12 positioning mistakes beginners make in WvW

10 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

At the end you forgot to mention, "don't chase squirrels!!!".  😆

I'd wager there are more than a few vets who could learn a thing or two watching this tutorial as well.

Very nicely done.

Oh you can be sure there are a lot of vets who never were taught these things because they've never invested in recording their gameplay and having it reviewed.  😛

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, gloflop.3510 said:

Good video!

12 mistakes? I could only see 11 in the video. Am I stupid?

Thanks! The 12th one is quite short (backpedaling). I was afraid that the video was too long so I will elaborate here. I sometimes see newer players slowly backpedaling when their tag goes 180 degrees and these newer players get caught in enemy rev spikes which is easily avoidable had they just used any one of the three solutions.

22 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Oh you can be sure there are a lot of vets who never were taught these things because they've never invested in recording their gameplay and having it reviewed.  😛

I won't hold it against players for not recording their own gameplay (not everyone has a decent enough 'puter that can handle both the game and recording at the same time), and I'll be the first one to admit I have a hard time spotting my toon in teammates videos, even when I'm on tag the whole fight.

But the OP also brings up a few points I don't recall ever hearing any of the commanders I've run under bring up, so I would definitely recommend watching this video if you raid in WvW, regardless of whether you're new or a vet.

4 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

I won't hold it against players for not recording their own gameplay (not everyone has a decent enough 'puter that can handle both the game and recording at the same time), and I'll be the first one to admit I have a hard time spotting my toon in teammates videos, even when I'm on tag the whole fight.

But the OP also brings up a few points I don't recall ever hearing any of the commanders I've run under bring up, so I would definitely recommend watching this video if you raid in WvW, regardless of whether you're new or a vet.

You don't need much of a potato to record Gw2. I did it with a Core 2 Quad with 2 gb of ram. Though definitely not for SMC fights. That would just crash eventually regardless. 

Granted, the thing died eventually by overheating @ Red BL though, but that's another story.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480