2. Apparently not xD

Reasonable, considering game is CPU and not GPU heavy

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

 

Not that simple as "tech 1 decade old".

Most AAA games min requirements doesn't even go above a 1050 TI yet still .. And 680 is still more powerful than that card

Yes a 10 year old card is still better than most required minimum specs, so in context it is in fact surprisingly high minimum requirements, even more so for a game like Guild Wars 2 that isn't very demanding on graphics.

Take 1050ti any day over 680 unless it's 4GB edition and not even then. Performance difference is minimal while 1050ti is somewhat modern and well supported 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jin.8501 said:

Take 1050ti any day over 680 unless it's 4GB edition and not even then. Performance difference is minimal while 1050ti is somewhat modern and well supported 

 

Well yeah ofc. 680 could die any second if you have one, given how old it is.

Still 10% more performance than a 1050 TI though, except for the lower VRAM. Not sure how much that matters for GW2 though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...