Gift of Battle

lina.6738

16 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Uh on that note I know someone posted it somewhere but can you make Gift of Exploration accessible for WvWers and PvPers. That takes WAYYYY too long even with mounts. Like I just want things handed to me, k thanks.

Then it wouldn't be called a "Gift of Exploration" anymore. Legendaries are PvE items, you know, the main game, so of course they're gonna be in a way restricted to the main game. And as I mentioned before, Gifts of Battle should be in PvP as well, personally I absolutely despite WvW but I don't mind regular PvP. It should an option to choose between both gamemodes to obtain it.

I came into WvW for GOB and stayed for the AWESOME experience and friendships I have made with my guild. WvW was hard at first. But now, its >50% of my game play. Give it an honest shot. Join a tag. Get in their Discord (you dont have to talk, just listen) and have a freaking blast. It is REALLY REALLY fun.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Then it wouldn't be called a "Gift of Exploration" anymore. Legendaries are PvE items, you know, the main game, so of course they're gonna be in a way restricted to the main game. And as I mentioned before, Gifts of Battle should be in PvP as well, personally I absolutely despite WvW but I don't mind regular PvP. It should an option to choose between both gamemodes to obtain it.

tbh as someone pve only, im fine with giving it to pvp/wvw, assuming it takes ~8hrs to get and cant be sped up by boosters (since map completion is about 16hrs realistically for most people)

53 minutes ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

I came into WvW for GOB and stayed for the AWESOME experience and friendships I have made with my guild. WvW was hard at first. But now, its >50% of my game play. Give it an honest shot. Join a tag. Get in their Discord (you dont have to talk, just listen) and have a freaking blast. It is REALLY REALLY fun.

tried it for an hr the other day, got full boosters and everything for a couple of hrs, so mind numblingly boring i couldnt take it any more, just decided to wait for the spender dailies.

4 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Considering WvW was one of their featured gamemodes upon release boasting about siege taking towers etc, it should be fitting that gift of battle would be in WvW. 

Truth be told it isn't the first time PvErs complained about wanting things their way sadly those who main WvW and PvP will be forced to do PvE content for cosmetics or in WvW case item stats.

• Confused 1

On 1/8/2022 at 4:56 AM, lina.6738 said:

Hello!

I would like to ask you to please look into other ways of obtaining Gifts of Battle! From a player that has been playing the game since 2014 (with some breaks of course) the fact that i have to do WvW even for 1 hour is dreadful, let alone for 8 hours. It would be the dead of me! WvW is the one aspect of the game that I have never liked or really played/ enjoyed! When you think about it, everything else could be obtained through just regular PVE, except for some specific to a certain game mode items (legendary raid armor, wvw legendary armor, pvp legendary armor, conflux etc...). It doesn't make sense to have the Gift of Battle that is used for all legendary crafting to be locked to 1 game mode. It's not fair to those that don't like that game mode and it's pretty much forcing us to do it if we want to obtain the reward! And i would agree with it if it was a specific item needed only for certain things, but it's not! Any legendary crafting requires it and some of it require even 2! That's 16 hours of WvW! 16 HOURS! I would not survive to see the end of it! Are you trying to kill me?! Please for my sake and sanity, let us be able to obtain gifts of battle from some other sources (watch you put it in the gem store now lol)!

Thank you! Love you lots 

Give me a way to skip all the PVE while making my legendary weapons then sure; Otherwise no. 

On 3/7/2022 at 8:29 PM, Peterson.5172 said:

tbh as someone pve only, im fine with giving it to pvp/wvw, assuming it takes ~8hrs to get and cant be sped up by boosters (since map completion is about 16hrs realistically for most people)

Sounds like one reward track, only reward tracks could be sped up by boosters.

I suppose it is exploration. How about this? Maybe a way to monitor what you have and need. What if you needed to take every camp, tower, keep, Stonemist, every sentry post, monument and shrine? You only need to take each once, after it you get a GoE, it resets. You can't bank them. So if I capture something 10 times before getting my first  GoE this way I'll need to cap it again before my second. Remembering that each time you move to take something there could be an enemy trying to defend it. I set out to do a renown heart, over time I can  do it. If I set out to take a keep with a squad, the enemy may well stop us.

26 minutes ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

Sounds like one reward track, only reward tracks could be sped up by boosters.

I suppose it is exploration. How about this? Maybe a way to monitor what you have and need. What if you needed to take every camp, tower, keep, Stonemist, every sentry post, monument and shrine? You only need to take each once, after it you get a GoE, it resets. You can't bank them. So if I capture something 10 times before getting my first  GoE this way I'll need to cap it again before my second. Remembering that each time you move to take something there could be an enemy trying to defend it. I set out to do a renown heart, over time I can  do it. If I set out to take a keep with a squad, the enemy may well stop us.

i was thinking more as a reward track (not affected by boosters/only partially affected)

since world completion takes 12hrs (world record), if we say 16hrs for normal person, that's 8hrs / GoE

8 hrs is about how long a regular wvw track is without boosters

So if you disable boosters for that track somehow, that's about same time investment as open world exploration

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

So if you disable boosters for that track somehow, that's about same time investment as open world exploration

I mean, running a reward track is not close to being comparable to map comp. Hearts alone make it a larger investment. 

You should have to run 6 reward tracks for each of the main core regions and mystic forge it with Emblems or something.

I'm all for getting Gift of Exploration in WvW but you are kidding yourself if you think it should be easier then getting it in PvE. 

You know hearts are definitely the worst. I was very happy that HoT got rid of them and have 1 HoT map completion to my name vs 1 core. But then PoF came along and brought them back. As a result I absolutely refuse to do PoF, not to mention the Desert Gift as a whole is trash.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Zikory.6871 said:

I mean, running a reward track is not close to being comparable to map comp. Hearts alone make it a larger investment. 

You should have to run 6 reward tracks for each of the main core regions and mystic forge it with Emblems or something.

I'm all for getting Gift of Exploration in WvW but you are kidding yourself if you think it should be easier then getting it in PvE. 

no it's not easier... read the numbers...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

I thought there were only five, Asura and Sylvari both start in Maguma. Humans in Kryta, Charr in Ascalon, Norn in Shiverpeaks, then there's Orr.

Though there are only 4 places in the mystic forge, that was why I suggested gifts of north south east and west before.

10 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Running a reward track isn't easier then doing map completion? You could make the track take 48 hours and it would still be easier. 

9 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

what...?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/nvqadi/world_completion_world_record_of_9_hours_31/

world record 9.5hrs, now lets say it takes the average person double that, that's 19hrs for 2x GoE

a wvw track (without boosters) is about 8hrs, so one track = 1 GoE is about the same time investment (by not allowing track boosters)

for the record im a pve player, i get my GoB by saving up big spender and wvw ranker pots (my wvw exp comes from the wvw supply boxes from converters)

1 minute ago, Peterson.5172 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/nvqadi/world_completion_world_record_of_9_hours_31/

world record 9.5hrs, now lets say it takes the average person double that, that's 19hrs for 2x GoE

a wvw track (without boosters) is about 8hrs, so one track = 1 GoE is about the same time investment (by not allowing track boosters)

for the record im a pve player, i get my GoB by saving up big spender and wvw ranker pots (my wvw exp comes from the wvw supply boxes from converters)

Yea well you have boosters in WvW lol...so i dont get why boosters are a "bad thing". At the end of the day its still easier to get GoB then it is GoE.

I cannot booster map competition and I would actively have to play, u can literally repair a kitten wall and afk and still be able to get it.

Also another thing is, GoB reward track is repeatable, unlike map competition you need to make a new character for that.

2 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

lol what kinda prankster are u there, world record okay. i personally barely spend any time in the old maps, and also have not ever much, as starting 2019. the HoT and PoF maps are huge and many even more labyrinthesque built, it's not fun at all to run around there for days. and you'd need a lot of map completions for those gifts.

i forfeited my one try at like 70% over a year ago, and i did do some completion parts for several months there. it just makes my brain feel offended doing map completion idk. like for realistically what, a 2100 gold legy weapons minus further 300 crafting cost (icy runestones or how that sh#t is called)....

... that simply is not worth the time and struggle to do world completion.

13 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

lol what kinda prankster are u there, world record okay. i personally barely spend any time in the old maps, and also have not ever much, as starting 2019. the HoT and PoF maps are huge and many even more labyrinthesque built, it's not fun at all to run around there for days. and you'd need a lot of map completions for those gifts.

i forfeited my one try at like 70% over a year ago, and i did do some completion parts for several months there. it just makes my brain feel offended doing map completion idk. like for realistically what, a 2100 gold legy weapons minus further 300 crafting cost (icy runestones or how that sh#t is called)....

... that simply is not worth the time and struggle to do world completion.

1. i used double world record time, which is quite do-able with mounts
  2. if you are really slow at map completion, wouldnt you want a faster way in wvw then?

let's say, i'd rather have a Wvw-exclusive variant of the GoE for some kinda Wvw-legendary weapon or sth alike. i dont't believe we get real way to get GoE for "free". like, even trading 10 GoB for 1 GoE would be still "for free" kinda. but i doubt it heavily, so wanting in this context is not realistic

first priority should be finding usage for the "emblem of avenger" stacks we got tho 😛

like sofar, Wvw has gotten pretty much ... nearly nothing...? ... with EoD release. tho i do like the new skins from the weaponboxes, okay. still, is in the end just another load of exotics. but even Icebrood saga, a not paid FLC, did provide that kinda so eh.

3 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

if you are really slow at map completion, wouldnt you want a faster way in wvw then?

You don't get it...anet isn't going to add GoE to a reward track and they sure af aren't going to add a easier way to get it then actually doing map completion. 

Reward tracks are a joke for WvW players, I complete 3 a week in my average play time. 

9 minutes ago, Zikory.6871 said:

You don't get it...anet isn't going to add GoE to a reward track and they sure af aren't going to add a easier way to get it then actually doing map completion. 

Reward tracks are a joke for WvW players, I complete 3 a week in my average play time. 

if all players came together and asked for it rather than wvw/pve players trying to beat each other down, they just might...

and i only said "easier" because the other person cant read numbers, i'm proposing a way similar in time investment

and if someone really like map completion, they can do 3 times a week for 6x goe... (it takes about 15-20hrs if you use a route with mounts)

1 hour ago, Peterson.5172 said:

if all players came together and asked for it rather than wvw/pve players trying to beat each other down, they just might...

lmao. People been asking for this since literally release, when WvW maps were part of Map completion. They won't.

1 hour ago, Peterson.5172 said:

and i only said "easier" because the other person cant read numbers, i'm proposing a way similar in time investment

Time investment doesn't matter. Its effort. Map completion is a feature to get people to go back and explore core maps. You are suggesting making that obsolete, which Anet won't do.

20 hours of doing map comp is doing 20 hours of active PvE. Doing 20 hours of reward tracks is ignoring it while I play or AFK in WvW. 

2 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Time investment doesn't matter. Its effort.

Correct. That would be like saying Raid Legendaries are easier to get than WvW legendaries because you can get the former faster.

For some they may be. For your average player, definitely not.

What's missing from the equation is that speedruns are not often just half the speed of a regular player but often closer to 5-10x in many games lol.

For example, killing Siax CM in 13s. Most nonspeed run groups are looking at 1:30-2:00. And most average players aren't even going to do that if at all.

Needless to say, posting speedruns isn't indicative of much.  Otherwise people should post numbers of getting a GoB with every booster possible during a bonus xp week.

That being said, using boosters as a base does suggest there's something wrong with the normal numbers. It also does not help that the common birthday/celebration boosters only give +10%.  You have to use the more expensive xp/heroic/black lion boosters (1 laurel btw-- not a bad idea) to significantly reduce the time.

For your average WvW player, I also think 8 hours for any reward track base is pretty bad, considering they will not be constantly spamming boosters.

Also you can buy gen 1s directly from the TP, which would take even less time either GoE or GoB. That doesn't make it "easier"

Edited by ArchonWing.9480