NEXT ALLIANCE BETA -- JAN 14-21 -- CHOOSE YOUR GUILD NOW

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-world-restructuring-beta-3-begins-on-january-14/

Hi all,

The third beta for the WvW World Restructuring feature will take place January 14 through January 21. As usual, the beta event begins with each region’s respective World vs World reset.

The functionality in this beta will be the same as the second beta in December, but we’ve addressed several bugs that were negatively impacting the player experience.

Matchmaking will be re-run for this beta event. The in-game panel for selecting the guild you’d like to play with during the beta is already enabled. You must make your guild selection by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8) on January 13 or you may be matchmade as an individual for the beta event (i.e. not with your guild).

A WvW bonus experience event will be active between January 14 and January 21 (100% bonus to World Experience, a 25% bonus to reward-track progress, and a 50% bonus to magic find).

We’ll see you in-game on January 14!

-The Guild Wars 2 Team

A one week warning to select your guild, in the very forums it was complained about no warning last time.

No excuses this time unless you have me on ignore. 😆

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

I'm sorry but this is only 1 weeks notice whereas I specifically demanded 2 weeks notice.  I therefore reserve the right to complain, moan and whine that I wasn't given enough notice that another beta event was coming. /s

As someone who's remained loyal to a single server since day 1 of GW2, has always held server pride in high regard, and thought Alliances were a terrible idea from the moment it was introduced...oh, and I'm a solo roamer 90-95% of the time...all I have to say is I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALLIANCES TO GET STARTED!!!  Hopefully we don't have to go through too many more betas before version 1.0 is released.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, enkidu.5937 said:

Even the wiki states: Players often use the term server as a synonym for world, comparing them to servers in other MMOs. So people will always be confused.

But yes, neither worlds or servers. Anet has designated what effectivly replaces them as "teams" under the new structure.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, enkidu.5937 said:

The first sentence says "World is the term used to indicate the group of players on your team".  Even multiple SERVERS get linked together to group up players onto a single team.  Teammates don't all share the same home shard!  Just because players use "world" and "server" somewhat interchangeably, the underlying architecture doesn't work the way you think it does. Try again to understand the nuance.

Servers are being removed as a means of grouping players onto a single team.  Worlds, as in "the group of players on your team", will still play against each other.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

The first sentence says "World is the term used to indicate the group of players on your team".  Even multiple SERVERS get linked together to group up players onto a single team.  Teammates don't all share the same home shard!  Just because players use "world" and "server" somewhat interchangeably, the underlying architecture doesn't work the way you think it does. Try again to understand the nuance.

Servers are being removed as a means of grouping players onto a single team.  Worlds, as in "the group of players on your team", will still play against each other.

Maybe read not just the first sentence that refers to the time BEFORE world linking? 😏 You can also read the FAQ, its clear that worlds get deleted. You can call them "servers", thats fine ofc, but pls stop your nonsense talking, thx

Edited by enkidu.5937
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:38 PM, enkidu.5937 said:

you delete the worlds = there is no WvW anymore

This is nonsense, of course.  We play WvW everyday on teams composed of groups of players who do not share the same home shard no matter what word you prefer.  Restructuring how teams are composed isn't going to remove WvW.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

the very idea of dividing players into 2 parts of those who like the idea of alliances and those who don't will only lead to a decrease in online activity in this activity and why go to a half-empty wvw now if you decide not to change the nchigeo for several months, you need all players to know that wvw has remained the same and started walking very much decreased already online on wvw already in the open world more people have become

• Confused 1

I came home from work and entered the game queues again for all the borders where should I transfer in the new system to just play my favorite game on wvw is it really impossible to do something new no worse than the old iceblud saga this is a map in the 1st plane with sometimes standing NPCs like some Wow 8-bit restructuring is yours all evening I'm in line just take me to the alliance where there are no queues start making the game as a Triad and hot please you have been the best in this for many years

it really doesn't matter to me who makes the dailies who looks around at the game, I only greet and understand perfectly well that until the player examines the weight and does not do the dailies, he will not start playing on bbb at all and I am very friendly to new players from which server I now regat on wvw so that there are no queues, please tell me in your wonderful new system