Balance suggestions for CMC to save PvP

Arheundel.6451

....Just remove PvP and add this...

Nobody's feelings get hurt (wishful thinking) when losing, every pillow will have same size and composition, BLINDFOLD IS OF PRIMARY IMPORTANCE. basically everybody gets same chance of losing or winning..no wintrade..no class drama...no more headaches for the devs...best solution, everybody happy.

P.S really...MMOs moving forward should not have PvP of any form, at best Realm VS Realm. This attempt to please the "always angry mob" really does not work..because the mob is always angry about something, and nerf by nerf ..there won't be anything left to log on for...just remove PvP and let's be done with it, there is not engaging gameplay and the balance is being reduced to "what last longer after the latest round of nerfs?"....MMOs moving forward should not have PvP at all....different mentality and playerbase...everybody thinks to be the hot kitten.

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

....Just remove PvP and add this...

Nobody's feelings get hurt (wishful thinking) when losing, every pillow will have same size and composition, BLINDFOLD IS OF PRIMARY IMPORTANCE. basically everybody gets same chance of losing or winning..no wintrade..no class drama...no more headaches for the devs...best solution, everybody happy.

P.S really...MMOs moving forward should not have PvP of any form, at best Realm VS Realm. This attempt to please the "always angry mob" really does not work..because the mob is always angry about something, and nerf by nerf ..there won't be anything left to log on for...just remove PvP and let's be done with it, there is engaging gameplay and the balance is being reduced to "what last longer after the latest round of nerfs?"....MMOs moving forward should not have PvP at all....different mentality and playerbase...everybody thinks to be the hot kitten.

Realm vs Realm isn't PvP tho.
Its blob vs blob its basically PvE individual action does not matter hence is why I am in sPvP and not WvW, and my favorite class mesmer is just regulated to boon ripping with kitten ripping skills in a blob so no thanks which does kitten all of nothing. Honestly everyone does kitten all of nothing in a blob.

Generally this is always case tears are always the loudest on the forums people can always relate to how you die, but never relate to how people win because winning feels individual not designed but pain suffering people find solidarity in. Best thing to do is call out all those people every single day maybe we get improvements maybe we wont. All i know if all we have is WvW i will leave to find a game with more structured small scale pvp.

I really understand you i wish it wasn't this way but it is, all we can do is try to steer the community in the right direction and that opportunity is coming with EoD if gw2 really isnt dead EoD should give us a bunch of new players that are blank slates and hopeful we can infuse them with good video game culture and not the culture that has been festering here for the past 5 years. And yeah i know its bad when we have top 5 players with the same opinions of silvers.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Realm vs Realm isn't PvP tho.
Its blob vs blob its basically PvE individual action does not matter hence is why I am in sPvP and not WvW, and my favorite class mesmer is just regulated to boon ripping with kitten ripping skills in a blob so no thanks which does kitten all of nothing. Honestly everyone does kitten all of nothing in a blob.

Generally this is always case tears are always the loudest on the forums people can always relate to how you die, but never relate to how people win because winning feels individual not designed but pain suffering people find solidarity in. Best thing to do is call out all those people every single day maybe we get improvements maybe we wont. All i know if all we have is WvW i will leave to find a game with more structured small scale pvp.

I really understand you i wish it wasn't this way but it is, all we can do is try to steer the community in the right direction and that opportunity is coming with EoD if gw2 really isnt dead EoD should give us a bunch of new players that are blank slates and hopeful we can infuse them with good video game culture and not the culture that has been festering here for the past 5 years. And yeah i know its bad when we have top 5 players with the same opinions of silvers.

While you have some good points I'd strongly disagree that WvW is blob vs blob. Yes, this is the main kind of content in certain locations and at certain times, but the vast majority of my WvW playtime is in small-scale battles that are often even smaller than in PvP, sometimes as low as 2v2 and even the occasional 1v1.

Players who think WvW is only large-scale combat have never truly experienced the game mode.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

This is a good suggestion and all, but pillow fights are far too dangerous for CMC's PvP. 

I mean, a pillow? That would do way too much damage.😰

But at the same time this would provide some good reasoning as to why CC is the way it is right now.

And wearing the blindfold would provide an immersive thief/engi fighting experience

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

This is a good suggestion and all, but pillow fights are far too dangerous for CMC's PvP. 

I mean, a pillow? That would do way too much damage.😰

But at the same time this would provide some good reasoning as to why CC is the way it is right now.

And wearing the blindfold would provide an immersive thief/engi fighting experience

You could catch a zipper in the eye from the pillowcase if the person was traited for it.

Of course, to fix this, they'll just give it a 300 sec CD and then forget it ever existed, or maybe even just flat out disable it like Chaotic Interruption.

Edited by Starbreaker.6507
  • Haha 4