Gift of Battle

lina.6738

2 minutes ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Yes, hello. I would like to buy one (1) Gift of Exploration, please.

What? I cannot?

I am shocked and appalled. If my demands are not met by noon, meet me at the big tree for a match of fisticuffs. Good day to you.

and funny ting exped u need gift of battle with it dont remind it

• Confused 4

11 minutes ago, tonny.7580 said:

i got in start like 6legi but i got after chacne i got 1in totol and thad was doing land clam and badges spender

I feel you brother. I have 26 GoB and 40k badges and nothing to use them on. 

Why can't I trade them for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Provisioner_Token so I don't have to PvE for PvE things. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/8/2022 at 6:04 AM, yoni.7015 said:

You should have to play all game modes to get legendary items. 

I don't agree with that.

I play wvw 99% of the time, it's a game mode that arguable requires legendaries more than pve considering we don't get easy access to ascended since we know drop rates in wvw are pretty garbage and the only reliable way is a massive time gate through a vendor, while wvw requires you to have multiple builds for multiple situations and roles on any given day.

You should play the game mode you like the best to obtain the legendaries you want, considering all three main end game modes are different from each other. You shouldn't force players into a game mode they hate to acquire items they've been 99% working on in another mode, and a lot of players hate pvping.

If the Gift of Battle was setup to lure players into wvw to give it a try, it was fine when it only cost like 500 badges, but on a reward track that requires them to spend 8 hours or more in there (like if it's a complete newb that has no ranks and knows nothing about wvw and participation), it's borderline torture, I know because I feel exactly that way when I need to go to pve for anything in gw2, say the gift of exploration(or going through living story 3 and 4 for the legendary trinkets /pukegagpuke). I'm sure there's better ways to try and get players into wvw.

At this point of the game they should have had legendaries for every single gear slot for all three game modes, and the gifts should be reworked and acquired in their own modes. The Gift of Battle should be reworked into pve through either a series of events or collections like they usually do for practically any other special pve gear piece. I wouldn't even be surprised if pve players would rather do another bloated skyscale type of collection for the gift of battle instead of running 8 hours in wvw.

P.S Calling it the "Gift of Battle" when you can half afk or put in minimal effort into with little to no actual combat to obtain is a good joke. At least badges, (even though they were given away in achievement chests), required you to kill players to earn lol.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track
The minimum time for completing a reward track (without boosters) is 8h 35m (103 ticks), where 195 points are earned per tick. The overall minimal time to complete a reward track is 3h 50m (46 ticks), where all available boosters increases the points per tick from 195 to 438.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-world-restructuring-beta-3-begins-on-january-14/
A WvW bonus experience event will be active between January 14 and January 21 (100% bonus to World Experience, a 25% bonus to reward-track progress, and a 50% bonus to magic find).

Yall can keep asking for it, idc, maybe they do change it some day. In the meantime...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, lina.6738 said:

Hello Gregg! 

I do know about boosters and i do use them, but I was generally speaking! May be think of the fact that not everyone can afford some of the boosters! Even so, 4 hours is WAY TOO LONG! WvW is dead during the week lol 

Apologies for not being the one that likes mindlessly following a tag and doing whatever i am told to.. If you have that kind of mentality i am not judging, you are your own person! 

Suggesting that someone else's gameplay is, "mindless," is judging regardless of your claim to the contrary.....and if you think that organized large group content is mindless you might want to consider educating yourself on the topic rather than casting false aspersions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Suggesting that someone else's gameplay is, "mindless," is judging regardless of your claim to the contrary.....and if you think that organized large group content is mindless you might want to consider educating yourself on the topic rather than casting false aspersions.

And I am certain that the OP doesn’t do meta events, nor world boss events either.  🙄

• Like 2

Well I mean people have to make concessions somewhere,. For example, we could  make reward tracks go by faster to say 6 hours or even 4, but if people are deadset on no WvW whatsoever, then that doesn't matter.

Map Completion  is actually not analogous to the Gift of Battle either because that assumes that PvErs all do map compleition. But that's not true because most endgame pve doesn't require really require you to explore much if at all. In WvW you get reward track for doing mostly anything. I would probably argue there are many pvers that don't like map completion either.... should they be able to strike that off the lists?

And again it's a legendary item; 100% optional and wtf stats are you using anyways if you don't raid or wvw? The same ascended zerker gear from 2014 still does what it does. You might have had a point back when Freshwater pearls cost an arm and a leg but this is no longer true and you can even buy minstrel exotics for cheap straight off the TP these days.

Heck I joke with my friend that could buy 5-6 legendaries outright but no use because it's just zerker/ marauder ascended weapons anyways.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, tonny.7580 said:

and it 2022 soo if ur on bad wvw server u get farm on other 2 server like server ganging up on ur server(thad happening like ad sec how blue and red gangking on green ad sec with blue and red not attacking one nother but only green  and all toger on green

To be fair, people on red might feel blue and green are teaming up and blue might feel like red and green are teaming up. Or based on the position your server is in maybe enemies are working tactically.

As people have been saying you can get a GoB by doing enough dailies. Do low risk ones.

Big Spender, you don't need to leave the starting zone.

Veteran Creature Slayer: depends, choose the ones close to your spawn when there are other players from your server waiting for it. Sometimes if an enemy shows up they don't even want to fight players, just wait for the creature. And if they do and you have allies then you'll have numbers.

Getting a bit higher risk

Master of Monuments: If enemy players don't attack you there will be no fighting.Just stand in the circle.  If you get defeated WP and return, if enemies are being adamant about stopping you getting a monument switch to one of the other two borderlands and try there.

Land claimer: Kill one veteran guard and stand in his circle.

Guard killer. Kill any 5 guards.

Higher risk but doable

Camp capturer; You need to take 2 camps but you get two potions, everything above only gives one. I solo'd plenty camps when I was new to WvW. Ones near spawn are usually a good bet.

Tower and Keep capturer...  These are the high risk ones. I can give a bit of advice for that but depends on what's going on. Look at your  home borderland. If enemies control any keep on it then it is likely a group from your server might be planning to retake. North towers on HBL are also something that commanders like to retake if they are lost.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

I feel you brother. I have 26 GoB and 40k badges and nothing to use them on. 

Why can't I trade them for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Provisioner_Token so I don't have to PvE for PvE things. 

We should TOTALLY have a wvw way to get legendary sigils and runes in wvw. I sit on 300ish GoB, 220k+ badges and 75k skirmish tickets.

CAN I HAZ LEGE SIGILS AND RUNES, ANET

Here's a suggestion, split legendaries into 3 parts.

* Legendary with stat swap earn from wvw.
* Legendary with skin earn from pve.
* Legendary with foot-trails earn from pvp.

Gain all 3, fuse them together in the toilet to get the full thing.

And actually put some proper requirements to get them, they're supposed to be LEGENDARY!!! not afkendary...

----

Personally I'd wish they just deleted legendary items from the game. They're ugly as sin, and just keeps zombifying this very same topic every single week. I'd rather be without, since so many seemingly doesn't understand that they're optional end game grinds that is designed to take you through most stuff in the game (and still fails at it).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I too have complained about getting these a long long time ago. I put myself in this box and restricted myself from even attempting WvW... I was so foolish. After I started dabbling in it I ended up really enjoying it. Now here I am with way more GoBs than I will ever need and almost half way to 10k rank.

But to stay on topic just because you do not want to do something does not mean there needs to be another way of doing it.  What do you think the word Battle means ?  I mean its not the Gift of Bank Sitting now is it. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

i'd still say, pay guilds to have u on shared participation 😛 wvw players are not rich, therefore that would easily solve the "issue" for all the pvE people.

How common is this? I'd probably just ignore someone asking to pay for participation lol 

Also what's the going rate? What's participation worth to people nowadays?

Edited by Zikory.6871

2 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

How about they just revert gift of battle back to how it was originally acquired: purchase with WvW currency.

It's because they made a poor choice to put them in achievement chests, so you can get badges by not playing WvW.

But badges can be used in the big spender daily, which can be part of getting the track without WvW via daily potions.

If I have anything to complain about, it would be that Celebration/Birthday boosters only increase Reward Track gain by 10% and the Candy Corn Gobbler has an atrocious interface.

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

They would then revert it to require map completing WVW again, including every keep and SMC. Trust me it is way easier now.

idk, i find nothing hard about map completion in wvw, its like 10 times easier than pvE map completion - unless it requires u to complete also EotM xP nobody ever is there.

@Zikory.6871 that's the joke, nobody ever asks even for having that. people rather expect you to carry their lazy pvE builds for hours, while they madly berserkerpew pew with their rangers etc and then type "res please" in the mid of some vietnam-like territory

(like, the ogrewatch uphill site towards stonemist, while the ppt-server pepegas use trebs, mortars, catapults from at least 3 side onto it)

that is why i said, that if any pvE baron feels to need the GoB without playing Wvw, they could hypothetically ask us to carry them with participation for a fair price, reward tracks don't take that long for perma full participation to cycle through even.

• Confused 2

On 1/9/2022 at 1:17 AM, Loosmaster.8263 said:

This thread needs to be merged with the other 1k that were posted...

This ☝️👍
And to OP - WvW /sPvP players are forced to complete the Gift of Exploration, which takes much much longer than the 6-8 hours of semi-afk WvW required to get the Gift of Battle.  

• Like 5

You dont have to play wvw extensively. Just do the daily quests with the wvw reward buff from guild etc. Once you complete the dailies use the potions for the reward track. Dailies take maybe 15 minutes per day. You can also run around just to take camps and claim sentries just to help boost the points. 

You can also find a tag that is running around karma training towers to help speed up the process. 

You can also preplan by doing the daily quests and just banking the potions. I currently have a full bank tab on main account and each of the alt accounts have 4+ stacks in the bank. 80 potions will complete 1 reward track from 0 to finished. If i decide to make a legendary and need the gift i just burn that many potions to get one immediately. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 10:31 AM, Zikory.6871 said:

Yall can keep asking for it, idc, maybe they do change it some day. In the meantime...  

I did that thing this week, and got 3 GoB and my Warclaw.  Total playtime easily under 20 hours during the Beta Event, with boosts, hitting 390 per tick, so I could have even been a bit faster with full buffs.

While I have dabbled in WvW back around HoT, and tried a few times since then to wrap my head around what WvW was, this was legit the first time I actually set a goal and tried to reach it; figure out WvW, and get that GoB.  I think I started at about lvl 11? I haven't even hit lvl 50 in WvW yet and I reached my goal 3x over and added the Warclaw.

Was it easy?  Other than the time investment, it was absolutely easy.  Yes there is a learning curve and some aspects of it can be frustrating but, I went in with an open mind and the belief that many people had successfully got a GoB before me, and many would after, and some of those people actually enjoyed doing so.  Even I had a good time, enjoying the newness to me for the game mode and exploring all the zones, enjoying the rush of victory and defeat.

That said, I still dislike the game mode, I mean it is fine but, meh, not my thing.  I'm not going to be playing on the regular, but I might grind out a few more GoB the next time they offer boosts to reward tracks.

As a game mode I can optimally farm once or twice a year, I am glad I figured out how to farm WvW, and sorta look forward to the next time I can take advantage of it.

-------EDIT-------

In the 7 hours since I wrote the first part of this post, I farmed a 4th GoB.  Casually popping in and out of WvW today, maybe 5 hours in zone.

I am tempted to give it to the Blue Catmander now....

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364

I was playing on my alt and it only has core so the reward tracks suck and there is no mount.. Ending up getting this useless Gift of Battle. They should really let you vendor it for more.

Because I had no mount I pretty much did not go anywhere beyond the EB or the borderland third. You can also go repair stuff

If for some reason you don't have badges for Big Spender, you can use the skirmish chest to buy badges.

All you really need is a movement boost, maybe a leap, and some condi clear.

That being said, I'd be open to people being able to trade these things and maybe exploration gifts, but you have to unlock this ability by doing these things at least once yourself. Which obviously doesn't help the QQers but I suppose doing any of this the 6th time around isn't too fun.

• 1 month later...