Does anyone know the idea behind the Claim Ticket rewards structure?

Malice.5867

19 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Also while Gorani is correct in that it is not true linear progression it is quite close unless you are counting wood or bronze skirmish chest which can be attained very easily.
Wood = 0.147 * pips
Bronze = 0.177 * pips
Silver =  0.198 * pips
Gold = 0.214 * pips
Platinum = 0.228 * pips
Mithril = 0.240 * pips
Diamond = 0.248 * pips

I wouldn't be opposed to flattening this but unless you are getting to merely bronze/silver it is less of an issue than people make it out to be.

You can't just ignore parts of the data. 😂

Making the progression evenly distributed across all chests and you get something like 8 Tickets for intermediate chests and 14 Tickets for the final chest of each bracket (which is slightly better than current Silver, but not as good as Gold). I could perfectly live with that. Players with only a few hours would see a noticeable increase of tickets compared to the status quo, while full time WvW players still get the same amount of max tickets at the end of the week they have now.

7 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well that's why I suggested there be a limit per week so it'll even out over time. If you get 1000 kills, it'd be the same if you get 300 kills. I suppose you can argue that the large squad will still get them faster, but that will apply to anything.

If that's not good enough, it could just be restricted to 1/week. Although I really don't care what people that are here just for tickets really think.

I don't really care either way (I delete them); am fine with just making them plain old marks. Currently you get 3/10 of a mark per week, I suggested bringing it to 9/10. But 1-2 marks is also fine.

I think having an ascended chest possible would be nice (doesn't have to be a precursor)

You know the Return to Living World gave people ascended stat select weapon box? Unlike armor the weapons account for 5% of damage from exotic to ascended due to weapon strength so weapons have more impact overall.

Arenanet could put in collections for the Triumphant Hero, Mistforged , Mist Lord's weapons, and other WvW items. It would serve two functions: firstly to keep track of what you have unlocked , secondly to provide people with ascended weapons. This is sort of low priority though when you think about it since if you hit ticket cap you more or less can buy any non-mistforged armor or weapon if you have the marks for it. That's why grandmaster mark shards are a far larger problem since memories of battle now are actually worth far more than the initial vendor intentions (they used to be 3 silvers instead of 20 silvers).

If all shards are replaced by marks then if you hit gold skirmish reward you would have 3 grandmaster marks. It wouldn't be tradable since marks aren't tradable so it would only help people that actually need gear while not cluttering everyone's inventory with mark shards (if they're not going to budge on the mark shards at least make it a wallet currency).

---
If someone is getting only wood skirmish they don't really count as that is only enough for the commitment pip.

2 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

You can't just ignore parts of the data. 😂

Making the progression evenly distributed across all chests and you get something like 8 Tickets for intermediate chests and 14 Tickets for the final chest of each bracket (which is slightly better than current Silver, but not as good as Gold). I could perfectly live with that. Players with only a few hours would see a noticeable increase of tickets compared to the status quo, while full time WvW players still get the same amount of max tickets at the end of the week they have now.

Edited by Infusion.7149

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

You know the Return to Living World gave people ascended stat select weapon box? Unlike armor the weapons account for 5% of damage from exotic to ascended due to weapon strength so weapons have more impact overall.

I was thinking more of assorted Fractal Armor chests. But weapons could probably be more important.

Arenanet could put in collections for the Triumphant Hero, Mistforged , Mist Lord's weapons, and other WvW items. It would serve two functions: firstly to keep track of what you have unlocked , secondly to provide people with ascended weapons. This is sort of low priority though when you think about it since if you hit ticket cap you more or less can buy any non-mistforged armor or weapon if you have the marks for it. That's why grandmaster mark shards are a far larger problem since memories of battle now are actually worth far more than the initial vendor intentions (they used to be 3 silvers instead of 20 silvers).

If all shards are replaced by marks then if you hit gold skirmish reward you would have 3 grandmaster marks. It wouldn't be tradable since marks aren't tradable so it would only help people that actually need gear while not cluttering everyone's inventory with mark shards (if they're not going to budge on the mark shards at least make it a wallet currency)

Ok I guess you got me there since I don't want that crap clogging my inventory. Even when I was making Legendary Armor, it was so slow I was crafting that crap anyways and Sublime doesn't even use them anyways.

And yea my first set was when MoBs weren't as expensive and it seemed like the better option than dealing with marks.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480